AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

They've banned screen mirroring with this latest update to Chrome cast. Worked fine last week, but now won't work comes up with 'External display not allowed'. SO ANNOYING!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk
If one were to cast the screen then open the app one may find it works....

I think it has a lot to do with:-
A. the current load on your mobile network provider
B. the fact that its easter and people tend to be away and use the internet streaming service...........The AFL need to keep a finger on the pulse because of the bottleneck affect on the servers. Didnt you guys notice that performance the other week when Collingwood played on the friday night went down.

They've banned screen mirroring with this latest update to Chrome cast. Worked fine last week, but now won't work comes up with 'External display not allowed'. SO ANNOYING!!!

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Start the stream, THEN cast. It only checks when the stream is starting.

(Nexus 5X + Chromecast 2. Your mileage may vary.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth the money of investing in watch afl if you don't want to get foxtel in my opinion. Had no issues with watch afl all season.

Worth the money of investing in watch afl if you don't want to get foxtel in my opinion. Had no issues with watch afl all season.
Yes after a few teething problems it has been good, overall better than last year. I've loved having the Fox Footy channel. Plus on my subscription I was given an extremely favourable exchange rate so no complaints here whatsoever.

WatchAFL Global Pass has 25% off a 12-month subscription at the moment with coupon code TAK25OFF.
WatchAFL pretty much gives streaming access to Fox Footy for anyone outside Australia, or anyone who have a valid geo-dodging service (ie. Getflix). You can watch in full screen on a tablet and cast / airplay to your tv, or can watch on a laptop and connect it to your TV. I'm in Germany and the quality is very good (for me).

Normal price is $189AUD, so should come down to $141.75. It does say on the website that this is for 12-months access (rather than the remainder of the season), so it should take you through to the this time 12-months. Be aware that it will automatically roll over at full price for next season if you don't cancel in advance. I can't see how long the 25% offer is running for, but I can update the post if someone finds it.
For anyone overseas, Fox do give pricing in your local currency based on geo-location (as either $149USD, €149, £149), so it's worth registering using a VPN outside US/GB/EU to get the Australian price which works out the cheapest.

They are also offering a 1-day free trial this Sunday: https://www.watchafl.com.au/join/china. Good for a test to see if it works for you before signing up, or if it works with your geo-block option if you're based in Australia. Probably best to check the T&C's to make sure the account doesn't automatically roll over after the free trial (I can't follow through with a test order as I already have an account that I don't want to mess with).

I've had such a bad experience with this app.
Telstra have unfortunately gone with the new 'deliberate obfuscation' tactic used by big companies and some government agencies like Centrelink.
The app never worked in the first place and then they made it near impossible to UNSUBSCRIBE.
I've spent the last month being transferred between no less than 4 agencies at Telstra (BigPond Media, tech support, billing and CrowdSupport).
They still haven't found the unsubscribe button.
The AFL should have nothing to do with Telstra.

I've had such a bad experience with this app.
Telstra have unfortunately gone with the new 'deliberate obfuscation' tactic used by big companies and some government agencies like Centrelink.
The app never worked in the first place and then they made it near impossible to UNSUBSCRIBE.
I've spent the last month being transferred between no less than 4 agencies at Telstra (BigPond Media, tech support, billing and CrowdSupport).
They still haven't found the unsubscribe button.
The AFL should have nothing to do with Telstra.

Undoubtedly this has been suggested to you.

AFL live pass will only work for me on chrome. Not explorer or safari.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back