News AFL integrity investigating phone use by JDG & Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

The rule is the correct rule re betting ie late positional changes like Nick Maxwell that may influence betting on the first goal. Its there for a good reason.

Yes, they broke the rule but a common sense approach would say nothing to see here, they were both officially out of the game and had no information to impart of value.

It should take the AFL 30 seconds to clear it up but it won't because some a hole at the AFL will be justifying their job.

The rule is the correct rule re betting ie late positional changes like Nick Maxwell that may influence betting on the first goal. Its there for a good reason.

Yes, they broke the rule but a common sense approach would say nothing to see here, they were both officially out of the game and had no information to impart of value.

It should take the AFL 30 seconds to clear it up but it won't because some a hole at the AFL will be justifying their job.
Was it clear to the public that they were not returning to the game at that point? (genuine question, I can’t recall).

If not, that is sensitive information which could certainly affect betting markets.

Was it clear to the public that they were not returning to the game at that point? (genuine question, I can’t recall).

If not, that is sensitive information which could certainly affect betting markets.

My recollection is yes as one had been subbed out and the other ruled out.

I agree with you bruh.. but who's to say the lads didn't have info on how we were gonna structure up in the 2nd half.. say Moore moving down back or staying up forward.. could have offloaded a gorilla on us to snag 50.5 pts or less if that's the case.. sometimes you just need to give up and throw that common sense 'I only messaged my family about my injury' towell in the middle of the ring and forget about it mate.. cause you simply can't win no matter what you do.. drac style state manifesting itself in an afl style world.

Garry turd Lyon now weighing in. Really Garry?

But Garry Lyon called for a harsh penalty and labelled Buckley’s defence the “longest stretch of all time”, questioning why Howe was using his phone when, unlike De Goey, he was not suffering from a head knock

Maybe De Goey should have just hooked up with Jeremys partner and itd all be ok

Garry turd Lyon now weighing in. Really Garry?

But Garry Lyon called for a harsh penalty and labelled Buckley’s defence the “longest stretch of all time”, questioning why Howe was using his phone when, unlike De Goey, he was not suffering from a head knock

Maybe De Goey should have just hooked up with Jeremys partner and itd all be ok
Whenever Garry Lyon, a guy who slept with his mate's wife and his same mate's daughter, talks about anything to do with ethics, you do the opposite of whatever he suggests.

I don't know about the daughter but Billy was his best mate and he went behind Billy's back to sleep with and have a relationship with his ex-wife. Let's not forget Billy's ex-wife as well. She's a piece of s**t for what she has done.

Didnt know about the daughter. What a **** POS
Is that true? Surely not?
I know a couple of people who are close with Billy and BT, and they've heard it from both of them on drunken evenings.

I can't confirm it, but given what Garry is like I wouldn't put anything past it.

I don't know about the daughter but Billy was his best mate and he went behind Billy's back to sleep with and have a relationship with his ex-wife. Let's not forget Billy's ex-wife as well. She's a piece of sh*t for what she has done.

I agree with you there.

I live a polyamorous lifestyle. I've always asked my mate Spiro if I could date his partners. And his he was like.. shut up re.. at first.. then he agreed to it.. after I said it was ok to date mine or whatever re. That s**t is ok. You don't ever go behind your mates back and do that. You lose your integrity if you're gonna go about it like that.. and that re.. sort of a thing. It's always important to ask the question first.

Last edited:
Whenever Garry Lyon, a guy who slept with his mate's wife and his same mate's daughter, talks about anything to do with ethics, you do the opposite of whatever he suggests.

Well at least when Gary dogged his best mate he was man enough to own up to his mistake and accept the criti..... Oh wait, thats right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's that then. It seems like a reasonable enough outcome for the club. I thought the fine would have been higher, and really wouldn't call it "massive"!: AFL slaps Collingwood with massive fine for Jordan De Goey, Jeremy Howe's mobile phone rule breach

Definitely not.
Don‘t try distraction tactics. The AFL is a competition that sets its own rules. And in this case they have made a rule for the betterment of the competition and its sponsors.
All of the AFL players sign a document that acknowledges they will abide by the AFL rules. That cannot be disputed.
Yes, but that is not what you said. You made the point that the phones should be taken from the players because they have proven that they can't be trusted.

Agreed re.....but can someone tell me if the AFL fined their.......Club over Leon Cameron’s use of a mobile phone?
I was only thinking of that today. What was the outcome of that? Id say a senior coach would have more influence over the "integrity" of a game so a phone would be even more off limits. Interesting that only got a brief mention and this has blown up like *n 9/11 because its Collingwood.

Agreed re.....but can someone tell me if the AFL fined their.......Club over Leon Cameron’s use of a mobile phone?

I have no idea why they didn't fine GWS. Don't give a *. If they're taking pot shots at us or whatever. They want to make us a target.. they want to come after us.. go right the * ahead.. the lads should go out every week.. and harness that energy in a possitive way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back