AFL Grand Final - 1 minute Applause at 20:21 in first quarter for Victorias lockdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Basil is such a self-important flog. Hes the Eddie McGuire of Perth who has to have his hand in everything. TV sports presenter, morning radio host, AFL commentator, and now somehow the lord mayor of Perth.

Wish the campaigner would just fu** off.

Oui…a full blown narcissist

Like we want to be reminded of our never ending misery. FMD Basil. Perth fans please just sit there and watch the game, cheer the teams, boo the umpires, have a drink and good time. Maybe put up a * off Andrews banner when the D’s or Dogs run out instead. That’ll cheer me up.

60,000 Western Australians stand up during a GF to clap their hands for Victoria? I think Basil is trying to take the mickey out of everyone here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't understand the hate that Basil gets these days. Seems like a genuinely nice guy and this is just another example of it.

Might come off as a little magoo but part of his charm imo.

Some seriously nasty people in this thread. Save it for a actual smarmy campaigner like Rompingwins or Carey.

I know all of my problems will be fixed with the grand final crowd clapping for one minute! Spare me! What a *en wank! This is the grand final and this flog is taking the piss! Just another virtual signalling toss bag

threatening to hold back the release of national lockdown restrictions because they would rather focus on a hard border than get their people vaccinated.
I mean, our vaccination rate isn't bad at all considering how good WA has had it. Could be better but on par with QLD and was ahead of them a few days ago. The leading motivation to get vaccinated to get out of lockdown and/or ease restrictions just isn't there for us. There's a very obvious reason NSW is leading the pack followed by Vic.

I'm fully vaccinated, it's such an easy thing to do that it seems like Victoria are the one's lagging considering how bad their situation is and how long they've spent in lockdown. Perth has had 12 days in lockdown in 2021.

Screenshot_20210925-003916_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
You can discuss it without interrupting the game.

It is condescending as fu** when he is the mayor of the biggest city in the state which is threatening to hold back the release of national lockdown restrictions because they would rather focus on a hard border than get their people vaccinated.
WA isn’t the only place that’s talking about holding back national lockdown restrictions. Other states have looked at Victoria & NSW & look on in bewilderment that they think that living like a hermit in a cave is some type of freedom. Like you today sitting on the lounge with ya crumpets & cordial waiting for the game. Who the * wants that.

60,000 Western Australians stand up during a GF to clap their hands for Victoria? I think Basil is trying to take the mickey out of everyone here.
"And they're all on their feet and... wait, you don't clap with just one finger from each hand. Oh. OOOH"

Don't understand the hate that Basil gets these days. Seems like a genuinely nice guy and this is just another example of it.

Might come off as a little magoo but part of his charm imo.

Some seriously nasty people in this thread. Save it for a actual smarmy campaigner like Rompingwins or Carey.
He's no Hitler, sure, but there are legitimate gripes to have with Megasnozz outside of his cringey public persona. E.g. his #1 priority as mayor is to forcibly kick the homeless out of the city because they smell; his transphobic comments when he legitimately forgot he was mayor; drink driving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back