News AFL Logo to be redesigned

Remove this Banner Ad

wasn’t the outer ring silver?
I based it off this
8568749_orig.jpg
The extra blue stroke was added to show the outer white stroke so it doesn't blend with the white background (unless you're on dark mode)

You just know this current administration will royally balls it up and go with something completely ridiculous.
And the owner of the design company will be a family friend of one of them

this thread seemingly died but im working on a project and was hoping for ppls thoughts on this AFL logo
i aimed to simplify it while not changing it drastically as it is easily one of the most recognisable logos in the country and i thought changing it drastically would be a dumb idea.
let me know thoughts and comments!
afl logo.png

this thread seemingly died but im working on a project and was hoping for ppls thoughts on this AFL logo
i aimed to simplify it while not changing it drastically as it is easily one of the most recognisable logos in the country and i thought changing it drastically would be a dumb idea.
View attachment 1256311
Love it! That smooth gradient looks really nice, not too jarring as they often are.

If your goal is to simplify the logo, next thing I would do is remove those 'ticks' from the ends of the A and L.

View attachment 1256311
The removal of the multiple outer edges of the ball gets a big yes. But that particular colour arrangement looks like a leftover from AFLX.

After taking some time away from here, I am just tinkering with an old idea, adding the football at the bottom of the men's logo and recolouring the women's. Looking at the AFLW jumpers I am resigned to the idea that the naming rights sponsor may end up on the jumper in both comps one day.

Thought the AFL shield needs a football somewhere as a nod to the old VFL/SANFL/WAFL logos.

1643518934529.png

After taking some time away from here, I am just tinkering with an old idea, adding the football at the bottom of the men's logo and recolouring the women's. Looking at the AFLW jumpers I am resigned to the idea that the naming rights sponsor may end up on the jumper in both comps one day.

Thought the AFL shield needs a football somewhere as a nod to the old VFL/SANFL/WAFL logos.

I'd love to see them go to a shield again, but to be honest i don't even mind the current AFL logo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1319221
Came up with this idea forever ago for my portfolio, I think it looks pretty neat and works well on jumpers.
It's not bad, but feel the A isn't the best font choice and the line weights could be thicker. Also, the inconsistent gaps between stitches on the football is triggering.

Is this still happening, or have the AFL realised that like the NBA, MLB and NFL perhaps just leaving a logo as is would work better?

Is this still happening, or have the AFL realised that like the NBA, MLB and NFL perhaps just leaving a logo as is would work better?
i reckon they have one and sitting on it to release when they need to go into damage control

View attachment 1256311

Another attempt at a new AFL logo.

View attachment 1611696
I like these two proposals. Bottom one gives me a retro 90s feel

Looking for this answer too?

It was during covid so no money/no point?

Also, we are prob very lucky it never got done as it would most likely be awful anyways

Looking for this answer too?

It was during covid so no money/no point?

Also, we are prob very lucky it never got done as it would most likely be awful anyways
I know it had to change back in 2000 because they wanted the AFL clear on the logo and the logo 90-99 only had the A, but they have a logo that could stand next to NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB and not look out of place so any change I hope is just slight modernizing like the American ones have and not a full re do.

i was today years old when i realised that the "A" in the old AFL logo is from the aussie flag

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back