AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

yeh, would really love to know what sort of rights i have In this situation, knowing the bookies they have got their asses covered on all bases. But in this scenario I really should have these bets voided. Just the fact that the season has been cut by 5 games changes the event that I was betting on. Just goes to show how corrupt these greedy campaigners are.
You make a good point about withdrawing all funds, ive liquidated all my funds.
Edit: If there are any law experts lurking feel free to PM me ;)

Sorry of course youre right I forgot. I had a few other things on my mind. :drunk:

Yes the season has changed since the time you had placed your future bet by being reduced to 17 games.

I guess the bigger issue is if you want to draw scrutiny to yourself from the book by taking it further, in the end they may just give you your refund but ban you.

I would personally try to resolve it locally. Actually call them up if you can, if they still persist escalate it and ask speak to their supervisor. I dont know what the T&C are for those bets, but thats whats worth exploring as well. To see if they have covered their arses.

Sorry of course youre right I forgot. I had a few other things on my mind. :drunk:

Yes the season has changed since the time you had placed your future bet by being reduced to 17 games.

I guess the bigger issue is if you want to draw scrutiny to yourself from the book by taking it further, in the end they may just give you your refund but ban you.

I would personally try to resolve it locally. Actually call them up if you can, if they still persist escalate it and ask speak to their supervisor. I dont know what the T&C are for those bets, but thats whats worth exploring as well. To see if they have covered their arses.

1.16.1 Unexpected events and other changes

If an event(s) occurs beyond the reasonable control of Sportsbet such as an epidemic, pandemic, flood, fire, earthquake, element of nature or act of God, act of war, terrorism, riot, rebellion, strike, blockade, labour disruption or other cause, that materially impact any sporting, racing or other event (or a series of events or races in a season) which is the subject of a contingency or outcome of a market offered by Sportsbet, Sportsbet may (acting in good faith) exercise its discretion to void, cancel, restrict or otherwise alter or adjust the payout (in whole or in part) of the affected wager(s) placed on the relevant market (including, without limitation, retrospectively take any of the actions contemplated above once a bet has been struck and before or after it has resulted). For the avoidance of doubt, an “impact” on any sporting, racing or other event includes, without limitation:

- any reduction in the number of games, matches or race meetings in a season;

- any material change in the length of a game or match or when the matches are played or races are run;

- a material change to the format or rules of the relevant event(s), series, competition or race(s) as determined by the relevant sports or racing body; or

- a change in the location of any match, game, race or event.

16.16.2 Manifest changes to events declared by racing or sporting codes

Where a sporting or racing body announces or declares that a fundamental or manifest change to the structure of a competition, event or race (including, but not limited to, the number of players in match, matches or races in season or the time, location or date of the event or race), all bets on the affected market(s) will either be voided or allowed to stand for that market. All affected bets (including legs of MultiBets) which rely on a number or series of matches or games occurring within a season which are cancelled, will be recalculated accordingly.

Cliffs:
I & everyone else with AFL futures bets with SB cant do anything about it... These guys are ******* scumbags lol they really are

1.16.1 Unexpected events and other changes

If an event(s) occurs beyond the reasonable control of Sportsbet such as an epidemic, pandemic, flood, fire, earthquake, element of nature or act of God, act of war, terrorism, riot, rebellion, strike, blockade, labour disruption or other cause, that materially impact any sporting, racing or other event (or a series of events or races in a season) which is the subject of a contingency or outcome of a market offered by Sportsbet, Sportsbet may (acting in good faith) exercise its discretion to void, cancel, restrict or otherwise alter or adjust the payout (in whole or in part) of the affected wager(s) placed on the relevant market (including, without limitation, retrospectively take any of the actions contemplated above once a bet has been struck and before or after it has resulted). For the avoidance of doubt, an “impact” on any sporting, racing or other event includes, without limitation:

- any reduction in the number of games, matches or race meetings in a season;

- any material change in the length of a game or match or when the matches are played or races are run;

- a material change to the format or rules of the relevant event(s), series, competition or race(s) as determined by the relevant sports or racing body; or

- a change in the location of any match, game, race or event.

