AFL Live PC version, when? How 'bout NOW?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at RLL2 on the BA forum

Thanks but looking at the posts on there is just confirming to myself that I'm not capable of working out all that stuff. I really just want access to the texture files so I can edit them.
I wish Wouldubeinta was an AFL fan. The stuff he's made would be awesome to have for AFL Live.

It took me about a year and a half but I got somewhere today using a texture finding/replacing program.
BLvsCARL2.jpg StKRunoutRetro.jpg FremRunoutRetro.jpg RichRunoutClash.jpg WCEvCARL.jpg PortRunoutRetro.jpg EssRunoutRetro.jpg BLRunoutAway.jpg
The main issues now are dealing with sponsors (although I think I have a workaround for that) and number colours (which I have no idea how to change for a whole team).

It took me about a year and a half but I got somewhere today using a texture finding/replacing program.
View attachment 211397 View attachment 211398 View attachment 211399 View attachment 211401 View attachment 211402 View attachment 211403 View attachment 211404 View attachment 211405
The main issues now are dealing with sponsors (although I think I have a workaround for that) and number colours (which I have no idea how to change for a whole team).
I applaud you, this is fantastic!

I applaud you, this is fantastic!
Thanks. It's actually the whole reason I bought the PC version but I could never figure out how to access the texture files until today.
I'd like to do a whole 2016 set with some new heritage options.

Thanks. It's actually the whole reason I bought the PC version but I could never figure out how to access the texture files until today.
I'd like to do a whole 2016 set with some new heritage options.
Is it possible to share this? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff with PC. Really want to see Hawthorn's Adidas kits done in AFL Live 1

Is it possible to share this? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff with PC. Really want to see Hawthorn's Adidas kits done in AFL Live 1
Yes but I'm still figuring it out. I'm doing it through a program I found called TexMod. You would just need that, the files I've created and your .exe file of the game. There's probably better way but I literally just discovered this today.
Also, Hawthorn's clash jumper is going to be a nightmare to recreate so I don't plan on attempting it for a while.

Yes but I'm still figuring it out. I'm doing it through a program I found called TexMod. You would just need that, the files I've created and your .exe file of the game. There's probably better way but I literally just discovered this today.
Also, Hawthorn's clash jumper is going to be a nightmare to recreate so I don't plan on attempting it for a while.
You are the first I've seen mod the Guernseys.

Yeah, our clash is a nightmare. Just would like the home and away. Good luck making these, look awesome. I will be buying a copy of the game this week on PC

So TexMod actually managed to open the data.blobset.pc files? Nice work by the way.

So TexMod actually managed to open the data.blobset.pc files? Nice work by the way.
No, it works with the exe file. I have to play the game and cycle through each texture until I find the right ones, then I save them, edit over them and replace them. It does the job to an extent but as I said, I have no idea how to change the number colours and sponsors are also an issue at the moment.

You are the first I've seen mod the Guernseys.

Yeah, our clash is a nightmare. Just would like the home and away. Good luck making these, look awesome. I will be buying a copy of the game this week on PC
Yeah, well I was hoping someone would have started before me so I could learn off them.

HAWvsNORTH.jpg
Here's the home so far. Adding iiNet was easy because they didn't have anything on their back anyway but I still need to change to Adidas from Puma.
Also pictured is North Melbourne in white shorts which you couldn't pick before but I had to replace their home because it's their only jumper with black numbers.

Yeah, well I was hoping someone would have started before me so I could learn off them.

View attachment 211464
Here's the home so far. Adding iiNet was easy because they didn't have anything on their back anyway but I still need to change to Adidas from Puma.
Also pictured is North Melbourne in white shorts which you couldn't pick before but I had to replace their home because it's their only jumper with black numbers.
These both look so good! Thanks for whipping this up for me, makes me really excited aha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you be able to update the swans jersey? All that has changed is the citi sponsor on the back is blue instead of white

Not really. I haven't been looking into it yet though. I'm hoping there will be a Rugby League Live mod that could help.

