AFL Finals Week 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I was looking forward to finals footy, then the weekend ended up a bit meh.

We chose a bad year to become terrible and finish second last because we would have fitted in nicely amongst the meh half of the finalists this year.
Also we definitely would have put up more of a fight than the Dogs, Essendon and Brisbane.

Did you watch last years prelim?
Did you watch our first two finals? Essendon and the Dogs play game styles that have no business in finals. I don’t think at any stage this year we copped the belting that the Dogs did in I50s and contested possession, and we almost took the Eagles down twice this year/had close results at three quarter time against Richmond which blew out in junk time. We were gassed from a physical month by the time we got to the prelim the prelim but with the week off at least our contested game would have allowed us to play out a respectable 20-30 point loss in a final rather than just get belted, only the umpiring allowed the Dogs to avoid a 100 point loss. Not saying we would have won given we apparently just don’t win games anymore but on balance I’d take our 2017-19 over Essendon/the Dogs if I’m picking who is most competitive in a final. And Brisbane just rolled over and died after quarter time at home, but maybe I should wait and see how they go next week with hopefully more accurate kicking.

Is there a much of a point speculating on how the team that finished 2nd last would have comported themselves during finals?

Is there a much of a point speculating on how the team that finished 2nd last would have comported themselves during finals?
Yes. Otherwise I’m speculating about what PR disaster awaits from this years Bali outing.

Is there a point to anything we do here?

It's a low bar, I'll admit. We do yammer and witter on about nothing a lot, but this seems particularly frivolous given the year we've had.

fu** imagine having the chance to get Martin and instead picking a non drinking long distance runner with s**t footy skills.
Richmond have done a great job of keeping him on the straight and narrow, not sure we would have been as successful in that regard.

In any case if we didn't turn him into Gysberts he would have been traded for a small forward years ago.

Richmond have done a great job of keeping him on the straight and narrow, not sure we would have been as successful in that regard.

In any case if we didn't turn him into Gysberts he would have been traded for a small forward years ago.
People keep telling themselves this to help fall asleep at night, Same crap reason we picked Cook over Darling and the like

We would have been fine. Col Sylvia would've taken little Dusty under his wing and looked after all facets of his education.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People keep telling themselves this to help fall asleep at night, Same crap reason we picked Cook over Darling and the like
Wrong. I fall asleep fine at night because I’m exhausted from the existential labour of being a Dees fan.

Wrong. I fall asleep fine at night because I’m exhausted from the existential labour of being a Dees fan.
We don't need much sleep in the winter though because we can always catch up on it in September

Remove this Banner Ad

Back