News AFL Fixture scramble as Richmond denied entry to QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
How does McGowan let vic teams in with the spike in cases ? Given he refused to open the borders ? Politically it could be suicide, Vic club goes in 60000 supporters another outbreak he is dead in the water, Andrews allows returning overseas travellers doesn’t enforce testing of same travellers till today, outbreak in Victoria, what could possibly go wrong

I wonder how many cases would turn up in other states if they had the Victorian testing regime?

Classic, don’t actually blame it on yourselves for the high numbers, but because other states aren’t testing as much. You sound like Trump.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree, the season is a joke. But the players, club, etc are still getting paid a shitload of money to perform.

The question becomes how to measure performance??

Has the goal posts been moved??

Are we better off focusing on 2021 premiership so we should be getting games in the kids now to build us for ascending season in 2021 and premiership at the end of it?

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
1593395408697.png

Wow.
Unless the QLD & WA teams form a hub in NSW, Vic or NT or ??? I don't see how this season can continue.
And they'll need to stay in that hub for the remainder of the season.
Or. Teams FIFO for something like 5 games in 3 weeks then have a 2 week quarantine period?

May 22, 2014
Punt Rd to Goodison Park
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton
Nothing wrong with finishing bottom 6 in a mickey mouse year if you have won 2 of the last 3 flags.

That is providing the AFL still go with the weighted fixture for 2021 based on ladder positions in 2020 which i see no reason why they don't if they get 17 games in.

Imagine being the team who have won 2 flags in 4 years who then get the likes of Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne etc twice in 2021 after finishing bottom 6 in a compromised shortened qtrs, shortened season mickey mouse year.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 902442

Wow.
Unless the QLD & WA teams form a hub in NSW, Vic or NT or ??? I don't see how this season can continue.
And they'll need to stay in that hub for the remainder of the season.
Or. Teams FIFO for something like 5 games in 3 weeks then have a 2 week quarantine period?

It needs to continue so we can develop the kids for our 2021 premiership tilt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing wrong with finishing bottom 6 in a mickey mouse year if you have won 2 of the last 3 flags.

That is providing the AFL still go with the weighted fixture for 2021 based on ladder positions in 2020 which i see no reason why they don't if they get 17 games in.

Imagine being the team who have won 2 flags in 4 years who then get the likes of Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne etc twice in 2021 after finishing bottom 6 in a compromised shortened qtrs, shortened season mickey mouse year.

Agree, it is important to improvise and adapt.

We have an excuse to dip, no need for knee jerk reactions

I understand the need for some sort of season financially but they need to stop pretending it’s going to be fair dinkum.
For a start just bite the bullet.. no footy in Victoria this season at all anymore, just * it off.
Let it play out in other states and if players don’t want to go, sit the season out.
It’s so irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I understand the need for some sort of season financially but they need to stop pretending it’s going to be fair dinkum.
For a start just bite the bullet.. no footy in Victoria this season at all anymore, just fu** it off.
Let it play out in other states and if players don’t want to go, sit the season out.
It’s so irrelevant in the scheme of things.

It is relevant to build a membership base for 2021 club wise, so the development and prospects for 2021 is highly relevant

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Classic, don’t actually blame it on yourselves for the high numbers, but because other states aren’t testing as much. You sound like Trump.
OK, my first response seems to have been deleted.
Where did I absolve all the selfish dicks in Victoria?
Are other states testing as much as Victoria?
If they are then I'll stand corrected.

OK, my first response seems to have been deleted.
Where did I absolve all the selfish dicks in Victoria?
Are other states testing as much as Victoria?
If they are then I'll stand corrected.

I honestly don’t know how many tests any states are doing.

It is relevant to build a membership base for 2021 club wise, so the development and prospects for 2021 is highly relevant
Football is irrelevant.
That’s my point.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Football is irrelevant.
That’s my point.

football is not just about competition, its about entertainment and the business of remaining viable.

RFC still has to sell 2021 to the members and fans. Can't take things for granted nor the fans. Players are getting paid for a reason.

If the season gets cancelled how does RFC stay relevant for the next three seasons without the work of the 2020 season?

2020 is supposed to help us in 2021, 2022 and 2023. If 2020 gets cancelled that hinders us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back