Game Day AFL Finals Week 1 game’s discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL administration is a joke
There is no other way to describe it

What makes this so much worse is that our club and others that are successful have to fund these welfare programs...sorry I mean expansion clubs.

I’ve said before I don’t want a super league battle in this sport - but I’m starting to change my tune. If the 16 pre-2011 clubs want to form their own league and let the AFL continue with just two clubs then I’m all for it. The AFL needs a wholesale, radical and ruthless cull of corrupt top brass and all their pathetic sycophants.

The AFL wants two clubs, and two clubs only, to succeed at the detriment of 16 other clubs without blow-in supporters. Something has to be done about it before they kill the game.

So you’re saying it’s fair game to be eye gouged, scratched and have your hair pulled and slammed if you’ve sling tackled someone?

Did I say that?

Listen to Delidio on radio this morning, he states that the tackle shock him up a fair bit.
With the Haynes bump, then this tackle, the "plastic franchise" showed some resolve.

Bont is no innocent passenger in this.

And to pee you and others off, I am glad Toby Greene got off, just for the lols.

Did I say that?

Listen to Delidio on radio this morning, he states that the tackle shock him up a fair bit.
With the Haynes bump, then this tackle, the "plastic franchise" showed some resolve.

Bont is no innocent passenger in this.

And to pee you and others off, I am glad Toby Greene got off, just for the lols.

That’s cool - I used to go for the Decepticons when I watched Transformers as a kid. Sometimes it’s fun to support the evil side.

Last edited:
Just saw the footage of greene giving bont head massage in a pck.

Look slightly to the side and theres a bulldog player doing similar to a giants player

How funny is the AFL website - "GWS star cops massive fine".

I'm not sure that is the headline the AFL went with when Campbell Brown got fined twice as much for being eye gouged :oops:

But he lied though - lying is a terrible look for the game. Not as bad a look as repeatedly striking players, spitting on players, karate kicking players or attacking the face and pulling the hair of players. These guys are role models mate, think of the children!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he lied though - lying is a terrible look for the game. Not as bad a look as repeatedly striking players, spitting on players or attacking face and pulling the hair of players. These guys are role models mate, think of the children!!!!

The AFL will make a trillion dollars in fines if someone from Essendon ever writes a tell all book :p

there are bigger problems in this world but Greene copping a fine reckon kinda validates my argument. Pretty disappointed with a couple of the posters with how they went after me just because they didn't agree with my opinion on here and won't be in a hurry to engage with them on footy talk here for a while. Now if he eye gouged I would have been all for him copping a suspension.
He got a fine because the AFL argued for one!!!

He got a fine because the AFL argued for one!!!
And the AFL argued for a fine because it wasn't serious enough of an offense to warrant a suspension. Which is exactly how I felt but when I expressed this opinion I was subjected to your bullying tactics you typically employ when people don't submit to your groupthink.

And the AFL argued for a fine because it wasn't serious enough of an offense to warrant a suspension. Which is exactly how I felt but when I expressed this opinion I was subjected to your bullying tactics you typically employ when people don't submit to your groupthink.

21F1B128-937E-46F1-A379-15639DD09CF4.gif

So Stratton gets a week for pinching an arm, but pulling a guys hair and slamming his head into the ground is not serious enough for a suspension. Come in spinner.

I guess the upper arm is now sacrosanct, not the head.

This claim of Bullying tactics is weak as piss, btw.

By arguing my point I bullied you, did I?

So Stratton gets a week for pinching an arm, but pulling a guys hair and slamming his head into the ground is not serious enough for a suspension. Come in spinner.

My stream is actually weak due to a medical condition, how dare you piss-shame me you mean bully!

So Stratton gets 2 weeks for pinching a forearm, but pulling a guys hair and slamming his head into the ground is not serious enough for a suspension. Come in spinner.

If you go through my posting history around the Stratton event, you'll find I thought both the stomp and the pinches deserved fines only. Zac Merrett just two days earlier pulled Nic Nats hair and only got a fine. I'm yet to see another player suspended for pushing another players head into the ground, so again I felt this was worthy of just a fine.

You went after my posts saying things like what horse s**t, Toby won't play again this year, he gouged him whilst completely dismissing my points about Bonts actions just a couple of weeks ago that left a guy with a fractured larynx even though there are very clear MRO guidelines about how Bonts actions should have been graded. Even after my view that Greene only deserved a fine was the actual outcome you throw out the 'Come in spinner' line like it is still ridiculous I feel this way. This is your typical MO.

The initial point of my argument was based around how guys like Sicily & Greene (and yes Stratton as well) pay the price for minor actions whilst the AFL favourites get a lot more leeway. But well done to yourself and Ned for the mocking and bullying. I can't put you on ignore but I won't miss Ned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back