AFL Hunter Coast 2013 - Black Diamond Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Well round 1 is done and dusted (altho sportingpulse needs to update the ladders!!! lol Singo still not in prem div depite winning on weekend!!)

Terrigal backed up from last year and look like being about the mark again (what happened with the Gong?)
City will prob learn from defeat and will obviously be there near the end of the year (goal kicking? or just good defense/rushed shots?)

Singo and Dockers had a good game and will both hope to put in good games in coming weeks against 'harder' opposition, KV and Warners were evenly matched (most on here had WB winning I think so congrats to KV and Draino

Nelson bay showed that they could prob compete with Prem div Singo and Dockers, by winning very easily against the promoted Maitland who had a couple of better players out.
They should be gunning for that elusive flag and looking at promotion to the top flight if the weekends performance is any thing to go by (did they beat premier div Dockers in trial?) and thus giving us 8 prem div teams(the right amount for our comp I believe) and no byes in our top level.

Wyong will have to step up if they want a shot at the GF,how many Cardiff players on weekend were prem div standard/regulars? if little/or none well done and they too should be around the mark for the year.

City,Terr etc should all enjoy success this year

Div 2 looks like Dockers at this early stage and going on last years (where all above them been promoted) they should be looking good!!! Well done to teams getting 2nd and 3rd sides up and some players could now play for ever!!! Grimmond etc

Nelson bay showed that they could prob compete with Prem div Singo and Dockers, by winning very easily against the promoted Maitland who had a couple of better players out.
They should be gunning for that elusive flag and looking at promotion to the top flight if the weekends performance is any thing to go by (did they beat premier div Dockers in trial?) and thus giving us 8 prem div teams(the right amount for our comp I believe) and no byes in our top level.

Wyong will have to step up if they want a shot at the GF,how many Cardiff players on weekend were prem div standard/regulars? if little/or none well done and they too should be around the mark for the year.

City,Terr etc should all enjoy success this year

Maitland did have a few out with two weddings in the club (who schedules their wedding for Round One) but the report I got back was that The Bay were very fit, very well-drilled and would have beaten more than one PD team on the showing. They were very impressive but the Maitland boys were not unhappy with how they went despite the score. It will even the competition up a lot with clubs running three teams and won't have so much of the PD player stepping down for various reasons and have a huge effect on lower division suits, especially Div. 2. Good first weekend from what I could see.

Maitland did have a few out with two weddings in the club (who schedules their wedding for Round One) but the report I got back was that The Bay were very fit, very well-drilled and would have beaten more than one PD team on the showing. They were very impressive but the Maitland boys were not unhappy with how they went despite the score. It will even the competition up a lot with clubs running three teams and won't have so much of the PD player stepping down for various reasons and have a huge effect on lower division suits, especially Div. 2. Good first weekend from what I could see.

Weddings?!!! That sort of stuff is for off seasons isnt it? lol Nelsons have been runner up 3 years in a row so its now or never for them(sounds like they know it too) They did get within 1 point of the mighty Singleton last year so they do have some talent there (and as I said before should be looking at promotion with a good year)

As for Maitland that was a tough game first up after promotion against the flag favs, but Im sure your boys will improve throughout the year. Are you guys aiming for finals this year? or just competive each week with improvement showing?

Agree the more clubs with teams means less of the 'top' players finding a game in a grade they prob shouldnt be playing.

As for Maitland that was a tough game first up after promotion against the flag favs, but Im sure your boys will improve throughout the year. Are you guys aiming for finals this year? or just competive each week with improvement showing?

Agree the more clubs with teams means less of the 'top' players finding a game in a grade they prob shouldnt be playing.

The Bay were very good but Maitland are still looking to finals. With the changes to the competition, it will take a few rounds to figure out where the strength is but the Saints have picked up a few very handy players. Filling in for the ones weakened the twos on the weekend so it is hard to get a gauge on either grade. One thing Maitland will provide though is a place for a lot of handy players who just don't play footy at the moment in the local area to have a game without travel and with a bit of flexibility around work. Rob Eddy is a great pick up as player/coach and, with a full complement, the Saints will give a good account of themselves. It's that way for everyone though so bring on next week. It's nice to have two teams on the paddock and almost 60 players now turning out for Maitland who might otherwise have not been playing at all. Eight junior teams too!

