Game Day AFL Finals Week 1 game’s discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Greene likely to get a suspension for minor but dirty acts as a collective. Yet Bont a few weeks ago against the same mob takes out Haynes with a highshot and Haynes is still out, only got a fine. AFL have their favourites, and their villians and guys like Greene, Sicily will always come down on the harsh side of penalties, whilst angels like Bont can get away with anything.

Toby is such a gun. Piity this junk creeps into his game.

LOL.
With that video at hand...how can they let him off? Unlike Nic Nat, he's not defending himself...it's just a pretty feral attack...Richmond would be pretty happy if the AFL say THAT is O.K., not because they are feral, but because they are a pretty tough outfit to begin with.

*edit, video up on AFL.com now

Greene likely to get a suspension for minor but dirty acts as a collective. Yet Bont a few weeks ago against the same mob takes out Haynes with a highshot and Haynes is still out, only got a fine. AFL have their favourites, and their villians and guys like Greene, Sicily will always come down on the harsh side of penalties, whilst angels like Bont can get away with anything.
Not sure if serious.

Green sees a bloke on the ground and immediately tries to scrag his face, gouge and then pulls his hair while slamming his head into the ground....how that is comparable to Bontempelli body checking a guy is beyond me.

Take a look at the video and tell me anything Greene did here was justified. He’s a grub, and he won’t play again this year.

Not sure if serious.

Green sees a bloke on the ground and immediately tries to scrag his face, gouge and then pulls his hair while slamming his head into the ground....how that is comparable to Bontempelli body checking a guy is beyond me.

Take a look at the video and tell me anything Greene did here was justified. He’s a grub, and he won’t play again this year.

So should Zac Merrett be suspended then? That is a fine at worst but because he's Greene AFL will whack him with everything they have got.

So should Zac Merrett be suspended then? That is a fine at worst but because he's Greene AFL will whack him with everything they have got.
A fine at worst? Are you for real mate?

With literally no provocation he’s literally looked down to see who is underneath him and then grabbed a guy by the face and hair for no apparent reason other than to hurt him.

Watch the video. He’s gone.

Merrett is a little bitch - but a tug on the hair isn’t remotely comparable to repeated eye gouges to a bloke who can’t defend himself.

A fine at worst? Are you for real mate?

With literally no provocation he’s literally looked down to see who is underneath him and then grabbed a guy by the face and hair for no apparent reason other than to hurt him.

Watch the video. He’s gone.
He might be, but if Bont did the exact same thing to him, I doubt it would even be cited. AFL have their villians and their favourites, and we all know where both Greene and Bont fall.

He might be, but if Bont did the exact same thing to him, I doubt it would even be cited. AFL have their villians and their favourites, and we all know where both Greene and Bont fall.
This is horseshit.

We don’t know how they would respond to Bont doing it, because luckily for him he’s not a grub and has never done anything like it.

Absolutely anyone would get done for that. I’m all for saying the AFL has agendas - but there’s not a chance in hell any player would escape with a fine for this action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is horses**t.

We don’t know how they would respond to Bont doing it, because luckily for him he’s not a grub and has never done anything like it.
Yet Bont gets Haynes high, careless with high impact a few weeks ago and gets a fine...Bont wouldn't miss any footy over what happened by Haynes did. And before you talk about actions, the MRO have always heavily weighted penalties on the outcome, and not the actions.

Merrett is a little bitch - but a tug on the hair isn’t remotely comparable to repeated eye gouges to a bloke who can’t defend himself.
Can you really say it was an eye gouge? There was a face grab sure but that's all I could make out from the footage.

Yet Bont gets Haynes high, careless with high impact a few weeks ago and gets a fine...Bont wouldn't miss any footy over what happened by Haynes did. And before you talk about actions, the MRO have always heavily weighted penalties on the outcome, and not the actions.
This is what you wanted Bontempelli to be given no benefit of the doubt for? A late body check that he could do almost nothing about?

This is what you wanted Bontempelli to be given no benefit of the doubt for? A late body check that he could do almost nothing about?

You don't remember when Burgoyne for 3 weeks (down to 2 on guilty plea) a few years ago for the same thing? AFL have their favourites and Bont is one of them.

You don't remember when Burgoyne for 3 weeks (down to 2 on guilty plea) a few years ago for the same thing? AFL have their favourites and Bont is one of them.
No I don’t, but there’s no way in hell Bontempelli’s action is even comparable to the deliberate s**t Greene did to a bloke laying on the ground yesterday.

No is not , but there’s no way in hell Bontempelli’s action is even comparable to the deliberate s**t Greene did to a bloke laying on the ground yesterday.
I'm still not sure what you are seeing with the Greene incident, I see his hand on the face for a split second and a slight hair tug?

I'm still not sure what you are seeing with the Greene incident, I see his hand on the face for a split second and a slight hair tug?
Are you for real?

In what world is grabbing at a players face, pulling them by the hair and slamming their head into the ground ok?

Did you even watch the video?
365CCE19-318A-43D3-898B-AF8A27567628.png

949FBB14-22EE-4B2C-BF76-CE99E8562814.png

And the photos of Bontompelli with scratch marks on his neck and a bruised eye after the altercation are just a coincidence I assume?

Are you for real?

In what world is grabbing at a players face, pulling them by the hair and slamming their head into the ground ok?

Did you even watch the video?
View attachment 743011

View attachment 743013
Things that happen many times a game I'm sure - I still don't see an eye gouge there and as I said AFL have already let Merrett off for grabbing Nic Nats hair.

Probably time to agree to disagree on this one mate.

And the photos of Bontompelli with scratch marks on his neck and a bruised eye after the altercation are just a coincidence I assume?
Can you directly relate those marks to Greene's actions? I have no skin in this game in terms of I don't care about either giants of doggies, I just see events like these or Stratton's pinching or Campbell Browne lying to protect Judd when he got eye gouged being treated much harsher than other incidents where players end up with real injuries.

Things that happen many times a game I'm sure - I still don't see an eye gouge there and as I said AFL have already let Merrett off for grabbing Nic Nats hair.

Probably time to agree to disagree on this one mate.

You’re comparing a tug of hair with a guy who has rabidly attacked the head and face of a player in a sustained attack that left him with scratch marks and a bruised eye. Did Bont spill your drink at a bar once or something? The two incidents aren’t remotely comparable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back