News AFL integrity investigating phone use by JDG & Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Families are allowed to come down to the rooms when players get injured, so I don’t know why this is any different. Due to COVID protocols they have no other way to really communicate their situation. The AFL is a joke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Families are allowed to come down to the rooms when players get injured, so I don’t know why this is any different. Due to COVID protocols they have no other way to really communicate their situation. The AFL is a joke
They said that the media manager is meant to communicate to families regarding the severity of injuries etc.

Obviously players being allowed to communicate with 3rd parties during games raises serious integrity issues...

Imagine Stephenson having his phone on him at half time? Imagine the multi's he'd be able to place...

The TV cameras pay their wages.

Hope you’re not suggesting it’s ok to break rules as long as you don’t get caught?
I’m sure no one tunes in to see the change rooms. Not condoning it, rather it’s somewhere that cameras and the broadcast have crept into without adding much value to the coverage. Will clubs continue to allow this access if they get whacked?

We really are a poorly run club. Doesn't help when you have morons like DeGoey in the team. Howe should definitely have known better.

Those who say this isn't a big issue were probably thinking Stephensons betting wasn't that bad as it was on Collingwood and himself.

There are team managers whose job it is to phone loved ones to reassure them. Incompetence.

The AFL has issued Fremantle’s Hayden Ballantyne with a formal warning for using his phone during last week’s NAB Challenge match against Richmond.

Not further action will be taken.

The AFL’s investigation of Ballantyne’s phone call confirmed that he spoke to a family member after suffering an injury which saw him ruled out of the remainder of the match.

Ballantyne was caught on camera using his phone in the change rooms after going off the ground with an injury in his side’s NAB Challenge match last weekend.

Players are banned from using their phones during matches under the AFL’s integrity rules.

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said on 3AW radio earlier today that it serves as a wake up call to all players and that Ballantyne would not have been so lucky had it been a regular home and away fixture.

“It’s the first time we’ve had one of these … I think everyone instinctively feels he was calling family and friends.

“But there’s only so many chances you get and home and away is different, and the context is different.

“There will be a significantly different outcome than I think will happen this time.”

Obviously players being allowed to communicate with 3rd parties during games raises serious integrity issues...

Imagine Stephenson having his phone on him at half time? Imagine the multi's he'd be able to place...
Haha, I get the issues. But surely during COVID there has to be some flexibility. I guess one of the other 10 permitted phone users could have messaged their families. I’m liking Jordy less and less. Swan, Didak, Shaw were liabilities, but they performed.

They said that the media manager is meant to communicate to families regarding the severity of injuries etc.
Yep, so Jordy really is just being a flog. Howe is usually pretty low key so let him off with a warning.

The more time that passes the more I’m keen to trade him. Come the end of his contract, I would give him an offer of about 400k and I’d say sign it or F Off. He’s not worth anymore based on his output.Unlucky with injury, but more ‘unlucky’ with the off field scrutiny he places on himself. As I’ve said before , the rat pack at least performed week in week out. We might still be able to get something for Jordy at this point.

Haha, I get the issues. But surely during COVID there has to be some flexibility. I guess one of the other 10 permitted phone users could have messaged their families. I’m liking Jordy less and less. Swan, Didak, Shaw were liabilities, but they performed.

Jordy has suffered unlucky contact injuries in the past year or three and hasnt done anything wrong off field until committing this heinous crime of picking up a mobile phone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back