16.16.2 Manifest changes to events declared by racing or sporting codes

Where a sporting or racing body announces or declares that a fundamental or manifest change to the structure of a competition, event or race (including, but not limited to, the number of players in match, matches or races in season or the time, location or date of the event or race), all bets on the affected market(s) will either be voided or allowed to stand for that market. All affected bets (including legs of MultiBets) which rely on a number or series of matches or games occurring within a season which are cancelled, will be recalculated accordingly.

Cliffs:
I & everyone else with AFL futures bets with SB cant do anything about it... These guys are ******* scumbags lol they really are

Its interesting even despite with these rules that almost gives them carde blanche, they did change the wording of one of their markets a few years back when a NRL team won the spoon due to some dodgy s**t, I cant remember even though they won a lot of games and more than bottom place, the NRL gave them last place as a penalty, basically the wooden spoon. IIRC.

They dont have Wooden Spoon winner or coming last as a bet which they use to, but rather Least Number of Wins.

BetEasy T&C:

b. Postponed/Re-arranged Matches
If a match is postponed and rescheduled to take place within 24 hours of the original start time, all bets on that match shall stand.
If an AFL match is Abandoned or Postponed and not played within 24hrs of the scheduled start time, all bets will be voided and multi bets will be recalculated excluding the odds from the affected match.
External factors which result in no further play (Abandoned) will be deemed a no result and all bets voided except those which had been concluded/decided to that point of the match.

They have a futures subsection but it mentions nothing relevant. This one seems very cloudy, could probably call up and get said bets voided but I don't really want to because I got good odds on the bet :p
edit: hope this information has helped others going through the same deal

BetEasy T&C:

b. Postponed/Re-arranged Matches
If a match is postponed and rescheduled to take place within 24 hours of the original start time, all bets on that match shall stand.
If an AFL match is Abandoned or Postponed and not played within 24hrs of the scheduled start time, all bets will be voided and multi bets will be recalculated excluding the odds from the affected match.
External factors which result in no further play (Abandoned) will be deemed a no result and all bets voided except those which had been concluded/decided to that point of the match.

They have a futures subsection but it mentions nothing relevant. This one seems very cloudy, could probably call up and get said bets voided but I don't really want to because I got good odds on the bet :p
edit: hope this information has helped others going through the same deal

Just check also their general rules, because some books have these followed by specific game rules. :drunk:

Covering their arse twice with toilet paper, very appropriate too.

If you bet futures on a 22 game season, they should have been void when it changed to 17. This will turn into the 40+ disposal saga again with them keeping bets until they win. Then it "was an error so we void it"...

Scumbags indeed but punters rightly won the 40+. Youll eventually win this also

The other BIG problem I have with the betting agencies not voiding futures bets is that post-poning the season gives players that were on the injury list the chance to play more games of the season than they otherwise would have.
This affects pretty much every single futures market I can think of.
E.g. I had a futures bet on the Coleman Medal, now that market factored in that Lance Franklin was injuried and would miss the start of the season, now that market needs to be completely re-adjusted to account for this.
This is an absolute disgrace.

My guess...bet365 will do the right thing by it's customers and Sportsbet will be campaigners.

We shall see.

My guess...bet365 will do the right thing by it's customers and Sportsbet will be campaigners.

We shall see.
yeah we all wanna be Samuel L Jackson but even he can't save the fact bet365 are campaigners like the rest of them.

gettyimages-105905391-1-1566487578.jpg

no where near as campaignery to me like sportsbet... not even close
yeh ive found B365 to be the best bookie, was able to profit a lot before getting limited on specific markets. SB are definite campaigners but they do have good odds. Worst bookies for me are Pointsbet & Beteasy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone else been affected (positively or negatively) by Betfair resettling their AFLW premiership market within the past 24 hours?

