Game Day AFL Grand Final 2019: Tigers v Giants...

Who will win?

• Tigers under 17.5

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Giants under 17.5

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Tigers over 17.5

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Giants over 17.5

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Don't care...

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We all know the GF is played at the G, I understand the argument,we win no one complains, we loose I don’t like to make excuses just not good enough on the day,just my philosophy on it
And with all due respect, it’s a garbage philosophy. 2 years ago, had the Tigers been good enough they could have won their flag playing at Adelaide Oval. But instead they were dealt a ridiculously huge advantage and gifted a GF and a Premiership at their home ground. It is complete nonsense that certain teams are granted that advantage. Bugger this whole “the GF has always been played at the G” nonsense. No. It was always played at the G in the VFL. We have moved past that. It is now a National Competition. Victorian fans can give up some of their cherished traditions. Every other bloody fan has had to do the same for the sake of the National Comp. Time for Vic fans to do the same.

And with all due respect, it’s a garbage philosophy. 2 years ago, had the Tigers been good enough they could have won their flag playing at Adelaide Oval. But instead they were dealt a ridiculously huge advantage and gifted a GF and a Premiership at their home ground. It is complete nonsense that certain teams are granted that advantage. Bugger this whole “the GF has always been played at the G” nonsense. No. It was always played at the G in the VFL. We have moved past that. It is now a National Competition. Victorian fans can give up some of their cherished traditions. Every other bloody fan has had to do the same for the sake of the National Comp. Time for Vic fans to do the same.
Yep usual argument I have no problem with, give me the G I don’t have a problem with

Indeed. Isn't that interesting?

It's because Victorian clubs get different results when they make calls like that.

Pickett just debuted in the pressure of a home game. A home game with 80% of the crowd behind him, screaming his name, with him just expected to do his little bit as the 22nd player selected. Riding a tidal wave.

These clubs are not having the cauldron moments that shape organisations such as GWS faced today. That could ruin this generation of Giants players and define their club for a decade, or more.

Meanwhile Richmond enter this league every year knowing that they will never, ever face that. All roads lead home. It's two different leagues within the same competition.
What a loser mentality. West Coast seem to handle the cauldron quite well every time they get there.

What gets me about the GF being played at the G, is how the non-Vic sides are forced to play Vic Clubs at shiit holes outside the G during the season.

At the very least FFS, the AFL should be scheduling all Non-Vic teams against Vic team games at the G during the H&A.

Let Melbourne play the Dogs in Darwin or North play the Blues in Tassie instead.

Crows playing the Dogs in some hole in Ballarat is a joke in R23.

What gets me about the GF being played at the G, is how the non-Vic sides are forced to play Vic Clubs at shiit holes outside the G during the season.

At the very least FFS, the AFL should be scheduling all Non-Vic teams against Vic team games at the G during the H&A.

Let Melbourne play the Dogs in Darwin or North play the Blues in Tassie instead.

The AFL don't remorely care about fairness.

All the Interstate clubs should get 4-5 MCG games a year,

To be fair the Ballarat ground was pretty good quality from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't, Optus Stadium does not have the same dimensions as the MCG
Near enough, no coincidence there record at the MCG has improved significantly since the stadium was opened last year.

MCG Dimensions 160X129
PS Dimensions 165X130

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or we play the Bulldogs, Dons, North, Hawks, Saints there,

So we fix an unfair system with more inequity?

The obvious solution is the MCG GF exclusivity contract should be nullified and the GF put on a rotation or given true home ground advantage

Exactly
We should really be pushing for any Vic game in Vic against a team whose home ground is the MCG to be at the MCG

Wonder if Davis will cop the s**t Tex did

All in all a ****ed up season and I’m incredibly glad it’s over

So we fix an unfair system with more inequity?

The obvious solution is the MCG GF exclusivity contract should be nullified and the GF put on a rotation or given true home ground advantage
Problem is that will not be happening for the next 40 odd years due to contracts and Government money, So we need to push for something the AFL can influence, ie amount of game interstate team play at the MCG.

Doesn't seem like much of a coincidence when North Melbourne played all there home games at the MCG in the 90's they won 2 premierships and 3 grand finals and ever since Essendon left the MCG in 2000 they've been a shadow of the club they were in the 90's. Could argue its not just Non-vic clubs its affected.

So the premiers saw fit to roll the dice on the midseason draft free hit and we didn't.

Hope the review is far reaching and we shelve the unjustified arrogance
Hahahshhshs Chapman is nothing but arrogance

Back