News AFL Logo to be redesigned

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple more ideas I had lying around. The first one would've been good from about 1997 to 1999 and is a bit too busy for what goes nowadays, didn't mean for that since the latest Australian Open logo was my launching point. Still like it enough to share though.

Next one would be a lot closer to the direction they're probably heading in. Might not tick every box but it's ultra portable, and imo would at least look better at the base of a premiership cup. There's also a fair bit of New Balance 'N' and old Channel 7 logo infringement, so you know I'm on to something.

I also put together a different version of the same idea which looked a little too much like a branding iron (or the Masterchef 'm'), so I decided to go a step further and make it look exactly like a branding iron (or the Masterchef 'm'). Perfect for the 2000-2001 seasons.

Open wide for some footbaaall!

Next one would be a lot closer to the direction they're probably heading in. Might not tick every box but it's ultra portable, and imo would at least look better at the base of a premiership cup. There's also a fair bit of New Balance 'N' and old Channel 7 logo infringement, so you know I'm on to something.

View attachment 695040
Was the 'V' in the negative space deliberate?

New logo.
Tidied up a bit

867FEE16-E019-4C4B-9234-4BE29597A0E9.jpeg
Shhhhh!

Loving the creativity from those good at this sort of thing.

Loving the creativity from those good at this sort of thing.
It's a good place here. This is where I go when I'm not messing around on the Collingwood board or feuding on the main board :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFL, MLB, NBA

Only minor tweaks done to these, Hope it’s not a major change because it hurts your brand.

This would be the 4th league logo in my life time while the leagues above still have the original from when I was born.

NFL, MLB, NBA

Only minor tweaks done to these, Hope it’s not a major change because it hurts your brand.

This would be the 4th league logo in my life time while the leagues above still have the original from when I was born.
To be fair there had to be at least one major change as the organisation changed names, and its logo had as the focal point the first letter of the name. Woulda been a bit hard to change from VFL to AFL and not have a fairly significant logo change. Especially when moving from an expanded state comp to a national one.

To be fair there had to be at least one major change as the organisation changed names, and its logo had as the focal point the first letter of the name. Woulda been a bit hard to change from VFL to AFL and not have a fairly significant logo change. Especially when moving from an expanded state comp to a national one.

I agree, the poitn I am making is, the logo is good, yes it may need a tweek, but all in all supporters should not be able to ell from a distance it has changed.

The revenue they would gain in merch sales would not meet the cost of the AFL doing the logo and also the brand being lost nationally and internationally if they did a major change.

From a couple of inside sources it sounds like the AFL are trying to push the 'AFL' brand with everything else falling below it

AFL
AFLW
AFL Pre-Season
AFL VIC
AFL NSW
AFL SA

Which logically makes sense if they are looking to do a rebrand and keep the same look and feel of everything under the AFL umbrella. However it sounds like the SANFL are putting up a bit of a fight in regards to being renamed AFL SA

From a couple of inside sources it sounds like the AFL are trying to push the 'AFL' brand with everything else falling below it

AFL
AFLW
AFL Pre-Season
AFL VIC
AFL NSW
AFL SA

Which logically makes sense if they are looking to do a rebrand and keep the same look and feel of everything under the AFL umbrella. However it sounds like the SANFL are putting up a bit of a fight in regards to being renamed AFL SA
So pretty similar to how NRL rolls? Do we have confirmation if the AFL are trying to have this ready for the 2020 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back