AFL Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Afl Macakay

Ah i see well it makes sense to me.

Harrop Park will always be a cricket venue firstly over a football venue so the centre wicket will always be hard for the football season.
I was speaking with JK when we played the Hawks and he said that the centre wicket gets fenced off and they arent aloud to run on it at training, makes doing some drill a bit hard.
Mackay AFL need to look at the contract they have there and get some things changed.

There's big drama's between AFL Mackay and Harrop Park management, the AFL built the ground yet left in the hands of Harrop Park to manage and maintain with out deligating enough power to AFL Mackay hence the situation the league is now.
It was a bad vset up the start and has only progressed worse, something needs to sorted out quickly because it's a waste of such potentially good facilitie's if they can't be fully utilised for the best interest of AFL Mackay.
Theres no football scheduled there in summer so the same should apply re cricket during footy season.
Unfortunately common sense doesn't always prevail but i think there is a long term hidden agenda with Harrop Park in terms of which way they wan't to go with the oval and football may not be a apart of that so by making it as difficult as possable for The Mackay footy league may drive the footy league away and then they've got it all to themselves.

I sincerely hope i'm wrong because with the new renovations happening it would great to host a NAB cup game in the near future which i know is one of the League presidents main goals to boost and promote AFL in the Mackay region.

Weekends results...

Major Semi -Whitsunday Sea Eagles 15.5 - 95 def Mackay City Hawks 12.5 - 77

Minor Semi - Eastern Swans 21.6 - 132 def Bakers Creek 5.7 - 37

Weekends results...

We went down to Bakers Creek to watch them play Swans yesterday ,disgraceful lack of discipline from the home team led to the game being played out in a farcical manner.
Hard to gauge the Easteners form from that schemozzle but personally i think they can knock Hawks off this week.
Hope the groundsmen are pumping plenty of water int the centre square wicket area.

Weekends results...

How'd ya pull up, it seemed a fairly hard game from the groundstand.
You guy's didn't get it all your own way but did enough at times to get over the line, i guess this time of year it's not how you win'm just aslong you win'm and now youv'e got a fortnight to recharge the batteries before the big1.

We went down to Bakers Creek to watch them play Swans yesterday ,disgraceful lack of discipline from the home team led to the game being played out in a farcical manner.
Hard to gauge the Easteners form from that schemozzle but personally i think they can knock Hawks off this week.
Hope the groundsmen are pumping plenty of water int the centre square wicket area.

The game was in pretty good spirits until the last quarter, thats the problem with elimination finals , when side realise they can't win the care factor goe's out the window and so doe's the discipline.
The winning side becomes an easy target knowing they can't retaliate due to not wanting to miss the next week from suspension.
The Swans coach felt his side remained fairly disciplined concidering what was dish out to some of them during the last, what was pleasing was there was three umpires whom delt with some of the undiscipline acts promptly before it got out of hand and could've turned ugly.

John, did you happen to notice the Swans fullforward not being in favour of the home crowd?

The game was in pretty good spirits until the last quarter, thats the problem with elimination finals , when side realise they can't win the care factor goe's out the window and so doe's the discipline.
The winning side becomes an easy target knowing they can't retaliate due to not wanting to miss the next week from suspension.
The Swans coach felt his side remained fairly disciplined concidering what was dish out to some of them during the last, what was pleasing was there was three umpires whom delt with some of the undiscipline acts promptly before it got out of hand and could've turned ugly.

John, did you happen to notice the Swans fullforward not being in favour of the home crowd?
I love it how you speak of yourself as a 3rd person!

You would be pretty happy with your form wouldn't you, snagging 7.

I love it how you speak of yourself as a 3rd person!
Shoooosh!! You'll blow my cover!

You would be pretty happy with your form wouldn't you, snagging 7.
Wasn't a bad day at the office i suppose but more importantly it was good to see the team have 28 scoring shots at 80% efficiency and restrict the opposition to only 12 scoring shots.

I believe the Swans are capable of kicking 15-16 goals thisweek, it's whether the backline can restrict the Hawks to below that will determine the result.

It would've worked out better if your two's could've got over the line aswell to save the club another trip back down with bus fee's and all.

How'd ya pull up, it seemed a fairly hard game from the groundstand.
You guy's didn't get it all your own way but did enough at times to get over the line, i guess this time of year it's not how you win'm just aslong you win'm and now youv'e got a fortnight to recharge the batteries before the big1.

Pulled up ok, a fair few of the boys are fatigued in the legs so the week off will be a real benifit for us as i imagine all sides would be in a similar boat.
Our team discipline was terrible, 3 centre square infringes against, some lazy free kicks against and some poor decision making kept them in the game. Credit to the Hawks and JK they kept coming at us.

Alot of positives also came out of the game, some were
  • We got challenged and responded each time the Hawks came at us.
  • We played a man down for 3 quarters due to a rediculous interchange bungle by the umpires but still won.
  • No injuries.
  • Although we didnt play our best we got over the line.
No injuries is the big one, we will get McGrath (Over Seas) and McKenzie(injured) both back in for the Granny who are both massive ins.
The Hawks lost a couple on the weekend, the information i got after the game was one of the blokes tore his hammy off the bone and the other has a depressed cheek bone and broken nose which i wouldnt think either of them would play the next 2 weeks.
Im hoping this weekend Swans and Hawks have a really tough physical game! :D

Wasn't a bad day at the office i suppose but more importantly it was good to see the team have 28 scoring shots at 80% efficiency and restrict the opposition to only 12 scoring shots.

