AFL Live Pass

Demon129

Debutant
Dec 24, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kodi just uses the credentials from the afl app (or your Telstra details if you get it free through them). It doesn't cast the app.

Any chance you can run me through a step by step of this ? I have the afl live pass with telstra, how can I get that from phone (samsung galaxy) to tv ?

Cheers

Jesus - just went to watch a reply on the AFL site but now you have to have a Live Pass... through the web site. You can't watch it if you bought the SAME THING via the app.

They couldn't flag this when they charge you for another year? What a shitshow.

All together:

* you Telstra!

So basically what I did was install a computer program called Bluestacks (which acts as a virtual phone emulator on a computer). Then, I went to google play and installed the afl mobile app, which should then show up in bluestacks eventually under the apps tab. Then I went into the app and logged in with my telstra details and there you go, right to go.

I think they are simply trying to get people off paying via the App store as it costs them 30%.

Rather than offer new, enticing options to reward people who purchase online, they are punishing customers who pay via the App store.

Typical Telstra "* you" attitude.

So basically what I did was install a computer program called Bluestacks (which acts as a virtual phone emulator on a computer). Then, I went to google play and installed the afl mobile app, which should then show up in bluestacks eventually under the apps tab. Then I went into the app and logged in with my telstra details and there you go, right to go.
OK that's for Android, which I don't use.

OK that's for Android, which I don't use.
It’s a s**t situation. At least it’s a bigger screen for us Telstra users. All I wanted to do was mirror replays from my phone to my tv, but I can’t even do that anymore.

It’s a s**t situation. At least it’s a bigger screen for us Telstra users. All I wanted to do was mirror replays from my phone to my tv, but I can’t even do that anymore.
The other option is try and get your money back off Apple and go via the AFL site.

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Link? The one I found seems to just play trailers.

Try google "AFL live app Kodi".

There are a number of steps involved in setting it up first time.

But after that it is just a matter of casting your phone and playing the app through Kodi.

Can also download Kodi on your PC and hook it up through a cable.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Ok, update from my experience to date.

Signed up for the WatchAFL deal here in SG. Can run the Foxtel TV shows through the TV (via internet browser) with no issues, picture quality is actually quite good. Much better than I expected. It starts off in a minimised window, but scales up nicely.

Cannot, despite repeat attempts - live stream games on the same website on the TV. Refuses to load, even if I wait up to 10 minutes. Will not play the game even if I select the 'From Start' option, rather than the live broadcast.

Can stream, with no issues to the Android tablet. No delay, no issues - all systems connected wirelessly to the same network. Not sure whether the live stream is in a different format, so won't work on the TV, but I may have to look into a Chromecast device to get the games on the TV. Haven't tried watching the games as replays yet.

TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
If I was to buy a weekly live pass on the 5th May at say 1 o’clock to watch the dogs game, does it expire at 1 o’clock on the 12th May or would it last the whole of that Saturday so I can watch the dogs game at 6:55??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back