AFL live on Eurosport 2 - mainland Europe

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the German guide they are showing Geelong - Essendon live.

09:45
Australian Football
Australian Football League Premiership 2010 - 1. Spieltag: Geelong Cats - Essendon Bombers / Übertragung aus dem Melbourne Cricket Ground (180Min)

According to the German guide they are showing Geelong - Essendon live.

09:45
Australian Football
Australian Football League Premiership 2010 - 1. Spieltag: Geelong Cats - Essendon Bombers / Übertragung aus dem Melbourne Cricket Ground (180Min)

That would be a change .. last year they were only showing 1 hour from one match, plus a 1 hour highlights package. Will keep an eye on it.

B

I've heard that in general, Eurosport 2 will be showing the Friday and/or Saturday night game live. A fantastic development, really.

I've heard that in general, Eurosport 2 will be showing the Friday and/or Saturday night game live. A fantastic development, really.

So, the AFL can have the Friday night games live in Europe, but cannot make it happen and allow Victoria and the rest of Australia to have live Friday Night Football? Makes sense, when you think about it. :eek:

Any idea of the list of games that will be broadcast throughout the year? I'll be pissed if theres no eagles games, but id hardly be surprised

Round 1 Geelong Essendon
Round 2 Brisbane Carlton
Round 3 Essendon Carlton
Round 4 West Coast v Essendon
Round 5 Essendon v Collingwood

Good grief!

Yeah, why all the Essendon games?

Live home and away games on Eurosport2 is brilliant and it surely proves that there is a growing audience for the AFL in Europe. All I hope is that they mostly show Saturday games, not Friday ones. On Friday mornings I'm at work!

Round 1 Geelong Essendon
Round 2 Brisbane Carlton
Round 3 Essendon Carlton
Round 4 West Coast v Essendon
Round 5 Essendon v Collingwood

Good grief!

Now the Collingwood obsession which becomes a Geelong obsession then a bombers obsession.
Round 6 Dogs v Saints
Round 7 Pies v Roos
Round 8 Lions v Cats
Round 9 Pies v Cats
Round 10 Lions v Pies
Round 11 Eagles v Cats
Round 12 Bombers v Cats again!
Round 13 Hawks v Bombers

Six Essendon games in 13 weeks!

Not one game for either Adelaide team, Freo, Sydney, Melbourne or Richmond

I had a look at what has been on ESPN in the UK thus far in 2010.

It appears that they are showing both C7 broadcast games and one C10

So far in 10 rounds we have seen the Bombers and Blues 9 times each! Essendon 8 times and the Cats & Bulldogs 6 times each.

My beloved Swans are get to grace the screen this year, the only team not to feature :mad:

Now the Collingwood obsession which becomes a Geelong obsession then a bombers obsession.
Round 6 Dogs v Saints
Round 7 Pies v Roos
Round 8 Lions v Cats
Round 9 Pies v Cats
Round 10 Lions v Pies
Round 11 Eagles v Cats
Round 12 Bombers v Cats again!
Round 13 Hawks v Bombers

Six Essendon games in 13 weeks!

Not one game for either Adelaide team, Freo, Sydney, Melbourne or Richmond
Well to be honest, Geelong isn't the worst team to watch.

I think Eurosport doesn't get to pick the games, as their range of games to pick from each week is very limited, as it has to be either one of the saturday night games. Friday nights is usually picked only when a larger sporting event (usually tennis) is on on saturdays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back