AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave VPN a crack and it went pretty well for preseason for free.

Wondering if Getflix or Foxtel Footy Play can provide something better.

How do i get Foxtel Foot Play? Do i need foxtel?

Im assuming with Getflix like VPN you just get Watch AFL aswell

I’ve got a Telstra mobile so can access all the content in the app ok, but I was going to watch some replays on my PC via afl.com and looks like my Telstra ID won’t work. Is this the case that a Telstra ID is limited to the sole device? Don't know if I can bring myself to pay $90 to watch replays.

What ultimately pushed me to unsuccessfully get Foxtel this year was the ridiculous slow upload of match replays on Live Pass. If I missed a match around 1pm on Sunday, I'd have to wait until Monday morning to watch the game (and to ignore social media and the news). The global pass was magnificent when I was overseas - quarters would be uploaded around 1 and a half to 2 hours after they were played.

Does anyone have any data on the upload time for replays (from the actual time played) so far this year?

What ultimately pushed me to unsuccessfully get Foxtel this year was the ridiculous slow upload of match replays on Live Pass. If I missed a match around 1pm on Sunday, I'd have to wait until Monday morning to watch the game (and to ignore social media and the news). The global pass was magnificent when I was overseas - quarters would be uploaded around 1 and a half to 2 hours after they were played.

Does anyone have any data on the upload time for replays (from the actual time played) so far this year?

They upload the replays 12 hours after the game, they did the same last year.

I've been trialing the live pass for the replays and as everyone has said, its a huge step down in video quality and a ridiculous amount of buffering compared to last year.

The Watch AFL Subscription is piss poor this year as far as getting shows to screen through the site. As an overseas subber the only reason I paid again this year was because of the foxtel footy shows they had, and I thought it would be easier to catch up. Im often waiting days... and sometimes a week for certain shows to become available. And then when you look at whats on, or whats coming up on their 'TV Guide' all you see is Episode 3, or episode 5... but they dont even tell you what show it is.

******* piss poor!

Ive emailed them twice, but theyre basically saying we are new and trying to work out how to best deliver their service.

Wish I didnt pay and just used Kodi for games. The extra content is so delayed its out-dated and worthless by the time you have access to it. For instance, last week's Open Mike is STILL not available!! Over 7 days and its not there.

******* pathetic!

The extra content is so delayed its out-dated and worthless by the time you have access to it
I emailed them complaining about the same thing and the response i got was they were working on it. Its not hard to upload the episodes of the shows surely. The reason i signed up was exactly the same as you, i miss a lot of the shows like open mike, 360 etc but wanted to watch them on demand, instead I'm watching them through youtube. The live content in HD is great but the VOD needs to be updated a lot quicker. its a paid service i don't see why the catchup stuff isn't available basically straight after its aired...

Is it possible to use my AFL live pass from my iphone onto tv? Will the lightning cable to HDMI do it or is it blocked? Any other ways

Screen mirroring. Apples version will be blocked and will have to try chromecast (probably blocked too) or some 3rd party method or screen mirroring.

I have a smart tv and can directly mirror from my s5 without any problems provided it's setup correctly. With both the AFL app and Foxtel go.

They're not doing qtrs now...... Straight 2 odds hours of footy and discussion during the breaks with ads of course.
They're slowly improving the content....... They just need to spend coin on the infrastructure then everyone will be happy..... They have bandwidth issues their side.... Because of the amount of traffic going through their bottle neck. Slowly spoon feeding the spending but it's us the customer that is paying for it.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can't I watch the Eagles game?

Yeah its non existant for me, the app automatically updated today and now theres bullshit maccas advertising everywhere and you cant watch the games :rolleyes:

are you trying to watch it on an ipad too?

Yeah its non existant for me, the app automatically updated today and now theres bullshit maccas advertising everywhere and you cant watch the games :rolleyes:

are you trying to watch it on an ipad too?

Yes.

I thought every game was live, that is why I paid for the damn pass.

They've banned screen mirroring with this latest update to Chrome cast. Worked fine last week, but now won't work comes up with 'External display not allowed'. SO ANNOYING!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back