Tips for this week

Terrigal over Cardiff by 8 goals
City over Singleton by 12 goals
Killarney over Lake Macquarie by 6 goals

Great to see some of the initiatives being brought into the league, such as the weekly rising star nomination and the professionalism of the Footy Record. Only small things but really give people outside the league the view that the footy environment is on the improve! Good to see some close results in round one and some young players being amongst the best at all clubs. Vital for the league that the kids come through as they will be the guns in 5 years time. Good luck to all teams this weekend.

Lots of significant outs from all clubs by the look of the teams posted ... Brasington, Paech, Rawnsley, Bailey, Hunt, Higgins, wells, Lloyd and lots from Cardiff - O'Brien, Sheldon, Wold, Chapman, Heeney, Serafin, Davies, Clarke !!!!!!

Prob does not change the results that much though ... Dockers may cause an upset over Bombers

Lots of significant outs from all clubs by the look of the teams posted ... Brasington, Paech, Rawnsley, Bailey, Hunt, Higgins, wells, Lloyd and lots from Cardiff - O'Brien, Sheldon, Wold, Chapman, Heeney, Serafin, Davies, Clarke !!!!!!

Prob does not change the results that much though ... Dockers may cause an upset over Bombers

Seeing I was waaaayyy off last week (1 from 3) time for redemption. City over singo prob closer then most think maybe 30 points, terrigal over Cardiff by 45 points, dockers may get over k vale but will only be 2/3 goals either way, I'm leaning towards dockers.

Seeing I was waaaayyy off last week (1 from 3) time for redemption. City over singo prob closer then most think maybe 30 points, terrigal over Cardiff by 45 points, dockers may get over k vale but will only be 2/3 goals either way, I'm leaning towards dockers.

Kilarney Vale easily, so should Terrigal by probably 10 goals.
Singo should expect to get close to City, its the weakest City team I've seen in years.

Looking to Wyong to get off the matk thsi afternoon at Don Small - get down and cheer

Results- Kv by 17 points Cardiff by 10 goals and city 15 goals

Well done to an undermanned KV still getting the win over the Dockers(thought they might have got over the line) City easily even with alot of outs(but I think Singo had just as many out,and dont have the depth of other clubs yet) Mik i think you mean Terrigal winning!! lol They are looking unstoppable right now(they need to maintain tho as you dont win the comp in rounds 1-2)

Was at Wyong to watch(and drink) as they destroyed the Bombers in Div 1. Showed me a couple of things,KV were certainly undermanned (in 1's and 2's) and prob are a way off 3 teams if at all, Wyong are good enough to smash most clubs 2nd side and at least be the equal of others 2's sides. Still think Nelson's are favourites for this grade at this stage.
Wyong need to get a 2nd senior side up somehow or could face oblivion as others continue to work hard to improve quality and quantity at their clubs

Congrats to Maitland for their 1st win in Div1 and Div2?(what the hells going on with scores,surely we are at a good enough level of comp to know who won!!!!!)
Either way Warners are a pretty strong club in our comp with 3 senior teams (and usually good juniors) so to get 2 wins? from 2 matches for a new club is a good start (Did Warners have any 'resting Prem players playing' just out of curiousity,no dramas if so but it would mean Maitland really did step up well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While Im handing out the 'well dones'Nelson bay have done an excellent job in not only getting 2 teams on the park this year,but 2 very competitive teams.
They were always going to be favourites in Div 1 this year,but their Div 2 side just knocked off the favs for Div 2, so if they keep improving and with no injuries/unavailabilities they could acheive the double this year.
This would be a great stepping stone towards promotion to Prem div(altho i'd still be tempted to keep their 2's in Div2)

Great to see maitland nelson bay and wyong winning on the weekend in what looked like a few good games. As for the dropping of premier players from the bye teams I think the league has a new rule preventing more than a couple dropping back someone may wish to elaborate??

Kilarney Vale should be too strong for the Roosters although it's concerning to see who Singo are building their Premier Division ream around.

A training run is on offer for the Panthers at Hylton Moore and Bishy giving himself a well earned rest.

The big question of the round will be if the superior fitness levels of the Dogs will see them over run the Hawks at Feighan Oval. If all the self promotion is to be believed, they will be fresh. too fit and agile on a dry track.

Kilarney Vale should be too strong for the Roosters although it's concerning to see who Singo are building their Premier Division ream around.

A training run is on offer for the Panthers at Hylton Moore and Bishy giving himself a well earned rest.

The big question of the round will be if the superior fitness levels of the Dogs will see them over run the Hawks at Feighan Oval. If all the self promotion is to be believed, they will be fresh. too fit and agile on a dry track.

