Game Day AFL Finals - Week 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like most of football, there are tactical coaching decisions, etc, which can make all the difference but it was pure guts that separated Richmond. They out ran, out worked and were willing to give more for the victory. At the ground it was clear to me that outside of Tim Kelly there was not one Geelong player who clearly showed physical and playing dominance. Danger keep making small mistakes at critical chances. Ablett ran one way. Selwood was not able to affect the game despite throwing himself into it.

Meanwhile Richmond continually ran harder to outnumber the Cats at the contest. In one passage in the third quarter, Richmond outnumbered the Cats in the Tiger defence with a couple loose men and then 30 seconds later outnumbered the Cats by two loose players in the Richmond forward line to score an easy, uncontested goal. The Richmond players were simply willing to endure more pain and push themselves harder.

I found myself wonder how our squad of the last six games would have stood up against Richmond last night. I'm confident our boys would have given every ounce of their energy but I fear the defensive structures would have been overwhelmed. Richmond were just too willing to play hard, fast, high-risk football.

Every day of the week, carries him under the ball whilst pretending to spoil but he's nowhere near the ball.
I tend to agree.

But * Dangerfield anyway...

Really enjoying the Geelong board.

They were robbed by the umpires.
If Hawkins had played they would have won.

And they can’t believe that there’s a suggestion that (the braided flog) Miers staged (which of course he did when he collapsed like a sack of potatoes when Houli brushed passed him).

Gifted a goal to Danger for doing his best Bartel impersonation and the worst 50 of the year.

That 50 was one of the worst pieces of umpiring I've ever seen.

Razor whistled for a free kick but didn't actually even say who it was too. Houli legitimately thought he got the free for being pushed in the same contest (gets up straight away and runs back behind the mark) the tigers player throws the ball back to him and then Razor calls 50. That is unbelievable.

Are the players supposed to have just known it was going to Danger?

Like most of football, there are tactical coaching decisions, etc, which can make all the difference but it was pure guts that separated Richmond. They out ran, out worked and were willing to give more for the victory. At the ground it was clear to me that outside of Tim Kelly there was not one Geelong player who clearly showed physical and playing dominance. Danger keep making small mistakes at critical chances. Ablett ran one way. Selwood was not able to affect the game despite throwing himself into it.

Meanwhile Richmond continually ran harder to outnumber the Cats at the contest. In one passage in the third quarter, Richmond outnumbered the Cats in the Tiger defence with a couple loose men and then 30 seconds later outnumbered the Cats by two loose players in the Richmond forward line to score an easy, uncontested goal. The Richmond players were simply willing to endure more pain and push themselves harder.

I found myself wonder how our squad of the last six games would have stood up against Richmond last night. I'm confident our boys would have given every ounce of their energy but I fear the defensive structures would have been overwhelmed. Richmond were just too willing to play hard, fast, high-risk football.

They would have beaten us handily too.

Houli thinks he's been given the free because Razor didn't bother to confirm who the free was actually going to. He just called free kick. Houli gets up thinking he's got it and goes back on the mark. A Richmond player throws him the ball because they think he's been given the free and Razor calls 50.

If the clown bothered to confirm who actually got the free in the first place then no rubbish 50 would have been given.

Gifted a goal to Danger for doing his best Bartel impersonation and the worst 50 of the year.

Razor whistled for a free kick but didn't actually even say who it was too. Houli legitimately thought he got the free for being pushed in the same contest (gets up straight away and runs back behind the mark) the tigers player throws the ball back to him and then Razor calls 50. That is unbelievable.

That's the way I also saw it - definitely no 50 m penalty

Have to think this weather suits pies. Giants were woeful against us in the snow and they are missing 3 elite mids in Coniglio, Greene and Whitfield. Wet weather should nullify Cameron and suit Pies’ small forwards. Reckon Collingwood walk this one in unfortunately. Hard to know who to support next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s one of the reasons I can’t stand razor. He’s just an officious twat with no real feel for the game. Little big man syndrome writ large in this one.
The muppets at AFL house will no doubt come out and call it technically correct but in a final, given the closeness and context of the game, it was wrong for all the reasons you suggest (the 50m penalty I’m referring to although danger’s diving should also be looked at if you ask me).

View attachment 750161

This dumb campaigner earns two forms of taxpayer funded income. Let that sink in.
WTF has race / religion got to do with it. I’m by no means a supporter of the Muslim faith but or have an issue with it but it’s comments like these that is the problem with the world. Houli is an outstanding individual on and off the field and without him the Tigers were dead in the water in that first half. They would’ve been down by 40-50 and game over.

WTF has race / religion got to do with it. I’m by no means a supporter of the Muslim faith but or have an issue with it but it’s comments like these that is the problem with the world. Houli is an outstanding individual on and off the field and without him the Tigers were dead in the water in that first half. They would’ve been down by 40-50 and game over.

Not to mention he didn’t ******* run 30 metres to elbow someone in the throat. Latho makes it sound like he ran down the ramp at a WWE show to take someone out.

Also great comparison to a bloke who got done for attacking the faces of opponents with scratches two weeks in a row.

Good decision. Nothing in that. Miers was pretty soft going down trying to milk a free.
Miers needs to fines for staging. It’s crap like that which makes it hard for umpires to adjudicate the game properly. They need to stamp that s**t out of the game IMO.

It’s hard to barrack for opposition teams. Historically everyone has hated Collingwood. Personally I hate GWS with their entitled pretty boy list.

I never hated Richmond (I’m in my 40s so never seen them win anything).

Hatred for teams is developed through experience, loss, combat and competition. Hence the hatred for Geelong, Sydney and Essendon.

Most of the Richmond supporters I know personally are quirky but have suffered many years without winning anything...
You must have been hibernating in 2017. F#$k the Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back