AFL Finals Week 1 Discussion

Umpires evening up the free kick count and GWS cashing in big time.

Also Brent Daniels went one pick before Charlie Spargo, would love him at the Dees. Great running game, great distributor.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
Mt Buller Demons
It was mostly dogs fans that bought tickets and I reckon they’ve left early.

Also they had a heap of fans flying up today and there flights got delayed . Those people will have had a great day Indeed
Fair enough.

I feel a bit for anyone who enjoyed their big day in the airport. Been there. It stinks

Compare our year to the Dogs and Dons. We didn't win as many games (obviously) but we also didn't cop as many beltings - only in Geelong in R2 where we won the I50s 48-72. Dogs conceded 76 I50s to 37 tonight and got smashed in contested ball 167-125 (uncontested possessions 227-179). If we hadn't have shat the bed in so many close games we could have at least spared everyone from having to watch those two sides embarrass themselves in finals.

mrmonkey

Dec 3, 2010
So my western bulldogs supporting mate invited me over his house for the game. I only made it for the second half and boy that was disappointing. I couldn't care less about the results but would have liked a closer game just for a bit of feeling in the game. Once it got to about 6 goals you knew it was over. Hopefully tonight will give something. I have a feeling it will be much the same boys vs men.

Dancing Potato

Jul 7, 2015
Absolute umpiring chaos in the first few minutes here. Lions getting reamed.

I just want one good game this weekend...the others were rather dull affairs.

Apr 13, 2015
Brisbane looking like a huge straight sets contender
They ****ed up. Should have been 5 or 6 goals up early. They didn’t, the tide turned and the opposition have duly punished them. They’re Melbourning to an extent. Still think they’ll roll the Giants next week.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
Winnipeg Jets
They f’ed up. Should have been 5 or 6 goals up early. They didn’t, the tide turned and the opposition have duly punished them. They’re Melbourning to an extent. Still think they’ll roll the Giants next week.
Richmond are just that good. Premiership favourites by a lonnnng way now.

* imagine having the chance to get Martin and instead picking a non drinking long distance runner with s**t footy skills.

Oct 13, 2015
Blackhawks, 76ers

fu** imagine having the chance to get Martin and instead picking a non drinking long distance runner with s**t footy skills.
Eh, 3-4 years in, that looked like a massive *up in itself when he was a headcase looking to head to GWS until even they didn't want a bar of him.

Apr 13, 2015

fu** imagine having the chance to get Martin and instead picking a non drinking long distance runner with s**t footy skills.
Yeah but Martin had too many neck tattoos and didn’t attend an elite private school. He also looks a bit ethnic. It was the correct call.

Imagine getting a good player with pick 3. We can only dream.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
Winnipeg Jets
Eh, 3-4 years in, that looked like a massive fu**up in itself when he was a headcase looking to head to GWS until even they didn't want a bar of him.
If you believe he was ever actually leaving. It was all a contract negotiation and I'd take Martin's first 4 years over Scully and Trengoves entire careers

There’s no way he’d have come this good with us. Dimma is a substantially better coach than any we’ve had at developing talent.

Oct 13, 2015
Blackhawks, 76ers
I believe he gave it some thought, no idea tho, next time I run into him when out for sushi I'll duck the chopsticks and ask him.

I'd have taken Trengove pre-foot injury to be honest ... tho you could argue Scully's best game is still that Friday night against the Dogs.