Game Day AFL Finals Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
compared to last week, it shows not much. And to add to his good fortune, Fages has come out and said it was the nose not the eyes of Neale that was troubling him. Very hard to see the suspension being upheld

Tomahawk on the other hand, I can see the AFL manning up and sticking the 1 week to him. I can also see them cowardly retreating and quickly buckling to allow him to play, but just wow. Tomahawk may get off for that incident, un f*n believable.
If the grub had a Hawthorn jumper on, I have no doubt he would’ve been suspended last week. Probably for more than just one week.
As it stood, he “miraculously” copped a fine - and therefore is guilty.
To go out and do the same thing again in the following week should incur him a spell .
I don’t give a s**t about the player code or coach code. The grub has gotta learn a lesson.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cheeky of the Cats to challenge in what in reality would normally be a 2 match suspension if we're being honest.
You’d be silly not to challenge. So long as they don’t risk a heavier sanction it’s worth a try. And if their QC is better than ours they’re in for a long shot. That said I really hope it fails.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If the grub had a Hawthorn jumper on, I have no doubt he would’ve been suspended last week. Probably for more than just one week.
As it stood, he “miraculously” copped a fine - and therefore is guilty.
To go out and do the same thing again in the following week should incur him a spell .
I don’t give a s**t about the player code or coach code. The grub has gotta learn a lesson.
but, at least from the evidence i've seen, this doesn't look as bad.

He does have to learn a lesson, but it's the AFL that was supposed to give him a suspension(a lesson) last week, to disincentivise the behavior in the future.

Pretty simple really. Toby scratches the face of Bont, gets a fine/slap on the wrist instead of a real punishment, proceeds to do the same thing.

AFL set the precedent last week that face scratching(at least in finals) is a fine not a suspension.

I'm not so sure that a hawk would've been suspended for the same thing. AFL is hellbent on keeping good players in the finals, unless you go so far over the mark like Hawkins where they can't save you. As long as what you do in the finals isn't REALLY bad, you'll get off.

Aug 4, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
but, at least from the evidence i've seen, this doesn't look as bad.

He does have to learn a lesson, but it's the AFL that was supposed to give him a suspension(a lesson) last week, to disincentivise the behavior in the future.

Pretty simple really. Toby scratches the face of Bont, gets a fine/slap on the wrist instead of a real punishment, proceeds to do the same thing.

AFL set the precedent last week that face scratching(at least in finals) is a fine not a suspension.

I'm not so sure that a hawk would've been suspended for the same thing. AFL is hellbent on keeping good players in the finals, unless you go so far over the mark like Hawkins where they can't save you. As long as what you do in the finals isn't REALLY bad, you'll get off.
Good players don’t need to scratch players faces. I understand what you’re saying , but I’m just calling it for what it is. I don’t want to see that action become the norm.

MatteeG

Team Captain
Jul 30, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Glenelg FC, KC Royals, NO Saints
Good players don’t need to scratch players faces. I understand what you’re saying , but I’m just calling it for what it is. I don’t want to see that action become the norm.

That's where the AFL has made it's own bed by suspending based on the outcome, not the action.

You've never been allowed to punch a bloke in the head- now if a bloke gets straight up it is deemed low impact you can get away with the fine. Hit a bloke with the same impact in the wrong spot or a glass jaw and you can be out for 4-6. It's rubbish.

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
Hawkins season over.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watch Greene's appeal be succesful now.
Well, it should be. There’s no evidence he interfered with Neale’s eyes or did anything impactful and Neale says he didn’t. It’s a rubbish decision made by former Collingwood players. The fact he should have been suspended the week before is now irrelevant

Another one bites the dust.
Greene's season over...by extension that's the Giants done.
I've formed the opposite view. Nothing surer than a GWS win on Saturday night. Giants are angry and will come out with an intensity we haven't seen from any team this year. Naturally they'll be spent for the GF though.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Conspiracy time;

The AFL planned for the media storm to circulate green by allowing gws to take it to court the second time.

The reason...there is going to be a massive lobsided free kick count in favor of GWS. Then when Eddie and collingwood and the wider AFL public act like gws is the AFL's love child they can turn around and say no no we suspended green.

Hope collingwood pumps them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back