AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still ****** off that I have to sit through 7 minutes of ******* harvey norman and clean coal advertisements.

The entire point of paying directly for content is to remove the ******* ads.
this was true in 1995

you now pay for premium content, with ads thrown in

as long as the ads don't creep in during play, who cares

As people have said though, as long as ads don't disrupt the games I'm okay.

We don't want it like they NHL (not ice hockey in general, just the NHL) where they take TV timeouts three times a period, which disrupt the play and kill atmosphere. Or of course the advertising wank-fest that is the NFL.

As people have said though, as long as ads don't disrupt the games I'm okay.

We don't want it like they NHL (not ice hockey in general, just the NHL) where they take TV timeouts three times a period, which disrupt the play and kill atmosphere. Or of course the advertising wank-fest that is the NFL.

They sort of already disrupt the matches, don't they? The umpires often (in live free to air matches) need to wait a few extra seconds for the TV adverts to finish before bouncing the ball after a goal. They cannot do this until they receive the red signal. This is generally only a matter of seconds, if at all, so is not very invasive to the fan experience. Having said that, I do agree with you that we need to avoid going down the U.S. pathway.

this was true in 1995

you now pay for premium content, with ads thrown in

as long as the ads don't creep in during play, who cares

This was true last year

I may as well find an illegal stream that has the ads taken out.

So you can no longer watch AFL match replays unless you buy PIA each month? or the AFL live Pass ? which is apparently a joke

How have people gone with the afl live pass so far during the preseason?

Ive been pretty happy with watchafl and using the PIA

Anyone have any luck with finding away to play it through either chromecast or Apple TV?
Apple TV yes, works fine using getflix, chromecast not so much, only way ive been able to get it to work is by setting up a vpn on my router so both devices are using a vpn.

Apple TV yes, works fine using getflix, chromecast not so much, only way ive been able to get it to work is by setting up a vpn on my router so both devices are using a vpn.

Sorry for what I'm sure is a noob question - but what is getflix?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Anybody having issues with the app not recognising a season pass purchased via the Apple App Store? Works on my iPhone 6 but not on my iPhone 4. Times out and gives me a free 24 hour pass. But I have to delete the app and reinstall forcthat to occur. I'd just prefer it to recognise my annual app outright!

This is important as I can stream to my tv via Apple TV with the iPhone 4.

Last edited:
Is anyone else not able to listen to games? I have a subscription, click on the radio feed and nothing.

Well, that was one of the options. The other being an android phone and Chromecast.
thanks for the response, ive got a android phone and tried mirroring with chrome cast 2 but no go, maybe i need the older chrome cast?
Thanks mate..

thanks for the response, ive got a android phone and tried mirroring with chrome cast 2 but no go, maybe i need the older chrome cast?
Thanks mate..

How so no go? The video feed itself does not get a Cast button, but if you cast the entire device screen via the Google Home app you should be fine.

Hi guys.
I have the AFL live pass on my iPhone 7 which i had been using until this season by using a lightning bolt to hdmi converter from my phone to TV but is blocked this season, so is the mirroring through Apple TV.
I have already purchased the subscription for the season, how can I get it from my iPhone to TV?
Would it work to Chromecast instead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back