K vale should jog it in against an under strength singo side by 60 points, Cardiff to win by 8 goals, the premiers to win by 9 goals. In first division Nelson bay by 83 points. In pub grade Warner's bay by 50 points, Nelson bay by 90 and lake Mac by 28 points.

Good luck all

Tips for the weekend.
Killarney Vale by 8 goals
Cardiff by 5 goals
Terrigal by 10 goals

results interesting at the weekend .... any comments ???

dockers and roosters smashed and dogs beat cheese and beetroots for first time in 6 years - albeit an unrecognisable groups of players in that cardiff team

some pretty average sportsmanship at end of game with little hand shaking or 3 cheers after all it is just a game - mind you 6 years is a long time as the rebuild is finally showing results at the dogs

bout time they got rid of their foul mouth drunken supporters who loiter in the back of their ute at the western end of the ground not sure what the goal umpire was thinking - very ordinary abnd a bad look for the game

singo must have some bad injury problems if they are gettin beaten by that amount from a team that they have beaten n recent years

terrigal look the goods saw them 2 week ago and without Head (Swans Reserves) they dominated cardiff

are cardiff on the slide or just missing players as they do not look good ... half a 2012 GF team missing by the looks so that has gotta take a hit on results

IMO still looks like a two horse race

results interesting at the weekend .... any comments ???

dockers and roosters smashed and dogs beat cheese and beetroots for first time in 6 years - albeit an unrecognisable groups of players in that cardiff team

some pretty average sportsmanship at end of game with little hand shaking or 3 cheers after all it is just a game - mind you 6 years is a long time as the rebuild is finally showing results at the dogs

bout time they got rid of their foul mouth drunken supporters who loiter in the back of their ute at the western end of the ground not sure what the goal umpire was thinking - very ordinary abnd a bad look for the game

IMO still looks like a two horse race

Hang on, I was at the game and I could have sworn I heard the 3 cheers at the end of the game and saw some handshaking ? I must admit I was trying to get a clean shot of the scoreboard at the time and maybe it was only the Hawks offering the cheers

I spend the second half down the Western end (just inside the 50), I know there has been issues in the past but didnt see/hear anything on the weekend (not saying they werent doing anything wrong, just that it wasnt obvious from where I was standing)

For what its worth, I was told by a prominant Bulldog last year (no names, no pack drill), that the club dont particularly like them being there. They dont buy their drinks from the canteen or assist the club, but their behaviour just gives a bad name to the club.

One the game itself, it just looked to me that the dogs were on younger, more enthusiastic legs. Does Cardiff have a particularly older list, or did they just have a bad game ?

Hang on, I was at the game and I could have sworn I heard the 3 cheers at the end of the game and saw some handshaking ? I must admit I was trying to get a clean shot of the scoreboard at the time and maybe it was only the Hawks offering the cheers

I spend the second half down the Western end (just inside the 50), I know there has been issues in the past but didnt see/hear anything on the weekend (not saying they werent doing anything wrong, just that it wasnt obvious from where I was standing)

For what its worth, I was told by a prominant Bulldog last year (no names, no pack drill), that the club dont particularly like them being there. They dont buy their drinks from the canteen or assist the club, but their behaviour just gives a bad name to the club.

One the game itself, it just looked to me that the dogs were on younger, more enthusiastic legs. Does Cardiff have a particularly older list, or did they just have a bad game ?

I can vouch for that one big Dave I too was at the game and there definitely was hand shaking and 3 cheers from both teams.
As for the guy at the end I believe your right there as well, they contribute nothing to the club in the way of buying beer/food etc.
One thing that would concern me more than the guys at the end would be the Cardiff president standing behind the bench abusing the bulldogs players and the league president standing in the same area doing nothing to prevent this continuing. Talking to some of the dogs guy after the game it was certainly spoken about as was the cartwheel performed last year in the corresponding fixture by the hawks fullback, certainly added to the motivation of the dogs players.

Bit harsh on the League President. I saw him standing by the water tank near the canteen from when I arrived in the 2nd quarter! Would have needed super sonic hearing to hear anything from that far away!

That being said, if te abuse was so bad, write in about it, speak to the league president about it or just shut your mouth. It does no one any favours mucking unsubstantiated crap on here!

Better still, there's a vacancy on the board still. But your name on it and run for president. I have it on good authority that Gray only agreed to do it because NOBODY else would

Remove this Banner Ad

Back