Game Day AFL Grand Final 2016 - Sth Melbourne vs Footscray, MCG Saturday 1st Oct 2:10PM

Which team will win?

• Swans

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Bulldogs

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • No one

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
AFL 2016 Grand Final
October 1st
Forecast
:Clearing shower, min: 10C max 17C

South-logo-1977.gif vs Footscray-logo-1977.gif

Last time:
Round 15, Footscray 13.5.83 def Sth Melbourne 11.13.79

Teams
2016grandfinal.JPG
Head2Head Odds:

Swans $1.58
Bulldogs $2.45

So what are everyone's plans for Grand Final day and who are you going for/who do you think will win?

Last edited:

South Melbourne?

They don't deserve that club's history being an AFL pet now.

Go Doggies

Won't be watching the Grand final regardless of the winner, just really hope that the fake bloods drop the ball on this one.

Want the Dogs to win but respect the Swans enormously so don't really mind either way, unlike the past four years.

Hope our guys watch the game and realise what an opportunity they let slip.

TBH I think only Enright, Jimmy, danger and Selwood know what an oppertunity let slip, the rest probably don't, or care about it either.

Grand Final barbie is finally back on. Should be a cracker with under 2-3 goals in it either way. Dogs riding a tsunami of emotion and are one of few sides that can match Sydney for speed on the outside, so I think they'll get up. Been proving me wrong all finals series.

When I thought it was going to be an all Sydney GF, I was planning to spend next Saturday doing some Spring pruning in the garden - now I'm fully invested !

I was nearly as excited last night as if it was a Geelong win, my outlaws are all Dogs supporters and I'm wrapped for them. I don't hate Sydney (unlike some other recent premiers) and actually quite admire them as a team and club, but come Saturday, I'm well and truely on the Bulldogs bandwagon.

Hope Bulldogs win but not overly chuffed if Sydney. Happy it isn't Hawthorn.

Off to Perth for a weekend with the family. Had it teed up a long time ago and was going to change flights if needed.

They're South Melbourne just as much as they're Albert Park. A long time ago and not anymore.

Two teams with very few passengers who play an awesome brand of football.

If Bulldogs win, this would have to be the greatest finals' campaign by an AFL/VFL Team in history!

Bulldogs by 5pts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be great to watch 2 teams that actually apply pressure on the ball carrier on all parts of the ground.

Franklin @ $11 for Norm Smith is huge value

Suprised the mods haven't edited the thread title to reflect that there's is no Sth Melbourne team, rather just another souless franchise with bandwagon supporters.

Don't give the franchise a sense of history it doesn't deserve.

Suprised the mods haven't edited the thread title to reflect that there's is no Sth Melbourne team, rather just another souless franchise with bandwagon supporters.

Just a bit of fun isn't it?

Just a bit of fun isn't it?
No I find it insulting to a team that was relocated , which had a strong culture and history in the VFL that was sacrificed to ensure a National competition.

Instead that sense of history has been marketed to a bunch of bandwagon supporters to give it a sense of creditablility , when the Sydney club is nothing more than a franchise which is spoon fed assistance after assistance by the AFL to ensure than the bandwagon supporters do not drop off.

/rant

When I thought it was going to be an all Sydney GF, I was planning to spend next Saturday doing some Spring pruning in the garden - now I'm fully invested !

I was nearly as excited last night as if it was a Geelong win, my outlaws are all Dogs supporters and I'm wrapped for them. I don't hate Sydney (unlike some other recent premiers) and actually quite admire them as a team and club, but come Saturday, I'm well and truely on the Bulldogs bandwagon.

This (well maybe minus the spring pruning) but would have had very little if any interest in the match, now really looking forward to it and hoping the Doggies can write one more chapter in their fairytale.

Two teams with very few passengers who play an awesome brand of football.

If Bulldogs win, this would have to be the greatest finals' campaign by an AFL/VFL Team in history!

Bulldogs by 5pts.

Hard to come up with any better you'd suspect.

Let me pick it up then.

For those around this board 2005-2009 I was a fairly regular contributor. Played some footy growing up, flew over 16,000 km to watch the 2007 granny and as with most of us have been lucky enough to see some good times and a few flags. There have been a number of reasons why my financial and emotional investment in the AFL has waned:
  • I am older and my priorities have shifted a little.
  • I have discovered NFL from living in the states and am obsessed.
  • My mates enjoy the EPL and other sports.
  • The Cats success has left me satisfied that I wouldn't die without seeing a flag.

