Game Day AFL Finals Week 1 game’s discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If you go through my posting history around the Stratton event, you'll find I thought both the stomp and the pinches deserved fines only. Zac Merrett just two days earlier pulled Nic Nats hair and only got a fine. I'm yet to see another player suspended for pushing another players head into the ground, so again I felt this was worthy of just a fine.

You went after my posts saying things like what horse s**t, Toby won't play again this year, he gouged him whilst completely dismissing my points about Bonts actions just a couple of weeks ago that left a guy with a fractured larynx even though there are very clear MRO guidelines about how Bonts actions should have been graded. Even after my view that Greene only deserved a fine was the actual outcome you throw out the 'Come in spinner' line like it is still ridiculous I feel this way. This is your typical MO.

The initial point of my argument was based around how guys like Sicily & Greene (and yes Stratton as well) pay the price for minor actions whilst the AFL favourites get a lot more leeway. But well done to yourself and Ned for the mocking and bullying. I can't put you on ignore but I won't miss Ned.
I called your post horseshit because you claimed that this sort of thing happens all the time in games amongst other things. It doesn’t.

I called your post horses**t because you claimed that this sort of thing happens all the time in games amongst other things. It doesn’t.
It was literally happening at the same time in the same clip but a doggies player doing it to a giant.

If you want to know the severity of an act, instead of looking at the punishment, do what I do and think "What would Sicily have copped?"

In this case and in the case of NicNat it would have been in the range of 12 weeks each, so a fine is probably about right.

It was literally happening at the same time in the same clip but a doggies player doing it to a giant.
Not even close to the same thing.

Dare you to post this on the Geelong board.
Don't.

It will only encourage them to go with "Colac boy comes home to replace Scott".

Secretly, in their heart of hearts they are dying for this to happen.

AFL got it wrong with Greene.
I'll donate $20 for the fine for any Lion who after he tackles someone grabs him by the hair and thumps his head into the deck.
Can we Kickstart this sort of thing? LOLOL.

AFL got it wrong with Greene.
I'll donate $20 for the fine for any Lion who after he tackles someone grabs him by the hair and thumps his head into the deck.
Can we Kickstart this sort of thing? LOLOL.

Not getting suspended for throwing someone into the fence is gold

I'd love to see Sicily pull someones hair and throw them into the fence in Round 1

And then in the post match interview say I've been carefully studying things I can do on a footy field that don't result in suspensions

My QC has already sent Michael Christian a video of comparable incidents that weren't suspended over previous seasons

As the AFL review all footage from games, these incidents were clearly deemed to be not suspension worthy

I strongly believe that it's bad to do things that are worthy of a suspension which is why I'm working hard to copy things that have been given a tick of approval from the AFL previously

The Nic Nat one is terrific really, when play had stopped he intentionally threw his opponent into the fence because he was angry and didn't get suspended

Rhys Stanley not very bright - said he knew at the last training run that he wasn’t going to be playing but hoped to be in the mix for this week

Nothing like calling your coach out as a liar

Rhys Stanley not very bright - said he knew at the last training run that he wasn’t going to be playing but hoped to be in the mix for this week

I say fair call his coach is a dead set moron, he probably can't even have a conversation with him he is so stubborn

I do enjoy that the AFL now finds swearing at the footy to be more worthy of a crackdown and expulsion from the game - but attacking the face of a prone player is apparently not grounds for a suspension.

The galling, utterly transparent favouritism for GWS and GC is only ever going to drive more fans away from the game in traditional markets than it will bring in through regions that give less than a fu** about the sport.
Watched 5 minute of footy on the weekend. Very unlike me.

Well if Geelong want to not take in a Ruck against Nic Nat then you'd almost have to accuse them of tanking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back