kaiserchief13

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Out to $4.50 now. Already lost a bit of coin. Time to cash out? Gonna be hard to overtake Port with their percentage.

Port playing Cats on Friday night (2 days extra break) after the Cats play tonight as well.
Then Port have the Hawks.

Then just 4 games to go.
3.75 now. Probably will cash out after this weekend which expect WC to win and am hopeful Port and/or Brisbane lose. Will cash out after this weekend either way

BuddysBiggestFan

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Noah Anderson into $5 from $15 with SB for RS. Should get votes from yesterdays game. Rankine looked tired and was very ordinary.

If Rankine gets rested this Friday I think the award is anyone’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burge13

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rankine out to $3 with Serong.
I genuinely don't understand what Rankine has done to be favourite, or considered a lock by some

First 2 games were good but then what? Compare to Anderson who's played every game, had 4 good games and doesn't look tired already.
Serong has had 3 games no worse than Rankines
Gee even Taylor from North hasn't done less than Rankine...

Rankine has the highest ceiling of everyone I listed. I'm not doubting that, but that isn't the award. He's done very little in actuality

burge13

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its voted for, thats the hurdle is gauging what media like. They wont vote for a guy who only played 5 games. Hes clearly the #1 talent, though that isnt necessarily the award

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
What is the criteria then? Couldn’t find bugger all.
I'd imagine consistency and number of games played is part of it, which is why someone like Rowell is now $34 to win as there's no sample size and he hasn't played a lot of games. He's still a gun and would have won if he wasn't injured, but the award doesn't go to people who only played 30% of the season.

burge13

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
What is the criteria then? Couldn’t find bugger all.
It's voted for by media. I don't think there's set criteria but it's a popularity contest amongst whoever is on the panel

Which really does play to Rankine's favour I guess despite him having done little in actuality. I'd say Anderson deserves it so far but there's still games to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sausage Legs

All Australian
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Rankin gunna get grilled by Dunstall sundy nite for that dribbler. Hard to see him winning it even with the hype.
Max King I guess will battle against Witherden this week.
Anderson stinking a bit tonite.
If I was having a bet this week I'd be on Caleb Serong, good game sees him shorten and reckon could be the man.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I genuinely don't understand what Rankine has done to be favourite, or considered a lock by some

First 2 games were good but then what? Compare to Anderson who's played every game, had 4 good games and doesn't look tired already.
Serong has had 3 games no worse than Rankines
Gee even Taylor from North hasn't done less than Rankine...

Rankine has the highest ceiling of everyone I listed. I'm not doubting that, but that isn't the award. He's done very little in actuality
I was just thinking this. He has lost a bit of sparkle since his shot for goal shenanigans near the end of the game a couple of weeks ago then has been very quiet since. Kicked a few freaky goals sure, but he's now getting the best defender of small forwards. Few criticisms about a lack of team football creeping in. I think he'll need to improve from here to win it although the AFL probably would like a GC winner.

GROTTO

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GABBA to host GF.

Still anything can happen this year. If anyone placed a bet on the GABBA, Im curious if they have paid out?

Top Bottom