AFL Hunter Coast 2013 - Black Diamond Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I can vouch for that one big Dave I too was at the game and there definitely was hand shaking and 3 cheers from both teams.
As for the guy at the end I believe your right there as well, they contribute nothing to the club in the way of buying beer/food etc.
One thing that would concern me more than the guys at the end would be the Cardiff president standing behind the bench abusing the bulldogs players and the league president standing in the same area doing nothing to prevent this continuing. Talking to some of the dogs guy after the game it was certainly spoken about as was the cartwheel performed last year in the corresponding fixture by the hawks fullback, certainly added to the motivation of the dogs players.

pretty ordinary if that is the case from those two gents

good on the dogs for the win ... cardiff have been on the receiving end of man repeated beatings in past seasons so good to see the tables changing ...

the investment in youth is paying off ... maybe cardiff are at the end of an era and need to go through a rebuild ... but mind you this is just suburban footy and you have to reward guys who train and pay their fees and turn up and do the right thinkg

Interesting results last week with the Doggies getting that first win in a long time over the Hawks, and the Roosters and Dockers both on the end of a couple of heavy defeats. Understand Singo have a lot out at the moment, not sure how the Dockers injury stocks are. Hopefully these sides can show improvement and become more competitive as the season progresses.

Terrigal certainly will be the team to beat. With their inclusions, I think we are a big chance of seeing a team go through unbeaten this season.

Tips for rd 5

City by 6 goals over a much improved Killarney Vale. The bombers have copped a few big defeats at No 1 over the last couple of years so this will give us a real good indication as to where they are at against a quality opponent

Warners Bay by 8 goals over Singleton. Singleton a much better side at home, Warners coming off a big win might struggle to get up for this one mentally early. Could be close at half time but can see the Dogs pulling away after that.

Cardiff by 20 goals over Lake Macquarie. Think the Dockers are struggling and Cardiff will be looking to bounce back quickly after last week. Not a good time for the Dockers to get the Hawks.

Good luck to all this weekend, and especially to the umpires this week in Umpire Appreciation Round!

City v KV - closer than expected but still City by 4 goals - their first home game
WB v Singo - depends who plays but sorry Singo, Dogs are hot - 10 goals
Cardiff v Dockers - depends who plays, Hawks by 10

Good luck to the Umps this weekend - just a suggestion though - if we are going to have an NCCUA official in Div 1 why not dispense with the "away" club umpire ... would save some travel and/or allow that club ump to do Div 2 game

We are starting to see where the teams are headed for the year in each division now.
1 quick question for those in the know,as I was out and about on weekend I was told that the league has put in a 'cap' for want of a better word on players dropping down a grade (or 2) when they have a bye in a higher grade(apparently there were complaints made) is this true? and if so what is the magic number of gun players allowed?

I remember such a rule never used to exist and once in the last round a perfect season was stopped by another club playing their 1's team

Sydney AFL reads as follows for this week's wet weather round.

· By-law 7.16 should be considered when selecting teams:

When a team has a bye, only two (2) players who played in that team the previous week are eligible to play for the lower grade the following week. In this case players can only play one grade lower. (i.e. a 1st grade player cannot play 3rd grade)

Sydney AFL reads as follows for this week's wet weather round.

· By-law 7.16 should be considered when selecting teams:

When a team has a bye, only two (2) players who played in that team the previous week are eligible to play for the lower grade the following week. In this case players can only play one grade lower. (i.e. a 1st grade player cannot play 3rd grade)
Lucky you're not playing PD Pekay, or else you wouldn't be able to help out in Div 3 ! o_O

The body barely holds up to Div 3 mate, Prems would see the end of me!

Great for the comp to see battlers lake mac get a win up. Lets hope they can build on it from there and deliver a few more W's.

Also nice to read the clubs through their support behind wyong after there horrific week.

I'll have a crack at some tips.

KV by 2 goals (be interesting to see how WB bounce back after a loss to Lake Mac last week)
City by 6 goals (should be too strong at home)
Terrigal by 15 goals (can't see Singo getting close here)

Premier div coming up with some interesting results lately, City and Terr now on top and looking headed for the gf, KV prob will get 3rd but there is still nearly any of the remaining teams capable 'on their day' of grabbing 4th spot (Singleton winning on weekend after being smashed earlier in year!)

Looks like they really struggling in their 2nd side, so its great they getting some wins in the top grade!

The comp should continue to grow with more clubs/teams etc looking like joining in the very near future, some of what is being considered 'around the grounds' includes possible new senior club/team competing next year, One club hopeful of a 2nd side and another which could achieve almost the unthinkable and add a fourth senior side!!!

In any case whether all/some/none happen it looks like their will be plenty of opportunities to play somewhere and at a desired level for all ppl in our area.

Juniors is an area of strength or concern depending on your club (its where most of our future players come from) some clubs seem to not be able to field all age groups while others seem to be doing really well (and should be congradulated and supported to further grow)

On the positive side is Maitland (a newcomer to seniors last year) have not only been promoted a grade and added a 2nd side (Nelsons added a team) but appear to have great numbers in junior so much so that they currently field 17's,15's,two 13's,two 11's,two 9's and im assuming have auskick as well!!! We all know it gets harder to keep all the kids as they grow up,but this is a great start and hopefully they keep growing and build a long term successful club!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a great sign for the league, the division process took just a single year to rejuvenate interest among many. Congratulations to all involved in getting that change put into action. It's been able to breathe life into what was a tired format that ended up being too predictable for too long. To see a new senior club (although they were around back in the early 90's) in Maitland coming onboard and then Nelson Bay getting back to a strong club is really positive.