I've been negatively affected and I've had funds deducted from my account overnight. I'd traded in the market during the season, which included back and lay bets on the four teams who were still alive at the time the season got called off, as well as back and lay bets on the other teams who were no longer in the running to win the premiership.

Within a couple of hours of the season officially being called void, all my back and lay bets on teams who were still alive had been voided. All of my back and lay bets had been settled on every other team who were no longer alive. I contacted BF at the time and they confirmed that all bets on the premiership market placed on teams who were unable to win the premiership at the time of the season being cancelled will stand, while premiership bets on the remaining bets will be voided.

Unfortunately for me, that decision has been overturned. All bets on that market have now been voided. :(

In terms of footy.
Worst: Pointsbet, Lads, Bbet, Beteasy. All have poor odds and limited markets. Promo banned almost straight away by PB and Lads.
Best: Elite, SB, B365. Last 2 have excellent range of markets. Elite good boosts and promos. TAB has its moments.
View attachment 865025

There's only one place to bet: Betfair.

All the others are just scumbags.

They don't deserve any patronage.

If everyone just bet on Betfair their markets would be saturated and everyone could get all the bets on that they wanted.

You can ask them to add markets too, so for fantasy stuff that isn't there now, it could be added in the event there was a demand for it.

Anyone who bets on one of the bookmaker sites runs the risk of funding them and their unscrupulous business practices in the event they're not profitable on that particular site.

Last edited:

If everyone just bet on Betfair their markets would be saturated and everyone could get all the bets on that they wanted.

You can ask them to add markets too, so for fantasy stuff that isn't there now, it could be added in the event there was a demand for it.

Anyone who bets on one of the bookmaker sites runs the risk of funding their unscrupulous business practices in the event they're not profitable on that particular site.
I know what you are saying. But sometimes you get really juicy prop markets at corporates that you would never get at Betfair (goalscorers the standout one)
Top sport $2 lines is pretty good too u less you are a heavy high-roller, which some here would be

Anyone who bets on one of the bookmaker sites runs the risk of funding them and their unscrupulous business practices in the event they're not profitable on that particular site.

The liquidity on what should be obvious and fully liquid AFL futures markets (Top 4, Top 8, Minor Premier, Least wins) on Betfair is absolutely atrocious the whole way through the season.

The liquidity on what should be obvious and fully liquid AFL futures markets (Top 4, Top 8, Minor Premier, Least wins) on Betfair is absolutely atrocious the whole way through the season.
True, although sometimes Bots that have predetermined odds will often match your requested bet.

With one of the AFL hubs being based in Gold Coast consisting of : Suns, Brisbane, WCE, Freo, Port Adelaide , Adelaide. You would think if those teams played each other in a hub, there might be a bit of value in snapping up one of those teams possibly to make the 8. WCE, Brisbane are probably the strongest two sides in that lot of 6, but there might be a good speculative bet for one of those other teams to make the Finals.

Well with a global pandemic and compromised season ensuring I though why not look into the crystal ball for some psychological tipstering?

As I thought round 1 performances from the top 4 teams were very good (I have Rich, WC, GWS and Coll) as clear top 4. Given the uncertainty there is limited opportunities to work into the season for the better teams. I'm expecting with a limited season that the better teams with fantastic leadership are better off navigating the uncertainty than younger teams who potentially might have been a bit less disciplined (clubs normally have a huge amount of structure).

I'll put a line through WC as they are playing at the GC hub. Rich might rest on their laurels like their first flag given the drama. For me that leaves Coll with the premiership window closing and GWS with all their talent back and smarting from last years GF debacle. For a roughie Clarko's masterful in these situations and they were fantastic back half last year and round 1 vs Bris.

Their were some fantastic lines for round 2 prior to season launch. PA even money vs Ade, Hawks -2.5 vs Freo and GWS -5.5 vs Melb - hopefully lines don't blow out too much from here. Port are clearly better than Ade and will get Dixon back. GWS will have plenty of motivation 1st time back to the G after being humiliated and I rate Hawks very highly and should have clear midfield advantage over Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back