AFL AFL Futures 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

You might be right, but if he cops more heat it's going to free up other guys around him to be more productive. Melksham, Petracca, Neal Bullen, Garlett, Hannan all have the ability to pick up some load.

Having one of the best lists in the league is the main reason I'm keen to back them. Motivation is just my personal opinion that it may help, could be wrong.

It wont free them up though. The loss of Hogan means that everyone has to take a step up, so the #4 forward is now the #3 etc. So if anything they will find things tougher, there definitely wont be any freeing up of the players having to step up though.

Its a premiership. Every club is 100% motivated to win it regardless of last years results

Going to have quite a large splurge on the Dees to make top 4 @ $2.15 (top). Hogan loss hurts a little but will free up McDonald and imo he's a better forward. With the addition of May and then Lever back mid season, they should have the best defence this year along with Richmond.
How does the loss of Hogan "free up " McDonald....will put more pressure on him to perform

Hard to go past the Pies and Tigers for me at the moment. The best team in the comp over the past 2 years adding a gun key forward and the Pies look to have significant improvement in them if they can have a half decent run with injuries + the inclusion of Beams obviously

Hard to go past the Pies and Tigers for me at the moment. The best team in the comp over the past 2 years adding a gun key forward and the Pies look to have significant improvement in them if they can have a half decent run with injuries + the inclusion of Beams obviously
Yeah those 2 plus the Crows for top 8. Crows have easy draw.
Also dont think Carlton will win as much as odds predicting. Wouldn't be suprised if Gold Coast did better.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You might be right, but if he cops more heat it's going to free up other guys around him to be more productive. Melksham, Petracca, Neal Bullen, Garlett, Hannan all have the ability to pick up some load.

Having one of the best lists in the league is the main reason I'm keen to back them. Motivation is just my personal opinion that it may help, could be wrong.

Lol - Garlett!?! Will spend most of the year in the VFL won't he? barely best 22 I would have thought - and if he is best 22 hard to argue they have one of the best lists in the league.

I guess they need to if they are going to be top 4 for the next decade or whatever it was ;)

Tigers weren't the best team last season

Lel - Yes they were - by panels. Just because they had a complete barry in one knockout final doesn't mean they weren't easily the best time all year.

Lol - Garlett!?! Will spend most of the year in the VFL won't he? barely best 22 I would have thought - and if he is best 22 hard to argue they have one of the best lists in the league.

I guess they need to if they are going to be top 4 for the next decade or whatever it was ;)
Calm down mate it's just an option

Rich lose a bit of depth, but pick up Lynch so should be a lock for top 4.

I'm very big on Coll this year as they pick up Beams and have significantly more depth with Wells, Reid, Elliott, Moore and a few others potentially back from injury. They are a lock for me.

WC won the flag without Gaff, Nic Nat and Shepherd. Big HGA. Should finish top 4 if they don't do a WB following an unexpected premiership win.

Melb clearly should get the 4th spot. Picked up May and KK who is talked up. Their backline has been a weakness so May now and Lever later will make a big impact.

While all teams are motivated to do well not all teams will have the belief that they can win the flag. I expect Melb to be hungry to take the next step.

Of course the top 4 looks set, but last year Coll and WC weren't expected to do anything so ladder projections can get thrown in the bin pretty quickly.

If I had Melb top 4 i'd be cashing out pretty quickly if McDonald got injured. Without Hogan they will be light on if McDonald gets injured. Interesting to see if they play Preuss. If they do Gawn might make an impact up forward.

Rich lose a bit of depth, but pick up Lynch so should be a lock for top 4.

I'm very big on Coll this year as they pick up Beams and have significantly more depth with Wells, Reid, Elliott, Moore and a few others potentially back from injury. They are a lock for me.

WC won the flag without Gaff, Nic Nat and Shepherd. Big HGA. Should finish top 4 if they don't do a WB following an unexpected premiership win.

Melb clearly should get the 4th spot. Picked up May and KK who is talked up. Their backline has been a weakness so May now and Lever later will make a big impact.

While all teams are motivated to do well not all teams will have the belief that they can win the flag. I expect Melb to be hungry to take the next step.

Of course the top 4 looks set, but last year Coll and WC weren't expected to do anything so ladder projections can get thrown in the bin pretty quickly.

If I had Melb top 4 i'd be cashing out pretty quickly if McDonald got injured. Without Hogan they will be light on if McDonald gets injured. Interesting to see if they play Preuss. If they do Gawn might make an impact up forward.

Clearly set for 4th and absolute locks but if one player gets injured the whole thing goes down the toilet? Mookie plz!

Wondering if some of you grew up in Somalia given how high you are rating this 'hunger' factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly set for 4th and absolute locks but if one player gets injured the whole thing goes down the toilet? Mookie plz!

Wondering if some of you grew up in Somalia given how high you are rating this 'hunger' factor
I said Rich and Coll are locks for me. WC based on talent, upside and HGA. I like Melb for top 4, but they'll be light in the forward line with if McDonald goes down.

I said Rich and Coll are locks for me. WC based on talent, upside and HGA. I like Melb for top 4, but they'll be light in the forward line with if McDonald goes down.

Apologies you didn't say they were locks - just that the top 4 was set.

Apologies you didn't say they were locks - just that the top 4 was set.
To me it looks like the top 4 is set with Ess and Ade also likely to have good seasons. Given the ladder projections for 2018 were so horribly wrong on some teams i'll be open to changing my opinion pretty quickly though.

Seems like this year the better teams scored with Rich picking up Lynch, Coll Beams (plus injured players), WC get Shepherd, Gaff and potentially Nic Nat to their premiership team, Hawks Scully and Wingard (although loss of Titchell will hurt), Ess (Shiel) and Ade with heaps of quality back in and Melb probably even (get May lose Hogan) and reliant on player upside.

GWS, Geel and Syd likely to go backwards and the weak teams unlikely to make to bigger improvements. Can't really see a side to be a massive bolter this year - perhaps Bris or NM picked up Hall, Tyson and Polec which makes their midfield super deep.

Thinking Brownlow place: Cripps at 3.00 is pretty good.
Am i right in saying that this pre season bet wouldn't have the cash out option unlike if same bet placed once season starts?
Would be better to wait perhaps also after the Blues get annihilated by Tiges in round 1. Like the theory a few posts back about Melbourne and betting against the trend.

I can't justify leaving a bet out for so long to win either a relatively small amount of money, or on something with such long odds it would never get up anyway, epscially when AFLW either team under 15.5 points pays 1.77 and got up in 4 games last week.

I can't justify leaving a bet out for so long to win either a relatively small amount of money, or on something with such long odds it would never get up anyway, epscially when AFLW either team under 15.5 points pays 1.77 and got up in 4 games last week.
Well it is an AFL futures thread...

Thinking Brownlow place: Cripps at 3.00 is pretty good.
Am i right in saying that this pre season bet wouldn't have the cash out option unlike if same bet placed once season starts?
Would be better to wait perhaps also after the Blues get annihilated by Tiges in round 1. Like the theory a few posts back about Melbourne and betting against the trend.

It should have a little cash out symbol next to the market somewhere if its available

Remove this Banner Ad

Back