AFL liquidity on Betfair

Remove this Banner Ad

Spacedog

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Is it possible to get larger amounts matched in play (1k+)? How much tends to get matched in total on a game? I'm assuming FTA Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games have the best liquidity

X_box_X

King of September
Mar 15, 2001
DogLands
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea
Is it possible to get larger amounts matched in play (1k+)? How much tends to get matched in total on a game? I'm assuming FTA Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games have the best liquidity
I find if you put a lay request on the favourite at odds of $1,000, you will get matched pretty quickly, regardless of whether your stake is $5 or $5,000, the entire request will be taken instantly. Liquidity doesn't have an influence here. You're welcome to test out this theory.

Bucking Bronco

Team Captain
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Probably on average there is about $400,000 matched per game prior to the game starting and then, I don't know, maybe another $200,000 from live play; a lot of live trading occurs at low odds when it looks like a team is running away with the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juss

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I've never bet live on the phone with betfair, I don't know how it would work well with an exchange because even if you get on call to place your bet, you still then need someone to call and match.

Apparently bet365 have a good live phone bet system where you speak to a machine.

Top Bottom