Workshop AFL-level "representative" fixtures (may or may not be SoO)

Remove this Banner Ad

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
Hey all,

Got mad vibes yesterday afternoon and ended up designing/conceptualising what I think could be a cool concept (at least in a fantasy setting) where representative and exhibition fixtures could take place before or after the AFL season. The first one I've created is an "All Stars" game similar in concept to the 150th game many moons ago, but with the All-Australian side (or potential bastardisation thereof) would take on a "fan's choice" side, voted upon by club members and general fans via the internet. Figuring this would probably take place in a pre-season setting a la the NRL All Stars fixture, I've given nab the naming rights to the series.

allaus.png

nabffc.png

The All-Australian guernsey is similar to previous International Rules kits before ISC's modifications last year, and keeps the AFL tradition of obsidian underscoring the green and gold, with the coat of arms heavily and proudly featured over the chest.

The Footy Fans Choice is a typical blancmange of modern footy guernsey design, and is made for the sort of throwaway fixture such a game would inevitably become. It uses the red and blue shades of the AFL logo on a white base, and features a hypnotic star design that is proven to psychopathically send children footy fans into tantrums unless such guernsey is bought for them, ensuring that every parent within 12000km is forced to buy it lest they endure an eternal headache (at least until Hawthorn or Richmond release another cartoon clash guernsey).

I reckon FJ&GD can come up with some pretty good fantasy games and guernseys to give the AFL the sort of "Americanized" allure of all the other codes in Australia. Have a crack!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back