AFL Live DLC out NOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

It is up to Tru Blu to disclose patch notes, however it's unlikely that we would publish a full list of changes to gameplay as it increases the chances of reverse-engineering to find exploits. Most are reasonably obvious, although it is interesting that the continuous bumping still continues online?

In terms of content of the DLC then I think releasing a complete and concise list is a must as it is a paid product. I will ask permission to release that.

Sounds like a placebo Ross. Admit it, there are no fixes in the patch whatsoever. The file was nothing more than the new Tiges emblem and GWS (hey they're hi rez ok!).

You have lead us to believe there are game fixes and we have taken the placebo. I am here to tell you guys that this is nothing more than an illusion. You just think there are fixes but alas..there are none! It is all just smoke and mirrors.

Of course, I am joking :) love the patch and DLC Ross. As if I wasn't addicted before. I got a friggin family and career to hold together.

...priorities.

this may sound stupid but does anyone know if west coast are now a 4.5 star team
i haven't got the game yet but will soon and just want to know if it's worth it or else i might reconsider

Round 2 in season mode playing as bombers and it freezes in the last quarter all the time??

What are North's three guernsey options, anyone?
HOME = White with Blue Stripes, Blue Shorts.
AWAY = Blue with White Stripes, Blue Shorts.
CLASH = Blue with White Stripes, White Shorts.
HERITAGE = Blue with White V, Blue Shorts.
this may sound stupid but does anyone know if west coast are now a 4.5 star team
i haven't got the game yet but will soon and just want to know if it's worth it or else i might reconsider
WCE are 4 stars.

HOME = White with Blue Stripes, Blue Shorts.
AWAY = Blue with White Stripes, Blue Shorts.
CLASH = Blue with White Stripes, White Shorts.
HERITAGE = Blue with White V, Blue Shorts.WCE are 4 stars.

Adding to that our clash has a black number with a white outline on a blue background...dunno wheeze bug ant got that lol

Care to elaborate?

I don't play this much so I don't see how it has changed.
Basically if you're in the best position to mark the ball, you're a lot safer in taking the option to mark, where as before you probably would've spoiled as marking tended to be a bit of a crap shoot.

Makes for dropping the ball short or kicking over your players head to their advantage a much more surer experience.

It's not just spoils every time. You should see a significant rise in marks all over the ground.

I also get a feeling the bumping in a marking contest has been tweaked to be more influential as well but I continually forget how to use it in game and end up spoiling.:oops:

Also Ross on the bumping thing. I haven't noticed bumping at all in the matches I've played since the patch. Maybe a bump every so often, but VERY rare now. Don't know if people are just scared of it or forget it because I never initiate bumping in online games as it generally leads to bumping ALL the time. That's out of about 20 or so games.

Yes you can. Just figured out how to do it. As the ball is say 2 metres from your body, move it, the player will throw the other guy to the side, then mark it.
Yeah, as I said, it seems to work a bit better than it previously did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still find it odd that Melbourne's "away" outfit is still just the home jumper with blue shorts. No white shorts :p Hardly a big deal though but it's definitely an error.

I'd love to sit with a Big Ant employee for them to explain the marking thing to me.

Here's how I think it goes:-
I think you need to position yourself with the left stick, and try to work your way to the front, but not too far forward so you're out of position.
Then, going on what was mentioned from patch 1, you can jostle a bit with the right stick.

Then theres the timing, I think has to be a lot earlier from what I do. I tend to press it for when I want the player to jump, but I figure the game needs it earlier so that it can enter the value into some sort of mini game equation (taking into account the position from above, and the players skills like jostle, strength, mark and spoil).
It then figures out who wins (me or the opponent), get me into the start position for the animation, then play the animation that shows me either winning/losing the contest.

Going by this, I'm starting to find I'm having a bit more success in contests.

It really needs a tutorial which displays a "too soon" or "perfect" etc. response to when you press the button. Maybe they can make a flash game tutorial since it costs so damn much to patch one into the actual game

I'd love to sit with a Big Ant employee for them to explain the marking thing to me.

This, so much this. Anything to actually get some feedback on how it works. Even just a little dot in game that displays a colour as to whether you went too early, late or at the right time. Ideally, a training minigame would be perfect like you said.

no you can not but a loose man in defence maybe tru blu and big ant should think about putting that in the game in latter time.

Have had the patch and DLC since Friday night now. The Melbourne team is surprisingly good to play with. I seem to often find players loose in the middle of the ground and somehow link up with handballs out of defence much easier. Space around the ground is certainly something that I've noticed and it has allowed me to express myself in the style that I am willing to play at anytime. Also the marking seems to have improved a fair bit. The use of the right analog stick at the right time helps massively in those 1v1 contests. Being infront in the marking contests is now a big part of whether or not you mark the ball which is a big +!

The combination of the patch and the DLC makes for fun times for gamers so GET ON IT!
Thanks BigAnt and TruBlu for an enjoyable game, MUCH APPRECIATED!

no you can not but a loose man in defence maybe tru blu and big ant should think about putting that in the game in latter time.

It's something that I think they warded away from because the 50 would become very cluttered and it would have taken a long time to get the behaviour of the 'loose man' right. For example his positioning when the opposition enters the 50, his ability to be the '3rd man up'/getting the intercept or chop out mark, or the being the one looking for the link up handball and exit out of 50. Hopefully the loose man gets implemented in the next version along with many other tactics such as 'the press,' flood and other such tactics. But we shall see, time will tell.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back