News AFL Fixture Cards aren't produced anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
The AFL fixture on a piece of card isn't available anymore. After leaving a comment on this board on the weekend, and emailing the producers of the cards for the last few years, and asking at the AFL store and Rebel Sport, it doesn't seem like they produced anymore.

kdS5y5U.jpg

The AFL fixture which you use to obtain at your local lotto agent, fast food restaurant or other places isn't produced any more. I emailed the producers of the cards and have not received a reply back from them as yet. One of these was produced as a wrap around of a pen from KFC.

I would always have my AFL fixture on my desk so I could mark who I tipped on them, and to know which match I was going to next. I am going to produce an AFL fixture which can be printed on an A4 sheet of paper and have the details the AFL Fixtures did have, plus some they did not.

If anyone does see an AFL Fixture out there please write it down as a comment to this thread.

There's not much point producing them when the fixture is expected to have multiple changes at short notice due to COVID-19, and only the first 6 rounds are locked in as far as dates/times. I'm just glad the Footy Record is still around (this usually has a fixture page which is updated each week with results).

I hadn't even thought about one of these cards in a decade but they were ubiquitous at one point, up on 3/4 fridges in the country

The answer is yes they are still produced. I received one as part of my union. It is still produced by TPF Sport.

I received not information from TPF Sports on whether they were produced anymore. Not a message like Smith Real Estate and Yellow Car Dealers have got some, so go to them and being some business their way. Why companies don't get fixtures made with their business name on it? Because no one will inform us who has got them. In years gone by every business had AFL Fixtures made. They don't any more, so we have to find them.

Why do I still want an AFL Fixture when it seems like everyone else uses a fixture on the internet? Well I have the fixture in front of me on the desk. I put my footy tips down on it each week so I can see how I am going. I have fixtures from season past in my bookshelf where I can find who I went for in a match in Season 2006 Round 3. We aren't all on our computers all the time. I prefer to do my footy tips looking back on previous rounds results. The Fixture has been a useful tool for me over the years. I prefer my football tips are there at my figure tips, not on a website that only keeps the number you have correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back