Not sure how far you have gotten but the jersey, sponsors and numbers are all seperate textures
You can try using quickbms tool with the rugby league live 2 script, this unpack the blobset file and gives access to everything it also works with don Bradman cricket
But I can only seem to get so far with it, you could give that a go and see if you have more success than me

Not sure how far you have gotten but the jersey, sponsors and numbers are all seperate textures
You can try using quickbms tool with the rugby league live 2 script, this unpack the blobset file and gives access to everything it also works with don Bradman cricket
But I can only seem to get so far with it, you could give that a go and see if you have more success than me
I tried that quickbms thing too but it only extracted like a quarter of everything before erroring out for everything else. Never bothered going much further.

Last edited:
I tried a tool I found for Rugby League to try and extract the blobset files but it only worked for a small number and fa

I tried that quickbms thing too but it only extracted like a quarter of everything before erroring out for everything else. Never bothered going much further.

Yeah always did it to me at a_walsh hair haha never could get past that!
Would be the way to go if anyone can figure it out though

I found the texture files for the jumper/shorts/socks, sponsors and individual player numbers. The uniform has been easy to deal with so I've been playing with that the most.

I haven't put that much effort into dealing with the sponsors but my main issue is that the apparel sponsors are always black on a black background or white on a white background and I can only see the logo if I turn on the Alpha channel on Photoshop.
I tried to just get rid of the sponsors (so I could just apply the sponsors directly to the uniform texture) by replacing the file with a heritage jumper sponsor texture (which has no sponsors) but this just made large areas of the jumper black.

I'm currently saving the textures as bmp files so I might get different results with other file types but I haven't got around to that yet.

As for the numbers, I can save a players' individual number but it's hard to save each one without control over the camera, I'm also not sure what will happen if I edit them. If I edit an Essendon players' white number 1 to make it pink, it may make all the white number 1's in the game pink.

I'll look into the quickbms tool but I don't know much about video game files and programming. I only really know about graphics, everything else has either been self-taught or learned off a youtube video.

I found the texture files for the jumper/shorts/socks, sponsors and individual player numbers. The uniform has been easy to deal with so I've been playing with that the most.

I haven't put that much effort into dealing with the sponsors but my main issue is that the apparel sponsors are always black on a black background or white on a white background and I can only see the logo if I turn on the Alpha channel on Photoshop.
I tried to just get rid of the sponsors (so I could just apply the sponsors directly to the uniform texture) by replacing the file with a heritage jumper sponsor texture (which has no sponsors) but this just made large areas of the jumper black.

I'm currently saving the textures as bmp files so I might get different results with other file types but I haven't got around to that yet.

As for the numbers, I can save a players' individual number but it's hard to save each one without control over the camera, I'm also not sure what will happen if I edit it. If I edit an Essendon players' white number 1 to make it pink, it may make all the white number 1's in the game pink.

I'll look into the quickbms tool but I don't know much about video game files and programming. I only really know about graphics, everything else has either been self-taught or learned off a youtube video.

try saving them as a dds

This is really exciting stuff that surfaced today. I'm really hoping that we can give this game a facelift and fix up all the jerseys/logos and what not. Just hoping that we can also update the squads to 2015 lists

This is really exciting stuff that surfaced today. I'm really hoping that we can give this game a facelift and fix up all the jerseys/logos and what not. Just hoping that we can also update the squads to 2015 lists
There's save converters for PS3->360 and vis-versa but none for PC as far as I know.
Either having the console save files on PC or the textures patched into the console versions would be great. Sadly at the moment you have to choose between updated rosters or updated uniforms.

There's save converters for PS3->360 and vis-versa but none for PC as far as I know.
Either having the console save files on PC or the textures patched into the console versions would be great. Sadly at the moment you have to choose between updated rosters or updated uniforms.
Updated uniforms for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back