storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Australia Cricket,League,Union team
Hey guys, I wasn't sure if what to use for the the prefix, I apologise if I used the wrong one, maybe a moderator can fix it if its wrong or slap my wrist.

I have thought for a while that the current logos for most AFL clubs are very cartoonish and look ... well to be frank amateur when compared to different sporting logos from around the world. Anyone else share the view?

Anyway, I was just wondering what your logos for any/all 18 clubs would be if you had the rights to design any/all logos you wanted. I would design one but I am crap at it. lol

There was a really good Eagles logo I remember seeing, I just cannot remember who did it. It was basically like our 'old' eagle, but modernized slightly.

There was a really good Eagles logo I remember seeing, I just cannot remember who did it. It was basically like our 'old' eagle, but modernized slightly.
Was it this?

eagles logo.jpg

Also, I've been looking for a reason to post these

west coast eagles new shield logo.png west coast eagles new shield logo 3.png west coast eagles new shield logo 2.png

I love you'r guys work on here, Wish I had the skills to do something similar bu I don't. I often scroll through old threads in this section admiring people's skills.

I love you'r guys work on here, Wish I had the skills to do something similar bu I don't. I often scroll through old threads in this section admiring people's skills.
Mate, we all start out the same. This is how I started out:
Went on google images and searched up footy jumpers. There were a bunch of paint and photoshop jobs form bigfooty and I really liked them. After scrolling through a good 23 pages of footy jumpers, a few ideas popped into my head about some designs. I wanted to draw them, but they were too hard to draw. I googled how to make a footy jumper in paint. First result. BigFooty. I followed the step by step instructions and I finally made my first design on the computer. After making about 50 designs, I decided to create an account on BigFooty and share my ideas in the Footy Graphic Design Board. After about another 150 designs in paint, I moved onto Photoshop. I haven't moved away from Photoshop since.

How to make a jumper in paint:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-microsoft-paint-word-tutorial.660776/

Universal Template Thread:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/universal-template-thread.880117/

All I ask of you is, please, please have a go at making one yourself. Once you nut it out, you know how to do it and the execution of those ideas that you may have will come better through practice. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I'm with NM on this one. Give it a go! I ha a few ideas when The Giants released there tops so I googled "footy guernsey templates". First thing, BigFooty. After a while of hand drawn designs (ill post some soon) I gave paint a go. I still do drawn ones, but my main stuff is now paint. And it's good fun, designing something and competing in the comps on here against fellow designers. Try, learn and get better

logo_brisbane_lions_mock2.png
Return of the real Lion, Brisbane Bears monogram on the left and Fitzroy monogram on the right delibrately placed to read out "BBFFC" (Brisbane Bears Fitzroy Football Club). 1883 on the logo to represent Fitzroy's establishment, as Fitzroy are the older merger partner than the Bears. Top chunk mostly blue and the rest mostly maroon just like on our real triple-premiership winning jumper.

Note: this was done on Paint.

Stolen from the Brisbane Bombers proposed NRL bid.
085033-brisbane-bombers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, we all start out the same. This is how I started out:
Went on google images and searched up footy jumpers. There were a bunch of paint and photoshop jobs form bigfooty and I really liked them. After scrolling through a good 23 pages of footy jumpers, a few ideas popped into my head about some designs. I wanted to draw them, but they were too hard to draw. I googled how to make a footy jumper in paint. First result. BigFooty. I followed the step by step instructions and I finally made my first design on the computer. After making about 50 designs, I decided to create an account on BigFooty and share my ideas in the Footy Graphic Design Board. After about another 150 designs in paint, I moved onto Photoshop. I haven't moved away from Photoshop since.

How to make a jumper in paint:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-microsoft-paint-word-tutorial.660776/

Universal Template Thread:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/universal-template-thread.880117/

All I ask of you is, please, please have a go at making one yourself. Once you nut it out, you know how to do it and the execution of those ideas that you may have will come better through practice. :thumbsu:

Thanks for that mate.

I really do not like logos that are overly complicated, sometimes it can work, but in my opinion simplicity is best, for example, I love that Carlton logo, but I am a sucker for circle logos haha!

NM Design can you please post your avatar but change the writing to North Melbourne Football Club and change the year too?
That would look classy. Could drop the "Football Club" though unless if he wants to move the est. year.

A Brisbane Lions version (with the real Lion of course) or a Port version of NM's avatar would also look good.

NM Design can you please post your avatar but change the writing to North Melbourne Football Club and change the year too?
That would look classy. Could drop the "Football Club" though unless if he wants to move the est. year.

A Brisbane Lions version (with the real Lion of course) or a Port version of NM's avatar would also look good.

I think you might have to ask the original designer of that logo, rather than NM.

I think you might have to ask the original designer of that logo, rather than NM.
Yeah thats what I thought. I forgot who designed it though. :( Ripper job whoever did it :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back