News AFL Fixture scramble as Richmond denied entry to QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Cotchins comments today irked me the wrong way. I can understand he is in between a rock and a hard place but at the end of the day they have over 100K members, some of which are paying a membership without a job forking out money. We can't have this half assed sh*t, sorry. I paid up during a time where my hours and pay were drastically reduced. Kind of expect the same commitment from players earning 300K plus a year.
It's just a game, i found during those 3 months that i didn't miss it, maybe some of the players discovered this as well.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
All of them have made seriously good money while at Richmond.
You'd hope their willing to sacrifice some form of pay or salary if they wish to stay in Victoria for an extended period of time whilst the team goes interstate.

I'm sure if the players come to the party the club would be flexible in this unique circumstance.
Let’s hope it never gets to the point where players and club are in legal dispute.

CholEstrol

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm obviously in the minority but I dont want to tank, play the kids, look at draft picks.
That's the kind of crap thinking that sent Carlton and Melbourne into the abyss for decades.
I want us to fight and fight and win. Yeah we're struggling with system, skills and energy, but we were only shots on goal away from jagging ugly wins against the Hawks and the Pies, and we copped a Butler inspired Saints that were super accurate.
This era has given us two flags and a Prelim, yet rusted on posters are folding like packs of cards because we're being challenged.

Lift you bunch of soft c**ks.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
It's just a game, i found during those 3 months that i didn't miss it, maybe some of the players discovered this as well.
You know I don’t think you’re alone there, I’m not sure how the tv ratings are, but I expect the AFLAre talking them up, but I know a lot of people who have switched off

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Thought this might happen a couple of months ago when hubs were first being raised and we had a few anti hub players making their views known.

Listening to the radio, reading posts, tiger mates etc I sense a fracturing amongst the supporter base and a loss of goodwill with the club and some players. Wouldn’t be surprised if a bit of division is occurring inside the club as well which is correlating with our on field performances.

Hope the club can manage this. It’s beginning to get a bit tricky.

Last edited:
Cotch literally answered a direct question honestly
He didn’t complain
He just said what he thought. Isn’t that what people ask for?

100% this.

a lot of oppo idiots on twitter and FB lashing out at him saying they don't give him sympathy etc.

pretty sure he couldn't give a flying s**t about anyone offering sympathy, nor is he after it, he just answered a questions he was asked.

that doesn't suit peoples agendas though!

zakazano

David Honybun clone
Sep 20, 2007
UK
AFL Club
Richmond
if a player takes personal leave, eg Rioli going back to the NT or Baker to WA for a funeral etc, they get paid. If a player was suspended for six weeks for king-hitting someone, he'd still get paid. Players will get paid if they don't go to the hub. We are talking about a few weeks here, not the rest of the season. They'll still train with the reserves, play scratch matches, just not leave their families due to X,Y,Z. It's not a downing tools and going on strike situation. We have the depth and right now after four games, there's not one player any of us could say has been so bloody good that we couldn't do without them. If it's one of the leaders - no idea who would be in these discussions but Cotch, Jack and Bachar were mentioned earlier - there is plenty they can do for the club off the field in that time, plus having them get more involved with the twos for a few weeks would be invaluable to those players.

It will happen and the club will pay them. We are a modern club with incredible empathy for people's individual situations. THAT IS HOW WE GOT WHERE WE ARE. A few weeks of ordinary form in a season completely disrupted does not change that.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Cotch literally answered a direct question honestly
He didn’t complain
He just said what he thought. Isn’t that what people ask for?
IMO he showed leadership by tackling a hard issue. Shedda and Bachar have wives expecting soon, and shouldn't expect those guys to be away at time.

Opposition supporters that bag Cotchin, should realise some of their players may be in a similar position.

Agreed. Most of us continue to pay the memberships to support the club but he is complaining about hubs.

Did you actually hear what he said? He didn’t complain. He said that some players might not go due to personal reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
IMO he showed leadership by tackling a hard issue. Shedda and Bachar have wives expecting soon, and shouldn't expect those guys to be away at time.

Opposition supporters that bag Cotchin, should realise some of their players may be in a similar position.

if Edwards and Houli don't relocate to a hub for those reasons then its a perfect opportunity for a couple of younger players

and the club comes up smelling like roses supporting current social values

and its sounding like the hubs will be in 3 week blocks , so it wont derail the season

Waca Jr

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm obviously in the minority but I dont want to tank, play the kids, look at draft picks.
That's the kind of crap thinking that sent Carlton and Melbourne into the abyss for decades.
I want us to fight and fight and win. Yeah we're struggling with system, skills and energy, but we were only shots on goal away from jagging ugly wins against the Hawks and the Pies, and we copped a Butler inspired Saints that were super accurate.
This era has given us two flags and a Prelim, yet rusted on posters are folding like packs of cards because we're being challenged.

Lift you bunch of soft c**ks.
Easier said then done. Hard to prepare when you don't know who or when or if you will be playing on a daily basis. Doesn't excuse the poor form, but understand it.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty

is hilarious people giving s**t to cotch for answering that question. just coz most footy players are wealthy doesn't mean theyre all in a position to leave home for a month. theres a whole range of issues that could be affecting their home life and its none of our business, if they wanna stay home then thats what we have a list of 44 players for. if certain teams have a whole list that is willing to go then whoop de doo congrats to them

you just know if their own teams captain had to stay home for some reason theyd all be supporting the decision but coz its richmond and cotchin theres hate everywhere

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
stuff queensland. we vics should stop holidaying there when covid is under control and stuff their economy.
that won't work... too many vics move to queensland hahha

also it won't work because of international tourism being the big $$ maker up there... but of course that ain't happening for now, but will come back big style post-pandemic

is hilarious people giving sh*t to cotch for answering that question. just coz most footy players are wealthy doesn't mean theyre all in a position to leave home for a month. theres a whole range of issues that could be affecting their home life and its none of our business, if they wanna stay home then thats what we have a list of 44 players for. if certain teams have a whole list that is willing to go then whoop de doo congrats to them

you just know if their own teams captain had to stay home for some reason theyd all be supporting the decision but coz its richmond and cotchin theres hate everywhere

All good,everything is calm when other teams win premierships,only took two Richmond flags for oppos to go troppo and even the AFL to change rulebooks.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back