Rumour AFL figure dead as a result of car crash this afternoon

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So did a well known Territorian after a fatal heart attack. And unless that car had been moved or he was driving along the paddock, he didn’t hit that tree square.

I'm sick of getting into battles trying to 'prove it', it's been acknowledged. Look into it yourself or chose not to believe it, your choice.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm sick of getting into battles trying to 'prove it', it's been acknowledged. Look into it yourself or chose not to believe it, your choice.

If you’ve got other information that you’re not disclosing then you can hardly throw a tanty because someone doesn’t arrive at the same conclusion when they’re missing key evidence.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you’ve got other information that you’re not disclosing then you can hardly throw a tanty because someone doesn’t arrive at the same conclusion when they’re missing key evidence.

I have disclosed it. There's an article in the Age by Chip Legrand that goes as far as confirming it without confirming it, which is media policy. Have a read and come to your own conclusion.

....and that's why mental illness is swept under the rug and not talked about. Let's just pretend it was another terrible car accident on a country road.

I'm with you. At the appropriate time it needs to be discussed. It could save another life.

....and that's why mental illness is swept under the rug and not talked about. Let's just pretend it was another terrible car accident on a country road.

If discussing the issue saves one life, it is worth it. Its a shame there is still a stigma associated with in the year 2019.

Suicide data 2017 – ABS (2018)

• Suicide is a prominent public health concern. Over a five year period from 2013 to 2017, the average number of suicide deaths per year was 2,918.
  • In 2017, preliminary data showed a total of 3,128 deaths by suicide (age-specific suicide rate 12.7 per 100,000), rising from 2,866 deaths in 2016 (11.8 per 100,000).

AFLFootyChick

All Australian
Apr 6, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have disclosed it. There's an article in the Age by Chip Legrand that goes as far as confirming it without confirming it, which is media policy. Have a read and come to your own conclusion.

Exactly! Latest Herald Sun article now states that Danny Frawley's death is "non-suspicious" and he will "not be added to the year's road toll tally."

Exactly! Latest Herald Sun article now states that Danny Frawley's death is "non-suspicious" and he will "not be added to the year's road toll tally."

According to The Age: “In recent weeks he confided in friends and family that his marriage was over and personal finances were under severe strain.”

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Entire threads have been cleaned up to save embarrassments, yet to receive a single apology for being attacked for acknowledging the truth. Typical.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
These same people petitioned for an "award" the same day of the tragedy. Double standards are always here on this forum.

Everybody comes to terms with devastating news at their own speed, I understand that. I'm just very tired of the social media outrage culture and launching tirades because a comment was not as 'sensitive' as they would like, when I was merely letting the fact it was a suicide sink in for myself, and I'm still doing that as are we all. But I'll let it go out of respect for honouring Spud's memory, it shouldn't be about one upping each other. We should be united in our grief of a terrible tragedy of a great man.

Sauras

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Everybody comes to terms with devastating news at their own speed, I understand that. I'm just very tired of the social media outrage culture and launching tirades because a comment was not as 'sensitive' as they would like, when I was merely letting the fact it was a suicide sink in for myself, and I'm still doing that as are we all. But I'll let it go out of respect for honouring Spud's memory, it shouldn't be about one upping each other. We should be united in our grief of a terrible tragedy of a great man.
Exactly, if you dont give the condolences like others your immediately labelled as insensitive and can * off.. its the typical Bigfooty outlook. Bigfooty can have the "AFLs fattest player" forum with a picture of Sarah Perkins as the headline but oh no thats ok. They can have Daisy Pearce beneath a sexual assault headline, nope , play on. It's all bullshit.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Exactly, if you dont give the condolences like others your immediately labelled as insensitive and can fu** off.. its the typical Bigfooty outlook. Bigfooty can have the "AFLs fattest player" forum with a picture of Sarah Perkins as the headline but oh no thats ok. They can have Daisy Pearce beneath a sexual assault headline, nope , play on. It's all bulls**t.

