AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest update says something about full screen for the iPad, I'm pretty sure.

Looks like it is possible. :rolleyes:

I want to mirror this rubbish on my TV. It's not possible on iOS is it?

Well I found someone willing to give me their final device spot for foxtel Go. Hope you're all happy AFL, telstra, foxtel...now no one gets my money. Straight onto laptop and hdmi to TV, you bunch of campaigners.

I've never known laptop to tv to work with an HDMI - as with the phone adaptor and phone app, the foxtel app seems to block it.

That said, my brother got around it (using my foxtel) by setting his tv up as his PCs second screen, so there is a workaround regardless.

I've never known laptop to tv to work with an HDMI - as with the phone adaptor and phone app, the foxtel app seems to block it.

That said, my brother got around it (using my foxtel) by setting his tv up as his PCs second screen, so there is a workaround regardless.
yeh its working fine, laptop is the only method that works, other devices will not. It is essentially a second screen.

Possibly HDCP causing issues?

Possibly HDCP causing issues?

There's every chance it is... considering I'm not that tech smart and don't know what HDCP is :oops:

It's not a bit issue anyway. I only wanted to use it last season on the tv in my bedroom, which I no longer have.

A warning for anyone who subscribed to WatchAFL Global pass using the free trial and cancelled their subscription: I did this and today I was still charged for it!

Next drama, sort it out with Foxtel. w***ers.

A warning for anyone who subscribed to WatchAFL Global pass using the free trial and cancelled their subscription: I did this and today I was still charged for it!
I'm pretty sure its in there terms and conditions you need to cancel 2 or 3 days before the next payment is due.

I'm pretty sure its in there terms and conditions you need to cancel 2 or 3 days before the next payment is due.
I cancelled a few weeks back - certainly within the defined cancellation period. My account shows no active subscriptions, but i still got charged. Definitely a screw up from foxtel.

Next drama, sort it out with Foxtel. ******s.

Yep I cancelled mine last week and still got charged. Sent them an email as well as filled in a contact us form on their website last night. Still no response. Called the bank and I'll have to complete a dispute form if they don't reimburse straight away.

I took a screenshot and attached to the email to them showing that I had no active subscriptions yet had still been charged.

well anyone thinking of getting it beware that last nights Open Mike is yet to be available On Demand. Must be about 30 hours behind at this stage.
Yeah im very dissapointed with how quickly the on demand stuff is being updated. With regular free to air tv i get why they dont make the shows available to watch via catchup til the next day, they want you watching live to see the ads, but watch afl, you're paying for it, the eps are taped not live theres no reason they shouldnt be available as soon as they have aired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next drama, sort it out with Foxtel. ******s.
Yep I cancelled mine last week and still got charged. Sent them an email as well as filled in a contact us form on their website last night. Still no response. Called the bank and I'll have to complete a dispute form if they don't reimburse straight away.

I took a screenshot and attached to the email to them showing that I had no active subscriptions yet had still been charged.

To their credit they've responded via email today and acknowledged the error and said they will be issuing a full refund. If you contact them there shouldn't be any issues (or they may just rectify it at their end as they said a small number of people were affected.)

To their credit they've responded via email today and acknowledged the error and said they will be issuing a full refund. If you contact them there shouldn't be any issues (or they may just rectify it at their end as they said a small number of people were affected.)
Agreed - I got a response and got refunded.

Interestingly I still have access...

I cancelled a few weeks back - certainly within the defined cancellation period. My account shows no active subscriptions, but i still got charged. Definitely a screw up from foxtel.
Fine print said you have to cancel within 48 hours of the free trial ending. If you did it before then you would be charged.

does everyone else have the footy to the top left ; with stats at the bottom and to the right? (ipad)
In the pre-season it just had the video feed in the middle with black all-around.

I'm the same mate, its fkd.

I just want to watch the footy on my tablet without the b.s ideally full screen as I had last year.

Subscription runs out in 6 weeks, if this keeps up will not be renewing.

Fine print said you have to cancel within 48 hours of the free trial ending. If you did it before then you would be charged.
Not that it matters because refunds were issued without question, but I think you mis-read the fine-print.

**Free trial period ends 23rd March 12:01am AEST. You may cancel your free trial subscription at any time during the free trial period. Unless the free trial subscription is cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the end of the free trial period, you will be charged in accordance with the Watch AFL Pass (Season, Monthly or Weekly etc.) selected during your initial registration for the free trial as set out in the Terms of Use.
So you could cancel at any time, but if you don't cancel at least 48 hours before the end of the free trial period then you'll be charged.

Not that it matters because refunds were issued without question, but I think you mis-read the fine-print.

So you could cancel at any time, but if you don't cancel at least 48 hours before the end of the free trial period then you'll be charged.
Ah crap. My bad

The screen mirroring of the AFL app using Android phones had the AFL and Telstra:
1. Reduced quality of streams
2. Created thick black bordered windows surrounding stream

If we are paying for a service it shouldn't matter which mobile device it is streamed on. The quality when enlarged through screen mirroring anyway is poor and you'd might as well pay for Foxtel Go if you want to watch a half decent footy game over the internet. But given the advancement in smart phone hardware and software, I really think the stream quality (at its best possible depending on network speed) should be the highest it could be over a streaming network. I think Telstra wants to limit the amount of bandwidth used over its mobile network with the "included AFL Season Pass" to all eligible Telstra mobile phone customers. Poor.

Anyone else finding the stream quality through the Live Pass app MUCH worse now than during the pre season comp? Like, unwatchably bad?

It was really good during pre season, at least by the low low standards of last year.

Apple TV yes, works fine using getflix, chromecast not so much, only way ive been able to get it to work is by setting up a vpn on my router so both devices are using a vpn.

You need to setup the DNS via your router and then add some static routes. By default, the Chromecast will use Google DNS, bypassing whatever DNS your router might have setup. The static routes block Google DNS, which forces the Chromecast to use your routers DNS settings (the Getflix DNS servers). More information and a setup guide here https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200686400-Chromecast

You need to setup the DNS via your router and then add some static routes
You my friend, you are a legend!! I'd never bothered with static routes, always sounded complicated, but it was actually very simple and is working perfectly now. Very much appreciated. I'll pose another question to you, the uk BT sports app uses location services on iOS, i used to be able to bypass it with a tweak called gps cheat and getflix, I'm not sure if bt have updated something, but i can no longer use it. VPN has never worked but getflix and gps cheat did, well used to anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back