Granted there are still some quiet games when just a single match is being played, but on the whole there is more footy incorporating a wider skill level then ever before.

The true Australian game is becoming more and more appealing to your average aussie bloke who doesn't want to run into pacific islander brick walls on the league and union fields or cant handle the primadonas that get around on the soccer field. Now with 3 divisions and teams in most areas of newcastle and the central coast the appeal will hopefully keep growing.

Sincerely hope the Cardiff club will get a permanent home ground sooner rather than later also.

Kudo's to Gary Burkinshaw for coming back and weaving his magic wand. You're a class act sir, the league is in your debt.

Just a great sign for the league, the division process took just a single year to rejuvenate interest among many. Congratulations to all involved in getting that change put into action. It's been able to breathe life into what was a tired format that ended up being too predictable for too long. To see a new senior club (although they were around back in the early 90's) in Maitland coming onboard and then Nelson Bay getting back to a strong club is really positive.

Granted there are still some quiet games when just a single match is being played, but on the whole there is more footy incorporating a wider skill level then ever before.

The true Australian game is becoming more and more appealing to your average aussie bloke who doesn't want to run into pacific islander brick walls on the league and union fields or cant handle the primadonas that get around on the soccer field. Now with 3 divisions and teams in most areas of newcastle and the central coast the appeal will hopefully keep growing.

Sincerely hope the Cardiff club will get a permanent home ground sooner rather than later also.

Kudo's to Gary Burkinshaw for coming back and weaving his magic wand. You're a class act sir, the league is in your debt.

Couldnt agree more (or said it any better) hope Cardiff get it all sorted soon (seems like they are forever trying to get a ground) and Garry is very good at what he does!!

Looking at the footy record id almost swear I wrote it with lots of positives about Singleton,Nellie bay and the rep team looking keen!!
Divisionalisation is not perfect but Im very happy its here!
1 thing brought up in record was the board are keen to get Gosford back in the fold for seniors ,I hope they do come back (altho I no some ppl will say they left,leave them) but we all no they had little choice under the old comp structure

Nelson bay are going that good on the field at the moment (we knew they would do well in div1,but div2 more surprising!!) could we see a 'double promotion' next year with them fielding sides in Prem div and Div1? Both teams are currently undefeated (altho big City tests this week) they are keeping some teams goal-less and putting on some big scores!

I hope they do and rise to the challenge as it will be great for the comp!!

All the possibles/probables for team nominations for 2014 makes me think about how the comp will look (and how many teams we will have) I wonder what the board are thinking in regards to teams numbers in each grade etc
I hope to see at least 8 teams in Prem div,8 in Div1 and the rest in Div2 (this could be anywhere up to 24+ teams!!)

Can't believe someone hasn't done a "bit quiet in here lately, anyone got tips for the weekend" post and then slink off without actually contributing a thing. Please wake me up when this happens. Cheers

Can't believe someone hasn't done a "bit quiet in here lately, anyone got tips for the weekend" post and then slink off without actually contributing a thing. Please wake me up when this happens. Cheers

Ill have a crack
Bit quiet in here lately, anyone got any tips for the weekend??

Terrigal over Cardiff by 12 goals- Best in the comp by far and hawks aren't a shadow of their old self
Killarney over Singleton by 7 goals- Killarney travelling nicely, singo aren't the same side away interesting 12 changes from last start for the roosters
Warners by 10 goals over Dockers- Dogs would be hurting after last time and some big ins for the dogs, dockers should finish with the spoon

What a fantastic oval at bateau bay..pissing down rain all week and not one puddle or splash back on the field after 4 games were played on it on Saturday...every club should be trying to get what ever drainage,soil and grass they are using as it is dead set perfect

What a fantastic oval at bateau bay..pissing down rain all week and not one puddle or splash back on the field after 4 games were played on it on Saturday...every club should be trying to get what ever drainage,soil and grass they are using as it is dead set perfect

Recent news from BDAFL on the finals and my thoughts ...

Gate prices are ???? - $10 is ridiculous especially when you pay nothing to go and watch a NEAFL game
Concession but not for students - ??? - you need to promote kids and students to come watch the games not turn them away with these prices

Turn it up BDAFL ...

Recent news from BDAFL on the finals and my thoughts ...

Gate prices are ???? - $10 is ridiculous especially when you pay nothing to go and watch a NEAFL game
Concession but not for students - ??? - you need to promote kids and students to come watch the games not turn them away with these prices

Turn it up BDAFL ...

1) Prices for the gate haven't changed in 10 years
2) Under 16 free
3) NEAFL game was run and organised by AFL NSWACT not the BDAFL.

Here here. Gate charges for BDAFL dont represent good value for money. It must be appreciated that the league need income but this just feels like highway robbery to pay to watch amateur footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back