Remove this Banner Ad

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
About time a thread was made, just over a month left to go before Round one. There are quite a few futures markets up across the books now.
Some early plays for me:

1.5U Bris Premiers $10 BF
3U Bris Top 4, Geel Top 8, Melb Top 8, Rich Top 8 $3.52 SB
1.5U Lynch Coleman $9 BF
3U GWS U9.5 Season Wins $1.80 PB
5U Hawks U7.5 Season Wins $1.88 PB

Please try and refrain from any Brownlow bets, keep that as a separate thread. Good luck to all this season.

About time a thread was made, just over a month left to go before Round one. There are quite a few futures markets up across the books now.
Some early plays for me:

1.5U Bris Premiers $10 BF
3U Bris Top 4, Geel Top 8, Melb Top 8, Rich Top 8 $3.52 SB
1.5U Lynch Coleman $9 BF
3U GWS U9.5 Season Wins $1.80 PB
5U Hawks U7.5 Season Wins $1.88 PB

Please try and refrain from any Brownlow bets, keep that as a separate thread. Good luck to all this season.
Careful on Lynch, he's missed a lot of the preseason with a plantar foot issue, is not in full training with the group yet, been in rehab.

TRAINS ARE NEARLY BACK BOYS!
giphy.gif

The unders for Hawthorn wins looks like excellent value.

The departures of Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O’Meara, Jack Gunston, Ben McEvoy, Liam Shiels and Kyle Hartigan total 1181 games of experience out the door

I will be surprised if they reach four wins, let alone eight.

As for the trains, let's be real, sportsbet are not going to give us any value, are they?

Back in 2021 you could get 100-1 for 3 goals for some players, then they cut that, maxxed it at 34-1 for three.

By the end of last year iirc you couldn't get better than 34-1 for five goals for anybody who was even a chance of kicking a bag.

Maybe topsport and pointsbet might still offer some value, we can only hope so.

But the glory days of train rides to Cashville may be behind us.

good luck Topsport offering anything generous, their one way markets will be horrendous if the past 6 months is anything to go by.

Yeah Topsport were the it girl of 2021, but really fell off a cliff last year... Barely ended up using them at all. With Sportsbet capping their odds and then removing the markets for fringe players scoring more than 2+ goals (destroying the SGM trick in the process) I found myself almost exclusively using Pointsbet toward the end of last season.

Careful on Lynch, he's missed a lot of the preseason with a plantar foot issue, is not in full training with the group yet, been in rehab.
Plus he'll have Taranto shanking inside 50's at his boot laces all season, so his hammy's will get a solid test out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iitc the post clip was when he was already on four, and I was jaw-on-the-floor wondering, why, why?

Then he made up for it not too long afterward, it was a rollercoaster, I was emotionally spent.
8mins 52s into the video. Hits the post.

Yes youre correct.

Nails his 5th after that.

Nick Daicos

Dylan Moore today said that Cam McKenzie will be a star so might throw some loose change on him @ 23s
Going back prior to that though probably only Sam Walsh landed from this list:
Luke Jackson
Caleb Serong
Sam Walsh
Jaidyn Stephenson
Andrew McGrath
Callum Mills
Jesse Hogan

Going back prior to that though probably only Sam Walsh landed from this list:
Luke Jackson
Caleb Serong
Sam Walsh
Jaidyn Stephenson
Andrew McGrath
Callum Mills
Jesse Hogan
Ashcroft is as highly regarded as Walsh & Daicos were and is walking straight into a top 4 team and from all reports going to play good midfield minutes.
He dominated his VFL games last year, something these others never played.

He is priced fairly.

Better to wait during the season if wanting to play any long shots as its a slow moving market and better to see these others actually play first

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back