No matter what you say you upset someone these days. All I said was I came to the conclusion from reading between the lines of media reports last night it was a suicide. As did many others but some don't believe it until it's spelt out, like I said, we all react differently especially when it's raw so I don't hold any grudges but people should respect opposing points of view without immediately drawing fire. Especially in a scenario such as this where everyone is rocked, there's no point taking it out on each other. Misdirected emotion.

JoeyPBLUES

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
No matter what you say you upset someone these days. All I said was I came to the conclusion from reading between the lines of media reports last night it was a suicide. As did many others but some don't believe it until it's spelt out, like I said, we all react differently especially when it's raw so I don't hold any grudges but people should respect opposing points of view without immediately drawing fire. Especially in a scenario such as this where everyone is rocked, there's no point taking it out on each other. Misdirected emotion.
Well given Internally it’s been reported there were no skid marks at the scene it was either that or fell asleep or reached for something on the floor and was goin too fast. Which I think is why maybe the papers “know more than they’re saying”.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well given Internally it’s been reported there were no skid marks at the scene it was either that or fell asleep or reached for something on the floor and was goin too fast. Which I think is why maybe the papers “know more than they’re saying”.

I read they classified it non suspicious and removed it from the road toll. As it was ruled self harm. That's as definitive as you would get.

Jun 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I read they classified it non suspicious and removed it from the road toll. As it was ruled self harm. That's as definitive as you would get.

On Twitter yesterday people were posting the same photo of the tree that was hit with the tyre tracks in the grass heading straight towards it. No skid marks, no swerving, just two straight tracks in the grass heading straight for the tree, an absolutely chilling visual.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
On Twitter yesterday people were posting the same photo of the tree that was hit with the tyre tracks in the grass heading straight towards it. No skid marks, no swerving, just two straight tracks in the grass heading straight for the tree, an absolutely chilling visual.

He knew those back roads. There was a perfectly straight long run up leading to that huge tree. Maybe they shouldn't have publicised the location. Mulch that tree.

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Ruled non suspicious
Removed from the road toll
Hit the tree at significant speed
No Skid Marks
I've also heard (not going to name who told me) but no seat belt
Failed to attend his own birthday party with family.
Missed his Mental Health appointment

It doesn't matter what your status is in life, whether you're living under a bridge with a few sheets of newspaper as your blanket, a prominent football figure or a rock star.. Depression is far reaching and unrelenting.

It's an epidemic in my eyes and it's going to take a collective effort to take on depression.

If you see someone is struggling, reach out to them. Even if it's a stranger.
That one interaction, showing empathy and care for a person you might see on your daily commute, or a friend/family member/work colleague, it could be the thing that stops that person doing something they can't undo.

Look after each other.

May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When Dunstall was closing out what we now know was Frawley's last episode of Bounce the camera shot shows Frawley with a big grin on his face and waving to the audience. It's easy to say that it was just a silly, humorous little moment that Spud was known for doing a lot on the show, but with hindsight in mind looking back at that moment it seemed like Spud was subtlety saying 'goodbye' to everybody.

Check out the 26:00 mark - https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/bounce/bounce-070919!745931

What does everyone else think? With that said when Dunstall says "And unfornetely all these idioits will be right along side me" Spud does point to himself and then points back to Dunstall indicating that he would be back 'next week'.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
When Dunstall was closing out what we now know was Frawley's last episode of Bounce the camera shot shows Frawley with a big grin on his face and waving to the audience. It's easy to say that it was just a silly, humorous little moment that Spud was known for doing a lot on the show, but with hindsight in mind looking back at that moment it seemed like Spud was subtlety saying 'goodbye' to everybody.

Check out the 26:00 mark - https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/bounce/bounce-070919!745931

What does everyone else think? With that said when Dunstall says "And unfornetely all these idioits will be right along side me" Spud does point to himself and then points back to Dunstall indicating that he would be back 'next week'.

I think you are reading too much into it. He would not be making a joke of his own departure.

Gene Simmons

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2007
Melbourne Rock City
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I would lie if I didn’t think the same thing as you however Spud always clowned around like that, I think we are just over analysing it...

Back