Discussion AFL Finals Series Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm well this took me about 20 minutes. The way I did it, and what I always do if I'm searching for a high quality logo from a sports league, is to search Google by "(search term) filetype: pdf". A lot of the time, logos in PDFs are vectorised.

I finally found one from a Collingwood Finals PDF in 2008.

2im9oux.png

If you know how to extract SVGs from PDFs, here's the file link: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/portals/0/magpies_docs/FinalsMembership_Collingwood.pdf

This thread could also be used to design a new finals series logo ;)
(I assume Cory may be doing this anyway?)

I like the current Finals series,Grand final logo the way it is simple and classic :thumbsu:

Yeah, I agree. Thought some people would want to see a change and assumed that that might be why you wanted the logo though. I also liked the older GF logo (03 etc) with the cup as well though

The way that the 'Finals Series' text slants inwards really bugs me! The perspective just ain't right given how the rest of the logo is flat 2D.

There's another Grand Final logo the league have used on GF merchandise for years now but they never actually use it on the day which seems a bit odd. It's an illustration of the MCG. Anyone got a copy of this?

Yep, love the old GF logos with the cup (thinking back to when the Crows won it). Even just the silhouette of the mug on it's own would make a solid logo - it's got that icon status.

The way that the 'Finals Series' text slants inwards really bugs me! The perspective just ain't right given how the rest of the logo is flat 2D.

There's another Grand Final logo the league have used on GF merchandise for years now but they never actually use it on the day which seems a bit odd. It's an illustration of the MCG. Anyone got a copy of this?

Yep, love the old GF logos with the cup (thinking back to when the Crows won it). Even just the silhouette of the mug on it's own would make a solid logo - it's got that icon status.

Premiers%20Logo.jpg

This one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back