Roast AFL Image Police

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it is two months too late Rohan... but the AFL has been out of control for a while..

All empires eventually fall....

I will openly admit, this caused me to be more angry than I've been during this entire saga.

It was the just the perfect way to have insult added to injury.

Let's face it- it's been the year from hell for most Essendon fans, and the last week has been the toughest time of all. For that to happen was just the cherry on top, and I saw red.

Anyone else get the irony of Essendon being compared to East Germany? On the strength of incidents like last night's, the AFL would give their propaganda machines and cynical, heavy handed suppression of any dissenting voices a very good run for their money.

I will openly admit, this caused me to be more angry than I've been during this entire saga.

It was the just the perfect way to have insult added to injury.

Let's face it- it's been the year from hell for most Essendon fans, and the last week has been the toughest time of all. For that to happen was just the cherry on top, and I saw red.

Anyone else get the irony of Essendon being compared to East Germany? On the strength of incidents like last night's, the AFL would give their propaganda machines and cynical, heavy handed suppression of any dissenting voices a very good run for their money.
The metaphor can be made to work, East Germany existed as one of many subjects of Stalin/USSR.

For those that were there, was it all red n black? Or were some tiges supporters giving it to security as well?

This along with the media/AFL complaining about 'Ole' on our banner, the wearing of sombreros to a game. Stephanie Hird acting team manager for a day etc.etc.etc.

The funniest thing is that EFC are accused of tarnishing the image of the game, but when supporters/club try to add light relief to the proceedings its the AFL/media who jump on the club.

And I still want to know what illness Myers is suffering ?

This along with the media/AFL complaining about 'Ole' on our banner, the wearing of sombreros to a game. Stephanie Hird acting team manager for a day etc.etc.etc.

The funniest thing is that EFC are accused of tarnishing the image of the game, but when supporters/club try to add light relief to the proceedings its the AFL/media who jump on the club.

And I still want to know what illness Myers is suffering ?
Are you suggesting that fisting birds is inappropriate in the eyes of the All-Seeing?

Anyone remember these ones from the 70s and 80s?
cmunch.jpg

Just...

Wow.

I lived in a cave over the weekend and this is the first I've heard of the issue with the sign.

This sort of s**t needs to get more airplay. There is NOTHING offensive with that sign and shows the AFL for what it really is if they are indeed offended or worried by what it says. I think this is proof that the AFL wanted to break the EFC, make an example of us and send us to the naughty corner. Hate to tell you guys but you may have just created a monster.

Hat's off to the ol' dear who brought it along. If I could I'd give her an almighty hug and tell her that together we'll stick this up the smug arrogant assholes.

Hat's off to the ol' dear who brought it along. If I could I'd give her an almighty hug and tell her that together we'll stick this up the smug arrogant assholes.

Doss and I spoke directly to her about it - it was ridiculous.

Was in M56, think sign was in 54. All the sign does is express support from the Club (albeit in a way suggesting the AFL as a villain). The removal of the sign does nothing to help the AFL's increasingly tyrannical image.

The article is brilliant, as it clearly contrasts the AFL approaches to various matters - with each approach apparently lacking in integrity and propriety. Similar sentiments were echoed by Tim Watson on SEN this morning, who sarcastically stated that Eddie and Freo should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute, and that all the proceeds (plus the $2M from EFC) will pay Paul Roos for the next couple of seasons at MFC.

Unfortunately, the AFL is not beholden or accountable to anyone, and the 17 other clubs missed their chance to step up.

I have to say that Saturday night was the first time that I've heard comments about our implied indiscretions coming from opposition supporters, not sure if it's because I haven't been to a game at the MCG since the Melbourne game and my seats at Etihad are surrounded by Essendon members, but I feel that the release of the charge sheet and the other dirty AFL tactics (you know the ones) may have had a bearing on this. Did anyone else notice the vitriol?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back