However the biggest impact has been made by AFL house and their inability to run the league with any sense of decency, responsibility, fairness or competency.

There is a single fundamental principal I believe all sport needs and that is a rule book. Currently the AFL has multiple rulebooks for each team, making things up as they see fit and it disgusts me. That the Swans have extra salary cap and an academy that lets them choose which draft picks they want is nothing more than league sponsored cheating. It is a f***ing disgrace and all just so a bunch of fat cats can stuff their pockets with money.

The AFL create in game rules with no consultation with the umpires, clubs or players. They can't get the draw right, a finals system that makes sense, home ground advantage that is consistent, a tribunal that people understand or makes consistent decisions, a drug investigation right and on top of all that, they create a separate set of rules for different clubs which massively skews the competition.

For those out there who have swallowed the AFLs utensil and balls deepthroat styles and think that "the game needs to expand" should look at the ridiculous amount of inconsistencies in the AFL expansion plan. Whilst I could write an essay on this, just think about this simple thing: If the AFL is going to be so successful in Sydney that they can carry a 2nd team, why alongside creating a super-team in the GWS, do the Swans also still need extra $$ and the opportunity to taint the draft as they see fit? If the Swans can't play by the same rules as everyone else, WHY THE * IS THERE A 2ND TEAM IN NSW???!!!!!!!

(also why anyone would care about ripping the fairness out of the league to maybe get a bunch of people who don't care about football and haven't shown an interest in the Swans to suddenly like another team is beyond me).

The entire integrity of the AFL is laughable. At least Sepp Blatter and his mates tried to cover up their blatant cheating, our dear old AFL just pull out their big hairy balls, dip them in some horseshit and watch as they are sucked clean by the fans and journos!

/rant - which I must say, was a much better rant!

And that is a complete load of bullshit.

Let me pick it up then.

For those around this board 2005-2009 I was a fairly regular contributor. Played some footy growing up, flew over 16,000 km to watch the 2007 granny and as with most of us have been lucky enough to see some good times and a few flags. There have been a number of reasons why my financial and emotional investment in the AFL has waned:
  • I am older and my priorities have shifted a little.
  • I have discovered NFL from living in the states and am obsessed.
  • My mates enjoy the EPL and other sports.
  • The Cats success has left me satisfied that I wouldn't die without seeing a flag.

However the biggest impact has been made by AFL house and their inability to run the league with any sense of decency, responsibility, fairness or competency.

There is a single fundamental principal I believe all sport needs and that is a rule book. Currently the AFL has multiple rulebooks for each team, making things up as they see fit and it disgusts me. That the Swans have extra salary cap and an academy that lets them choose which draft picks they want is nothing more than league sponsored cheating. It is a f***ing disgrace and all just so a bunch of fat cats can stuff their pockets with money.

The AFL create in game rules with no consultation with the umpires, clubs or players. They can't get the draw right, a finals system that makes sense, home ground advantage that is consistent, a tribunal that people understand or makes consistent decisions, a drug investigation right and on top of all that, they create a separate set of rules for different clubs which massively skews the competition.

For those out there who have swallowed the AFLs utensil and balls deepthroat styles and think that "the game needs to expand" should look at the ridiculous amount of inconsistencies in the AFL expansion plan. Whilst I could write an essay on this, just think about this simple thing: If the AFL is going to be so successful in Sydney that they can carry a 2nd team, why alongside creating a super-team in the GWS, do the Swans also still need extra $$ and the opportunity to taint the draft as they see fit? If the Swans can't play by the same rules as everyone else, WHY THE **** IS THERE A 2ND TEAM IN NSW???!!!!!!!

(also why anyone would care about ripping the fairness out of the league to maybe get a bunch of people who don't care about football and haven't shown an interest in the Swans to suddenly like another team is beyond me).

The entire integrity of the AFL is laughable. At least Sepp Blatter and his mates tried to cover up their blatant cheating, our dear old AFL just pull out their big hairy balls, dip them in some horseshit and watch as they are sucked clean by the fans and journos!

/rant - which I must say, was a much better rant!
Nice rant. Sorry to hear that's why you don't post much these days. Your contributions are missed!

Most importantly for this game. It is time. It all ends on Saturday.
the-cup.png
the-cup.png
the-cup.png

Finally, no more of having to see them with 3 cups next to their names :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back