AFL AFL Futures 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Ashcroft done enough to win RS assuming he has done an ACL ????

If Ashcroft doesn’t play again this season I’d be leaning towards Amiss. Reckon Sheez has really quietened down in the second half of the season. All great players so it’s no slight on whoever else finishes in the top 3 (Owens too).

If Ashcroft doesn’t play again this season I’d be leaning towards Amiss. Reckon Sheez has really quietened down in the second half of the season. All great players so it’s no slight on whoever else finishes in the top 3 (Owens too).
Can't see Amiss leap frogging Owens who is the key position media darling.

Door is open now for Sheezel or Owens to finish strongly (Amiss too)

Very hard to say but think Ashcroft is slight dog now to win.

Only player to win it missing more than 4 matches was Holland in 1995

Last edited:

yeah weird that they wouldn't take into account doing an ACL when playing so well for the majority of the season. Why should that count against him? was on the up and up as well. RS voting is shady as * tho

Think Ashcroft still gets it, played 18/23 possible games. If they are consistent with how they d*** ride players who play for better clubs for individual awards like the AA team then this shouldn't be any different, a centre bounce midfielder in a top 3 team vs HBF in a bottom 2 team with endless supply. Sheezel would probably win in most other years but hopefully they reward Ashcroft. Freo have a really tough run home bar West Coast and Owens most people have as the 3rd and would need a massive 5 weeks.

There is a reasonable chance Sheezel comes home strong, all the ball down back goes through him now with Ziebell and Hall out the side. St.kilda give up marks to defenders so a big game is likely coming today.

Think Ashcroft still gets it, played 18/23 possible games. If they are consistent with how they d*** ride players who play for better clubs for individual awards like the AA team then this shouldn't be any different, a centre bounce midfielder in a top 3 team vs HBF in a bottom 2 team with endless supply. Sheezel would probably win in most other years but hopefully they reward Ashcroft. Freo have a really tough run home bar West Coast and Owens most people have as the 3rd and would need a massive 5 weeks.

There is a reasonable chance Sheezel comes home strong, all the ball down back goes through him now with Ziebell and Hall out the side. St.kilda give up marks to defenders so a big game is likely coming today.
Cheezel also gets the Eagles next week too, which should further helps his chances.

Will be interesting.

Votes for Rising Star aren't given week-to-week like Brownlow votes, so missing games isn't as bad. I am hoping Ashcroft has done/shown enough to still win it.

All RS nominees are assessed and voted on at the end of the home and away season. I think it's a 5, 4. 3. 2. 1 voting system. His highlight reel is pretty special. I still have him winning Goal of the Year too.

He was $1.50 before the round so its not like he had it sewn up completely, very much alive if any of the others play well in what is 6 games for each of them.
Probably moreso Owens if he can help the Saints get into finals with some good games

awards are littered with bad winners though look at NBA with Embiid this year ppl got sucked into recency bias coz he had a few strong weeks late when Denver decided to coast home, same with Westbrook vs Harden 4 years ago... different sport yes but these "judges" have no clue often:( you'd think Ashcroft has shown he is clearly the best in 18 games and maybe they give it to him almost out of sympathy and as a reward for his efforts.. 5 meaningless games Sheezel plays over him shouldn't matter especially as he's just racking up mostly cheap touches down back...but some judges will change to him ughhh

Montagna is a great analysist and he has it right on the money but whether enough judges have his brain is questionable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaa that was the biggest scam ever did King even get in trouble there or get the money taken off him... Sheezels season is nowhere near as impactful as Daicos, its not just because he is at North.. Ashcroft showed what he could do (albeit vs eagles) when he was thrown into a leading role in the middle.. he should definately get extra points for holding down a spot and playing so well in a top 4 team

hahaa that was the biggest scam ever did King even get in trouble there or get the money taken off him... Sheezels season is nowhere near as impactful as Daicos, its not just because he is at North.. Ashcroft showed what he could do (albeit vs eagles) when he was thrown into a leading role in the middle.. he should definately get extra points for holding down a spot and playing so well in a top 4 team
nothing happened, not sure he actually swayed the result but he knew 100% Taylor was going to win it.

He is dodgy as hell and given his non stop access to Champ Data he shouldn't even be allowed to bet but still does

Still a massive underrating of sheezels year going on here

Daicos played a similar role to sheezel last year and won in a land slide

Is it because sheezel plays for north or what?

Yeah the Sheez well out in front for me even before the Ashcroft injury. Set such a high bar for himself in the first month that got marked way too harshly for a couple of OK games. He is going at 26.5 and is silk

But yeah ain't nobody tuning in for North games unless they have to which will be the reason he loses

Did you watch Sheezel v Sydney? He did the exact same. 25 & 2 with 8 score involvements playing a rotating mid role, no kick ins.

He averages more contested possessions than Daicos did last year.

Sheezel farmed 8 disposals from kick ins. Very annoying stat padding.

Sheezel averages a whopping 1.6 extra disposals a game from kick ins…he got 4 yesterday. If he presents a get out target and is used as the exit player that’s surely a positive on him.

Daicos averaged 2.1 last year, and obviously no stat recorded for getting the ball back from a kick in for a 1-2 or being the receiver from a kick in (which is where the 8 is coming from I’m assuming). Of course though it doesn’t seem to matter when Daicos does it. He’s still the Coaches Votes leader (which he was before he went into the midfield permanently) and Brownlow favourite (again, he was before he went into the midfield).

He’s up to 2.8 this year…

Look, Sheezel isn’t Daicos, but people trying to talk Sheezel down as no impact, easy role, and kick in stats padder are the epitome of repeating media bleaters. Do I blame you for not tuning in intently to North games? No. Does it mean you’re clueless about them? Yes.

D
If it's just wins then why would they not just do:

Team wins 9+: Yes - $1.90 / No - $1.90

Also:

View attachment 1614329

I believe I've placed a bet and may be about to get rogered.
Exactly, These bet types should be shown as number of wins over and under. Other sports have extra time so there's no possibility of draws. The people who took Carlton over 13.5 Wins may very well get burnt, Sportsbet haven't got anything written in their rules on these bets if it lands on the mark, The dogs will do whatever they want.

I contacted SB on live chat and asked for confirmation regarding team total season wins and if a draw was classed as half a win, The only answer I got was if both Over and Under selections were wrong both would be losing bets and there would be no dead heat rule. So kitty to SB if it hits the mark. F**kin wrong

I contacted SB on live chat and asked for confirmation regarding team total season wins and if a draw was classed as half a win, The only answer I got was if both Over and Under selections were wrong both would be losing bets and there would be no dead heat rule. So kitty to SB if it hits the mark. F**kin wrong
Yeah, it's just a deceitful trick that they use to increase their average profit each year.

If there are 3 teams a year on average who draw, with the accuracy of their projections, they probably get almost a team every year where every single bet they had placed on them, they get to keep all the money.

Maybe try contacting that Richard Irvine bloke on Twitter if your bet ends up losing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back