News AFL integrity investigating phone use by JDG & Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Key difference with that example is the majority of building regulations are concerned with individuals safety and wellbeing at the expense of the corporation. This "rule" about phones is protecting the interests of a commercial party at the expense of the individual.
Yeah but I don't want to stray into the idea of whether the rule should be in place, that's a different argument - I completely agree that betting should be completely removed from AFL's advertising/sponsorship/broadcasting/etc... - but the point is that they're the rules we're currently operating under and they have to be abided by whether the teams/players like them or not.

Yeah but I don't want to stray into the idea of whether the rule should be in place, that's a different argument - I completely agree that betting should be completely removed from AFL's advertising/sponsorship/broadcasting/etc... - but the point is that they're the rules we're currently operating under and they have to be abided by whether the teams/players like them or not.

Once again if someone can show me the rule that was broken I would be very appreciative.

What a ******* joke this is. The AFL cares about player welfare but if you go down injured and are out of the game, you can't call your family.

The club should insist no cameras in the rooms. 7 has highlighted this, cut them off.

You can contact your family. You just need to ask one of the ten approved personnel on the list and ask them to call for you.

As if family needs to urgently know how your blood nose or sore hamstring is, anyway!!!!!

Once again if someone can show me the rule that was broken I would be very appreciative.
Here’s an article from when it was being introduced.
If you need further convincing you are welcome to ring the AFL at your leisure to clarify.
PS: I found a potential loophole, (tell the AFL 2 of the designated ones turned their phones off first 😉).

You're still holding onto the idea that the players didn't use the phones, and that they just held them?! Come off it!

You posted this a few pages back:
1618819255665.png
This is what our captain had to say: Pies 'at the mercy' of AFL over players' in-game phone use
1618818904976.png
Of course they used them, they broke the rules, and we'll/they'll cop some sort of a fine. I'm pretty sure the club won't be deregistered or anything too severe!!

Here’s an article from when it was being introduced.
If you need further convincing you are welcome to ring the AFL at your leisure to clarify.
PS: I found a potential loophole, (tell the AFL 2 of the designated ones turned their phones off first 😉).

Interesting that you refer to that article from 2014.

It states there are ten mobiles allowed. More recent articles have stated that there are ten authorised users allowed. It would appear that there is a lot of confusion and misunderstanding and misinterpretation about what the rule is, what it states, best practice etc

I don't need to clarify the rule as I am clear on its wording.

There are more holes in their wording than on our playing list.

Also Lane states "The limit on phone use, which will be monitored by the AFL, though clubs will be responsible for controlling the issue as best they can, applies pre-match and during games."

If her article is accurate a "sorry we tried our best" will suffice.

You're still holding onto the idea that the players didn't use the phones, and that they just held them?! Come off it!

You posted this a few pages back:
View attachment 1106626
This is what our captain had to say: Pies 'at the mercy' of AFL over players' in-game phone use
View attachment 1106616
Of course they used them, they broke the rules, and we'll/they'll cop some sort of a fine. I'm pretty sure the club won't be deregistered or anything too severe!!

"I think" is very different to "I know"

Also even if they did send a text....

Where was the message sent from? What time was it sent?

End of the day the box with the phones in them should have been locked and stored away from the players, most likely they were just calling family etc to talk to them about their injuries but it is still a bad look on the club and is yet another example of poor governance by the club.

Dickheads.
Imagine thinking that checking your Instagram is more important than focusing on your teammates and how the game is going.
Especially considering the amount we are paying JDG and Howe's holier-than-thou attitude in getting Stevo suspended.
Grow up morons, my membership doesn't go towards your Facebook likes

I’ve got a great punishment for the players and the club. No more tattoos allowed on anyone in the club for 2 seasons and if they break it it goes to 5 seasons and they all must have normal haircuts, no buns, bands or undercuts, no peroxide. Nothing but a number 2 cut that will certainly stop it happening again. 😂

Interesting that you refer to that article from 2014.

It states there are ten mobiles allowed. More recent articles have stated that there are ten authorised users allowed. It would appear that there is a lot of confusion and misunderstanding and misinterpretation about what the rule is, what it states, best practice etc

I don't need to clarify the rule as I am clear on its wording.

There are more holes in their wording than on our playing list.

Also Lane states "The limit on phone use, which will be monitored by the AFL, though clubs will be responsible for controlling the issue as best they can, applies pre-match and during games."

If her article is accurate a "sorry we tried our best" will suffice.

The only one confused is you.

Good to see you’ve finally cone around to the simple solution of admitting an error and copping a minor punishment of warning

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dickheads.
Imagine thinking that checking your Instagram is more important than focusing on your teammates and how the game is going.
Especially considering the amount we are paying JDG and Howe's holier-than-thou attitude in getting Stevo suspended.

This has got nothing to do with your membership. Why do people always have to make things about themselves?

End of the day the box with the phones in them should have been locked and stored away from the players, most likely they were just calling family etc to talk to them about their injuries but it is still a bad look on the club and is yet another example of poor governance by the club.
Regardless of why they did it, or whether its a stupid rule or not, ALL players know they cant access their phone siren to siren.

Its just further proof, if any was needed, that 99.987456% of players are stupid - its a good thing they can play at this level, because they are too thick to get a real job.

This has got nothing to do with your membership. Why do people always have to make things about themselves?
Bullshit.
I've paid 10's of thousands to this club over decades, my membership gives me the right to an opinion.
Of course I'm making this partly about myself, when I'm forking out so much to the club and players, I have an expectation that they conduct themselves professionally.
Combined these 2 would earn around $1.5m a year, why are they making rookie errors?

If it’s the responsibility of the players, why even force them to put their phones in a box?
Because, as shown by an ex Pie player, the players cannot be trusted when it comes to phones and the betting industry.
Im sorry you can’t see this but the facts, in the past here and overseas, have proven that the temptation of winning a bet cannot be taken lightly.

Dickheads.
Yawn

Sorry to all, I've just come into this one. I too would like to know what rule was broken. I'm not interested in guidelines, moral obligations, expectations or whatever. I would genuinely like to know the rule that was broken.

Sorry to all, I've just come into this one. I too would like to know what rule was broken. I'm not interested in guidelines, moral obligations, expectations or whatever. I would genuinely like to know the rule that was broken.
Use of a mobile phone during the game by a player named as playing in that game. It’s prohibited.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back