News AFL Logo to be redesigned

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a pretty good effort actually, for something quite different from what we've seen. The yellow in the club colour versions is a bit jarring though, needs to be more of a gold colour.

I'm going to have to post my concepts from my portfolio I think. That Toyota Premiership logo of yours is a similar vibe to mine, and it seems Nato is having similar thoughts to me with his redo of the current logo.

Here is something I made a while ago. Could do with a little tweaking it is what it is for now.
View attachment 690777

Good work Fizz. There’s something in this one, but I think it would look better without the slant to match the upright AFL text. More of an oval shield I guess. Same with the Southern Cross, a regulation one would do quite nicely and could easily be replaced by a “W” or “X” for the other comps.

latest
But let's not lose perspective about the point of my post and what the goal was.

Or maybe we should. Different version of the same idea:
AFL_goalpostlogo3.png

Good work Fizz. There’s something in this one, but I think it would look better without the slant to match the upright AFL text. More of an oval shield I guess. Same with the Southern Cross, a regulation one would do quite nicely and could easily be replaced by a “W” or “X” for the other comps.
I definitely agree. I’ll have to see how it would look like that as I reckon you’re onto something here. The slanted southern cross will certainly be gone though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it ends up being so close to what it is now, what's the point??

WWE did this...

1560332172039.png

On the left was the late 90's logo and it took them until their network was launched in 2014 to update it. Essentially the same design obviously just tidied up. I can see a similar subtle change from the AFL.

WWE did this...

View attachment 691113

On the left was the late 90's logo and it took them until their network was launched in 2014 to update it. Essentially the same design obviously just tidied up. I can see a similar subtle change from the AFL.
But the current AFL logo isn't as unrefined as the late 90s WWE logo... It's a perfectly good logo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back