AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news around the traps?

From what I've seen if magpies don't perform this year they will be the laughing stock of the competition after investing a fair whack of money into players.

How does Jaebyn Drefke go? He signed with a team down South Aus & looks pretty handy. Sounds like he will slip straight into the A grade side off a back flank

Yeh, I know the family quite well. From what I have seen he is a top lad who is pretty handy. Was he one of the better players in the mackay league?

Hes pretty handy, and has a deceptively good vertical leap. When fit, he just slips into the Mackay rep side. Mackay has 7 teams to choose from for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if that was the hawks full strength team on the weekend? Because that was embarrassing!

It was probably close to Yeppoon's full strength team and they've done that to just about everyone here for the last couple of years in seniors, 17's and (up until finals time given they've gone out in straight sets both years) reserves (as long as they don't plonk a kid at FF it's manageable from a personal standpoint). I suppose when over 50 players are looking for a game each week (not to mention about 28 under 17's last year) the internal standard goes up big time because non-performance may mean they're at the bar instead of reserve grade. I'm not sure what Bakers are sending down to the beach this weekend in terms of strength (17's are also playing, best education some of these players will get) but they'll struggle to get close depending on how many reserves players play extended minutes.

Hearing Moranbah are struggling for players this season and possibly won't field a team.

No open aged teams of either gender for Moranbah, Swans also have no women's.

Anyone know if that was the hawks full strength team on the weekend? Because that was embarrassing!
We had a few senior players missing but it wouldn't of made a whole lot of difference as we were beaten by a far superior team on the day. Swans will take some beating down in Afl Cap league this season. Thought number 28 was by far the best on ground player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back