AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else have trouble with the Live Pass (overseas variety) today and last night? It's possible my internet is just s**t but it couldn't keep up all game and would randomly segue back an hour or so every few minutes. Which makes me think the service itself wasn't coping.

Here is a screenshot from the response to my complaint email. I live in south-London and my internet is fine. Could not watch the entire last qtr on Saturday morning.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 3.56.11 pm.png
Seems we all got the same bullshit response...particularly galling considering I was watching via my browser.

Not bad for a billion $$$$ business, hey?

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot from the response to my complaint email. I live in south-London and my internet is fine. Could not watch the entire last qtr on Saturday morning.

View attachment 420688
Seems we all got the same bullshit response...particularly galling considering I was watching via my browser.

Not bad for a billion $$$$ business, hey?
I got this from them this morning.

Thank you for your email.

The tech team have identified the technical issue that caused the error for the Richmond v GWS match and are putting various contingencies in place ahead of the upcoming Grand Final weekend so that we can deliver an uninterrupted stream.

Thank you
- Watch AFL Team

Not at home so not near a tv.
Not sure if the grand final parade is even on tv but young fella wanted a look.
Used the app all year, not overly fussed but when hit live stream, I didn't realise we'd left the country here in regonial Victoria

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-29-12-10-45.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-29-12-10-45.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 134

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crystal clear hd with no buffering or pixelation. Oh, i had foxtel satellite service.

In this country i cannot understand why people who can get foxtel satellites choose the web product. Understand some have mo choice as they live in apartments and that kinda thing. But if you can get satellite just get it

Yep my Pixel phone can Cast to my Chromecast with is plugged into my TV. Full hd, foxtel coverage of all games. Just need my internet to be running smooth and it's perfect.

Yep my Pixel phone can Cast to my Chromecast with is plugged into my TV. Full hd, foxtel coverage of all games. Just need my internet to be running smooth and it's perfect.

I can cast and my internet is the bees knees

Still s**t tho

For those not aware you can get a free 2 week trial of Foxtel Now (online streaming version of Foxtel). After the 2 weeks you can keep it for as low as $39/month (assuming you go with one of the $10 base packages paired with the $29 sports package). Advantage over traditional Foxtel: No installation fees, no minimum contract lengths, and no cancellation fees.

I plan to just keep it for the 6 months (following the free 2 weeks) that takes me through to the end of the season, which is $234 total. I don't know about all of you but personally I think that's pretty good value to gain access to every game and the other Fox Footy content during the week without having to stuff around with VPNs, Smart DNS - the best of which cost money to use anyway.

Last edited:
For those not aware you can get a free 2 week trial of Foxtel Now (online streaming version of Foxtel). After the 2 weeks you can keep it for as low as $39/month (assuming you go with one of the $10 base packages paired with the $29 sports package). Advantage of traditional Foxtel: No installation fees, no minimum contract lengths, and no cancellation fees.

I plan to just keep it for the 6 months (following the free 2 weeks) that takes me through to the end of the season, which is $234 total. I don't know about all of you but personally I think that's pretty good value to gain access to every game and the other Fox Footy content during the week without having to stuff around with VPNs, Smart DNS - the best of which cost money to use anyway.
agreed. I'll ring up as soon as they increase to $65 and cancel. They should give me the discounted rate again. The only reason I got it this season was the REASONABLE $39 price. $65 is too expensive

agreed. I'll ring up as soon as they increase to $65 and cancel. They should give me the discounted rate again. The only reason I got it this season was the REASONABLE $39 price. $65 is too expensive
Are you talking about Foxtel Now (streaming service) or traditional Foxtel (cable or satellite) with an IQ box? The $39/month is the ongoing price for Foxtel Now and I can't see anything on their website to the contrary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back