Remove this Banner Ad

Tigerland

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2004
NSW
AFL Club
Richmond
Just have to vent this....

Went onto AFL website to get an AFL live pass. They have a free 4 week trial on for the NAB cup at the moment.

So I go through the steps, email confirmation, all good.

Then I have to put my credit card details in so that they can charge after the trial period - fine. Key in the numbers on 6 occasions and every time it comes out with a timed out error.

That is not what I am angry about. What really pissed me off is the 3 people in 3 different countries I spoke to in an attempt to resolve this.

Firstly I contacted the support that was listed on the AFL confirmation email. That sounded like India and the woman had no idea what I was talking about.

Step 2 - she transfers me to someone that can help me. This time it's an American, but I suspect it was in Singapore. She also had no idea but was adamant she would transfer me to someone that could help.

Next thing I get Trent from AFL membership. He's surprised to be receiving my call and says he can't help. He must have been on his way to the pub because he was super keen to try and transfer me to reception even after I told what a joke this was.

What a shambles that is, I don't think I'll bother with the Live pass - I've heard the reception is often crap anyway.

Valid rant complete.

I had it for about 15 minutes until I tried to get it to stream on my laptop so I can hook it up to the tv, to find out it only streams to tablets and mobiles. I'm not paying $90 a season to watch footy on a 3 inch screen over my wifi, what an absolute joke. Cancelled my trial immediately

Whats the going rate for TV, or do you need to deal with Fox or 7, not Telstra? Good deal if you can get it for $90.

Went onto AFL website to get an AFL live pass. They have a free 4 week trial on for the NAB cup at the moment.

Then I have to put my credit card details in so that they can charge after the trial period - fine. Key in the numbers on 6 occasions and every time it comes out with a timed out error.

That is not what I am angry about. What really pissed me off is the 3 people in 3 different countries I spoke to in an attempt to resolve this.

Firstly I contacted the support that was listed on the AFL confirmation email. That sounded like India and the woman had no idea what I was talking about.

Step 2 - she transfers me to someone that can help me. This time it's an American, but I suspect it was in Singapore. She also had no idea but was adamant she would transfer me to someone that could help.

Next thing I get Trent from AFL membership. He's surprised to be receiving my call and says he can't help. He must have been on his way to the pub because he was super keen to try and transfer me to reception even after I told what a joke this was.

What a shambles that is, I don't think I'll bother with the Live pass - I've heard the reception is often crap anyway.

Valid rant complete.

No it isn't, its awesome
Your just not using it right

I had it for about 15 minutes until I tried to get it to stream on my laptop so I can hook it up to the tv, to find out it only streams to tablets and mobiles. I'm not paying $90 a season to watch footy on a 3 inch screen over my wifi, what an absolute joke. Cancelled my trial immediately
Run Bluestacks on your laptop, should work. But the resolution is terrible for a wide screen TV

The AFL's media branch is their most poorly managed division. I have a mate who works for them, knows nothing about footy and tells me its the easiest job he's ever had.

All their website features look like they're filmed in the channel 31 studio, and their media marketing is horribly uninspired: get voice over to talk about footy, put some highlights behind it

I used a voucher to get a free season pass, and that worked fine. I don't really have anything to add to the thread, just bragging.

8knRayb.gif

Get a 10 incher buddy. Bigger is better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the going rate for TV, or do you need to deal with Fox or 7, not Telstra? Good deal if you can get it for $90.

I looked into it and as far as I could work out it's just not available directly to the tv at all

Run Bluestacks on your laptop, should work. But the resolution is terrible for a wide screen TV

I thought about something similar but ended up just going foxtel play through my ps4 (can't install foxtel in my building) and split the cost with my housemate, $25 a month each with no lock in contract and you get the epl, cricket world cup and the rugby too. Plus you don't have to go through the hassle of bringing the laptop out and hooking it up to the tv when you want to turn the footy on

Yeah, it's been confirmed with Telstra that it can't be streamed through your TV. It's deliberate, they said something about TV rights as the reason.

Obviously. Foxtel needs some reason to sign people up. Otherwise they wouldn't be paying 1 billion (together with 7) for the rights.

It's just a matter of time before it becomes more economically viable for the AFL to sell direct stream to customers.

International version is top notch; interface is a bit weird but apart from that i've never had a problem with quality or reliability (although i havn't done an entire season yet).

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MHL-Micr...tDomain_15&hash=item1c4eaa85bb#ht_1826wt_1363

$11, goes straight to your TV without an issue. Used mine all last season without an issue. You're welcome.

Valid rant complete.
Welcome to dealing with Telstra!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back