AFL Futures

BuddysBiggestFan

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2008
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Noah Anderson into $5 from $15 with SB for RS. Should get votes from yesterdays game. Rankine looked tired and was very ordinary.

If Rankine gets rested this Friday I think the award is anyone’s.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rankine out to $3 with Serong.
I genuinely don't understand what Rankine has done to be favourite, or considered a lock by some

First 2 games were good but then what? Compare to Anderson who's played every game, had 4 good games and doesn't look tired already.
Serong has had 3 games no worse than Rankines
Gee even Taylor from North hasn't done less than Rankine...

Rankine has the highest ceiling of everyone I listed. I'm not doubting that, but that isn't the award. He's done very little in actuality

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
What does number of games played have to do with rising star? Why can’t Rowell still win? Best first year player we have seen ?

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Its voted for, thats the hurdle is gauging what media like. They wont vote for a guy who only played 5 games. Hes clearly the #1 talent, though that isnt necessarily the award
What is the criteria then? Couldn’t find bugger all.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal

I'd imagine consistency and number of games played is part of it, which is why someone like Rowell is now $34 to win as there's no sample size and he hasn't played a lot of games. He's still a gun and would have won if he wasn't injured, but the award doesn't go to people who only played 30% of the season.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's voted for by media. I don't think there's set criteria but it's a popularity contest amongst whoever is on the panel

Which really does play to Rankine's favour I guess despite him having done little in actuality. I'd say Anderson deserves it so far but there's still games to go

jack 231

Senior List
Jun 17, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I just reckon the debate will start over why he shouldn’t win it.
His 5 games are better than rankines 10

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Rankin gunna get grilled by Dunstall sundy nite for that dribbler. Hard to see him winning it even with the hype.
Max King I guess will battle against Witherden this week.
Anderson stinking a bit tonite.
If I was having a bet this week I'd be on Caleb Serong, good game sees him shorten and reckon could be the man.

mookieb

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I genuinely don't understand what Rankine has done to be favourite, or considered a lock by some

First 2 games were good but then what? Compare to Anderson who's played every game, had 4 good games and doesn't look tired already.
Serong has had 3 games no worse than Rankines
Gee even Taylor from North hasn't done less than Rankine...

Rankine has the highest ceiling of everyone I listed. I'm not doubting that, but that isn't the award. He's done very little in actuality
I was just thinking this. He has lost a bit of sparkle since his shot for goal shenanigans near the end of the game a couple of weeks ago then has been very quiet since. Kicked a few freaky goals sure, but he's now getting the best defender of small forwards. Few criticisms about a lack of team football creeping in. I think he'll need to improve from here to win it although the AFL probably would like a GC winner.

1.png

Back