AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont get it. Foxtel with the sport package is about $50. That isn't breaking the bank. It really isn't. No need for extra cables, no need for laptops or ipads or subscriptions to the basket case AFL website. Just heaps of footy in glorious HD, with decent commentary, slick graphics, better camera angles, no cross promotion and minimal ads.

For me its a no brainer.

Seriously, you all clearly have the internet, you're not on the poverty line. Stop moaning and shell out $50 for foxtel.

I'm guessing you ain't married

I dont get it. Foxtel with the sport package is about $50. That isn't breaking the bank. It really isn't. No need for extra cables, no need for laptops or ipads or subscriptions to the basket case AFL website. Just heaps of footy in glorious HD, with decent commentary, slick graphics, better camera angles, no cross promotion and minimal ads.

For me its a no brainer.

Seriously, you all clearly have the internet, you're not on the poverty line. Stop moaning and shell out $50 for foxtel.
Foxtel, besides the sport, is crap. I'm not going to give them $50 a month even though I can afford it.

Foxtel, besides the sport, is crap. I'm not going to give them $50 a month even though I can afford it.

This. If AFL bought out their own season pass (which is way overdue, probably the only decent thing American TV have done that we haven't copied) I'd pay whatever the amount for it. It's not always about the money at all.

This. If AFL bought out their own season pass (which is way overdue, probably the only decent thing American TV have done that we haven't copied) I'd pay whatever the amount for it. It's not always about the money at all.

For hockey, basketball and baseball yes but not American Football. Their live internet pass is only for overseas.

For me its a no brainer.

What makes you think that because people can afford internet they must be able to afford Foxtel as well? All we want is a product that does what it claims to do.

Suit yourself. Foxtel IS crap, so is their customer service, but the sport coverage in general, let alone FoxFooty, is ******* brilliant. All in HD too which for me is worth the money alone.

Last edited:
What makes you think that because people can afford internet they must be able to afford Foxtel as well? All we want is a product that does what it claims to do.

Fox sports does exactly what it claims to do mate. Wall to wall sport in HD.

Its $50. That's a slab of beer these days. It isn't much and cheaper than most internet packages.

Its $50. That's a slab of beer these days. It isn't much and cheaper than most internet packages.
The topic is the AFL Live Pass and how it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. As for beer, Foxtel and any other thing you want to bring up, some people just can't afford them on top of their current expenses.

Thanks afl/Telstra for being so s**t. I canceled after one week. The quality was useless. I now do more important thingsnwith my time, like exercising and looking good. Sex life has improved as well.

Could have just paid via iTunes and avoid any exchanging of credit cards...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used a voucher to get a free season pass, and that worked fine. I don't really have anything to add to the thread, just bragging.

8knRayb.gif
I feel like this has sort of ruined the movie for me lol

An alternative to AFL pass is Foxtel GO. If a mate of yours has Foxtel and the sports package, download the app, let them login using their details and you're done. Simple and very reliable. You just need wifi
Last i checked foxfooty isn't available on foxtel go, might have changed for this year though

Edit: A little research has found that it is available on foxtel go on tablets but not on computers.

For me its a no brainer.

Some of us would prefer not to give the great Satan that is 'ol Rupert our cash.

Anyone had any luck running the live app to a TV via cable from an iOS device?

Also: Can anyone confirm if the international subscription lets you stream live from desktop?

Yeah. And I offered a solution for a service that does.
At 25 times the price (for a Richmond supporter who already has the majority of games on FTA) and you're also locked into a contract for a minimum of 12 months.

For me its a no brainer.

If I could just get it for 6 months of the year I'd happily pay $50 a month or even a little more. But I have no interest in it for the other 6 months. I'd guess this is the main problem many have with it and is why I am happy enough to slum it on the AFL app I can stop paying for in September.

Actually it's $60/month for HD plus $150 install with a minimum 12 month contract. $870 v $90.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back