Rumour AFL figure dead as a result of car crash this afternoon

Remove this Banner Ad

I was shocked when I saw this on the news, you just never think a tragic incident like this is going to happen to someone you know or someone you are familiar with on TV.

R.I.P Spud. I really started to enjoy watching Bounce this year, including just last night, the show cannot go on without him. He and Dunstall (with their chemersry and genuine life long friendship) made it what it is. Out of respect I hope the show is canceled.

Never met the guy but his media personality was enough to surmise that he was a genuine and lovely guy. Never took himself too seriously and always there for a laugh. Sincerest condolences to his family. Huge loss.

I’m really hoping it was just an accident...
Well the one car fatal accident occurred at 1.30pm today. Before we jump to conclusions we need to know, at least, the speed at which the car was travelling, whether other cars were nearby, whether it was raining, whether the road was slippery. Etc

Well the one car fatal accident occurred at 1.30pm today. Before we jump to conclusions we need to know, at least, the speed at which the car was travelling, whether other cars were nearby, whether it was raining, whether the road was slippery. Etc

I live in the area, and I did quite a bit of driving today. First I heard of the accident was on my car radio. No rain or slippery conditions at the time. Not usually a time when roos are out. They will also look for brake/skid marks. Are there any, or not, etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t need to know anything

I live in the area, and I did quite a bit of driving today. First I heard of the accident was on my car radio. No rain or slippery conditions at the time. Not usually a time when roos are out. They will also look for brake/skid marks. Are there any, or not, etc..

Or he could have fallen asleep??

Doubtful at 1.30pm.

He could have swerved a wombat, in the meantime punctured a tyre on an echidna, which spun out the car. What's the point of speculating with no facts, let the police do it.

I have moderate sleep apnea and could fall asleep at 9am.

Oh no that's horrible in any case. In this case though he was a very happy go lucky block with zero axes to grind. A rare commodity in the AFL. Very sad news.

Doubtful at 1.30pm.

He could have swerved a wombat, in the meantime punctured a tyre on an echidna, which spun out the car. What's the point of speculating with no facts, let the police do it.

It’s not doubtful at all. Boring country roads, a later night than usual or a stressful morning, a bit of food and then a bit of sun on the face and you’re struggling to stay awake. Had a mate reach down to get a dropped drink bottle and then launched his car off an embankment, killing his apprentice in the passenger seat. Many of these types of accidents are caused by medical emergencies. I’m surprised that there’s any reference to a deliberate act at this early stage.

It’s not doubtful at all. Boring country roads, a later night than usual or a stressful morning, a bit of food and then a bit of sun on the face and you’re struggling to stay awake. Had a mate reach down to get a dropped drink bottle and then launched his car off an embankment, killing his apprentice in the passenger seat. Many of these types of accidents are caused by medical emergencies. I’m surprised that there’s any reference to a deliberate act at this early stage.

Look I don't want to go over and over it because some people will be in different stages of grief and some will not want to know it, but he hit the tree square at significant speed...

Look I don't want to go over and over it because some people will be in different stages of grief and some will not want to know it, but he hit the tree square at significant speed...

So did a well known Territorian after a fatal heart attack. And unless that car had been moved or he was driving along the paddock, he didn’t hit that tree square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back