Oppo Camp AFL Finals Series Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got sick of Selwood and Puopolo getting frees for high tackles. Someone should develop a way of tackling these blokes that reduces the risk of a free or increases the risk of really hurting them.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think Pagan got rid of him when he took over from schimmelbusch

Nope. Still played with us up till 1995 where he Captained our reserves to the premiership.

Geelong's game management was North-esque

I thought exactly the same thing. When did they shut up shop: About the 8 minute mark of the last quarter? Definitely North-esque.

I actually noticed during the game that both sides played better when they got more than 2 goals down.

Hawthorn champion Lance Franklin has eased concerns about his elbow injury, saying he feels "awesome" and will play in next week's grand final.
Franklin was helped from the field cradling his right elbow after it was accidentally knocked by teammate David Hale while attempting to tackle young Cat Cameron Guthrie during the first term in Friday night's stunning five-point preliminary final win over Geelong at the MCG.
He was assessed by club medical staff and returned to the bench with the elbow heavily strapped in time for the second quarter and played out the game.
After a recovery session on Saturday morning, Franklin said he would take his spot next Saturday – in what could be his last game for the club as he weighs up where he wants to play next season.
"It's always good after an exciting win. I don't think anyone feels any injuries after winning a prelim and getting ourselves into a grand final," Franklin said.
"It was a little bit sore. The big Hale storm hit me a little bit hard. But I got checked by the doctors and was all right to play out the game and I'm just looking forward to the grand final.
"No (damage), I'm good to go. I just want to get out there."

Win- 'played with an injured elbow that was worse than revealed and played an important part...'

Lose- 'played with an injured elbow that was worse than revealed and was restricted....'

...such is the Grand Final!

I thought exactly the same thing. When did they shut up shop: About the 8 minute mark of the last quarter? Definitely North-esque.

I actually noticed during the game that both sides played better when they got more than 2 goals down.

Bartel was a massive culprit here - Hawthorn let them off the hook with poor goal kicking and he banged the kick in to a contest on the 50 metre arc where the Cats were usually outnumbered. Compare and contrast with the Hawk method after the Varcoe miss. Was unbelievable.

Watching tonight. Fyfe is a magnificent player. So is Mundy.

It's becoming a destroyation. 52 to 13.

Umpires working hard to keep the Swans in it but they're simply being overpowered.

Lyon is out-coaching Horse.

The pressure is relentless, they're comfortable in their press and zone. They should win in a canter.

Should be an interesting GF if they go on to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back