Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
Cotchins comments today irked me the wrong way. I can understand he is in between a rock and a hard place but at the end of the day they have over 100K members, some of which are paying a membership without a job forking out money. We can't have this half assed s**t, sorry. I paid up during a time where my hours and pay were drastically reduced. Kind of expect the same commitment from players earning 300K plus a year.

Cotchins comments today irked me the wrong way. I can understand he is in between a rock and a hard place but at the end of the day they have over 100K members, some of which are paying a membership without a job forking out money. We can't have this half assed sh*t, sorry. I paid up during a time where my hours and pay were drastically reduced. Kind of expect the same commitment from players earning 300K plus a year.
What did he say?

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams

Spluff

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Cotchins comments today irked me the wrong way. I can understand he is in between a rock and a hard place but at the end of the day they have over 100K members, some of which are paying a membership without a job forking out money. We can't have this half assed sh*t, sorry. I paid up during a time where my hours and pay were drastically reduced. Kind of expect the same commitment from players earning 300K plus a year.

That's your choice to pay up. They have the choice to not want to be separated from their families, including pregnant wives and newborn children in some cases, and anyone suggesting otherwise needs to take a moment to get some perspective.

The season Is f’ed , and we just won two flags so everybody just go fu** yourselves :)
I know it’s tough on us supporters but I was saying to a mate the other day it’d be bloody tough for them to get themselves up more than any other team.

Grechy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
That's your choice to pay up. They have the choice to not want to be separated from their families, including pregnant wives and newborn children in some cases, and anyone suggesting otherwise needs to take a moment to get some perspective.

Excercise the choice. But don’t get paid. Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I know it’s tough on us supporters but I was saying to a mate the other day it’d be bloody tough for them to get themselves up more than any other team.
I maintain it’s a factor , I know some dont but when you hear the ruddy captain say it ,,,youve heard it first . We got an army 100,000 strong no one else comes close, and I’m sure the players take a lot of pride from that

Agreed. Most of us continue to pay the memberships to support the club but he is complaining about hubs.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty

yeah we have no idea what could be going on with players families, health of family members and what not. if any believe they need to stay home i couldn't give a s**t. why would they leave them during this season of all seasons. it's not like cotch was saying half the team might skip the hub, and tom scully said hawkforn may do the same with some players but of course no salty campaigners read that part

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Goodness me our club looks flat. No emotion around the club at all. Clearly they are exhausted from the 3 year run, with no crowd energy and adrenaline to feed off. It's all getting a bit hard.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Cotch JR and Bachar would be the 3 I’d be guessing would not want to leave their immediate families.
Not sure what their contractual obligations to the club/ competition are but couldn’t imagine our club forcing their hand

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
Cotch JR and Bachar would be the 3 I’d be guessing would not want to leave their immediate families.
Not sure what their contractual obligations to the club/ competition are but couldn’t imagine our club forcing their hand

All of them have made seriously good money while at Richmond.
You'd hope their willing to sacrifice some form of pay or salary if they wish to stay in Victoria for an extended period of time whilst the team goes interstate.

I'm sure if the players come to the party the club would be flexible in this unique circumstance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back