AFL Futures

Remove this Banner Ad

A few issues, depends if crowds can attend and the biggest capacity stadium available at the time. Marvel (MCG preferred), SCG (ANZ preferred) and that sh*t hole in Geelong are no chance.

AFL will leave the decision as late as possible so that the MCG can host it.
Based on info we have now it has to be Optus or Adelaide Oval due to no cases...
Then our timezone suits much more than Perths does. Makes too much sense for us to have it so shows what the AFL really think of us to be considered $21 outsiders for it :tearsofjoy:

Based on info we have now it has to be Optus or Adelaide Oval due to no cases...
Then our timezone suits much more than Perths does. Makes too much sense for us to have it so shows what the AFL really think of us to be considered $21 outsiders for it :tearsofjoy:
21 for Adelaide is good value

What's a better grand final stadium? The gabba or whatever the new one in perth is called? think it'll be between those two

What's a better grand final stadium? The gabba or whatever the new one in perth is called? think it'll be between those two

Surely Perth would be the premier non-Melbourne AFL venue these days?

ANZ stadium is utter trash - would rather have it at Metricon.

Having been to AFL games at ANZ stadium , ( finals included) it is not a great ground for viewing AFL that I 100% agree on. In fact I’d say that all the stadiums in NSW are not that good for viewing AFL. Perth Stadium in my opinion is far superior for the spectator . The food quality and service at Perth is better as well Compared to Sydney.

Having been to AFL games at ANZ stadium , ( finals included) it is not a great ground for viewing AFL that I 100% agree on. In fact I’d say that all the stadiums in NSW are not that good for viewing AFL. Perth Stadium in my opinion is far superior for the spectator . The food quality and service at Perth is better as well Compared to Sydney.

SCG is great for viewing - but is obviously too small both in stadium size and ground dimension.

They could just get the players to quarantine for 14 days, like having a bye week before the grand final, then still play the game at the MCG.

No chance, you'd lose all the build up and momentum of the finals series if you had a two week break in between the prelims and grand final. 2019 Champions league final is a good example of this.

No chance, you'd lose all the build up and momentum of the finals series if you had a two week break in between the prelims and grand final. 2019 Champions league final is a good example of this.

Works for the NFL

The talk today on Sydney Morning Herald, is the NRL is prepared to move to QLD if the escalation in Covid cases rises. Campbelltown and Liverpool , suburbs in Sydney have recorded increased in cases. just noticed the odds drift on ANZ stadium as well from $1.90 to $2.10 this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow what things a day can make. Brisbane is now favourite to host the AFL GF after the news that all Vic clubs have to relocate to QLD.

View attachment 912694

I think Caro was off her rocker to suggest ANZ Stadium in the first place. There were Covid cases popping up in NSW even before she said it.

Is anyone putting money on this market? I'm reluctant to do it simply because it depends heavily on containing the pandemic. Say you put money on the Gabba to host the GF but then infected people cross the border and you've got multiple outbreaks in Qld. Your bet goes from being good value to having no value.

Best to just see how he's playing and put something on mid-game if he's kicked a few aaaaaand cash out!

Maybe, but I often seem to get on too late and find the player has come into 21-1 or whatever.

He kicked five against North's seconds. What does that translate to versus a real team? 0.1 and two OOBF?

I think Caro was off her rocker to suggest ANZ Stadium in the first place. There were Covid cases popping up in NSW even before she said it.

Is anyone putting money on this market? I'm reluctant to do it simply because it depends heavily on containing the pandemic. Say you put money on the Gabba to host the GF but then infected people cross the border and you've got multiple outbreaks in Qld. Your bet goes from being good value to having no value.
Honestly think MCG the way to go. Vics will have it under control again by the end of lockdowns and its MCGs until the very last minute

Meanwhile as soon as borders open in other states theyre likely to have cases pop up. Perth/brisbane/adelaide are probably just delaying the inevitable so are 'behind' melbourne as far as the course goes...

Honestly think MCG the way to go. Vics will have it under control again by the end of lockdowns and its MCGs until the very last minute
Hope you're right.

But also, I hope you're wrong about the inevitability of outbreaks in other states.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back