I believe the Swans are capable of kicking 15-16 goals thisweek, it's whether the backline can restrict the Hawks to below that will determine the result.

It would've worked out better if your two's could've got over the line aswell to save the club another trip back down with bus fee's and all.
Score board pressure is an underrated thing in finals footy IMO.

Yeah it would have been good if the 2's got up more for the fact they would have been straight through to the granny instead of paying $15 for a bus trip. They were pretty flat about the result but will bounce back strong this week.

Couldn't help but notice P.H. ,one of their classy supporters even had your name textad on his bum which he kept exposing each time you kicked a goal.They were also referring to you as "caspar"[something to do with the friendly ghost].
It was some of the Saints boys who were giving the most abuse,something to do with the melee they reckoned.Said you started it then jogged up to the goalsquare with the ball in hand.What i saw was you take a mark on a long lead then get smashed which led to a bit of biffo with the most obvious feature ,number 33 for Bakers coming off the bench throwing haymakers.
After the umps. regained control you calmly slotted the goal which sent yhe ferals into meltdown.
All in good fun i guess.

Score board pressure is an underrated thing in finals footy IMO.

Yeah it would have been good if the 2's got up more for the fact they would have been straight through to the granny instead of paying $15 for a bus trip. They were pretty flat about the result but will bounce back strong this week.
Your guys will need to be ready for World War 111 because the North club will be viewing Grand Final representation as their God given right.Wouldn't be too worried about $15 for the bus trip.I think a trip to the M.B.H. IN THE BACK OF A MEATWAGON MIGHT BE FREE....Ha ha ...only joking mate.

Pulled up ok, a fair few of the boys are fatigued in the legs so the week off will be a real benifit for us as i imagine all sides would be in a similar boat.
I'm hoping the Hawks players suffered fatigue also and might taper off in the 2nd half this saturday.

Our team discipline was terrible, 3 centre square infringes against, some lazy free kicks against and some poor decision making kept them in the game. Credit to the Hawks and JK they kept coming at us.

Alot of positives also came out of the game, some were
  • We got challenged and responded each time the Hawks came at us.
  • We played a man down for 3 quarters due to a rediculous interchange bungle by the umpires but still won.
  • No injuries.
  • Although we didnt play our best we got over the line.
No injuries is the big one, we will get McGrath (Over Seas) and McKenzie(injured) both back in for the Granny who are both massive ins.
The Hawks lost a couple on the weekend, the information i got after the game was one of the blokes tore his hammy off the bone and the other has a depressed cheek bone and broken nose which i wouldnt think either of them would play the next 2 weeks.
Im hoping this weekend Swans and Hawks have a really tough physical game! :D
Yeah i thought McGrath was missing and McKenzie's back must be on mend then.
I think it was Davis that suffered the head injuries, i don't recall it happening, do remember the incident and what happened?
Tim Moon went off on the stretcher, was the from the hammy tear, i pressumed it was a knee?

Couldn't help but notice P.H. ,one of their classy supporters even had your name textad on his bum which he kept exposing each time you kicked a goal.

John, when i went to the footy i always had my favourite players names wrote across my back, but when i noticed my name textered across that young guys buttocks, i must admit i'm abit confused am i his favourite player or was he indicating something else?
Also i can never understand why i get called Casper concidering i am blessed with such olive skin!

They were also referring to you as "caspar"[something to do with the friendly ghost].
It was some of the Saints boys who were giving the most abuse,something to do with the melee they reckoned.Said you started it then jogged up to the goalsquare with the ball in hand.What i saw was you take a mark on a long lead then get smashed which led to a bit of biffo with the most obvious feature ,number 33 for Bakers coming off the bench throwing haymakers.
After the umps. regained control you calmly slotted the goal which sent yhe ferals into meltdown.
All in good fun i guess.

I did'nt start the melee, it started after i took a mark the fullback made late contact to face with a round arm from behind trying to disguise it as a spoil, the boys were'nt happen with the act and pounced on him which caused players from both teams to run in from everywhere, i got caught up in the middle of it and when i heard an umpire call 50 metres i thought it was more reasponsible as a coach to split from the melee , rather than join in, and wonder down to goal square to keep the game going and hopefully the melle would end as it did.

Yeah it's good fun stiring up the crowd, aslong as i'm getting a kick that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i thought McGrath was missing and McKenzie's back must be on mend then.
I think it was Davis that suffered the head injuries, i don't recall it happening, do remember the incident and what happened?
Tim Moon went off on the stretcher, was the from the hammy tear, i pressumed it was a knee?
Both will be handy inclusions for us in 2 weeks time.

I remember the incident with the player that had the facial injury as i was the person he put pressure on when it happened. I got the ball on the wing, he was running at me from his teams CHB positions direction, he arrived a touch late. I had kicked the ball and as i was going through the motion of kicking he pushed my left hip forward which spun me around, his motion was going the opposite way to mine and he collected my elbow.I didnt even realise he was hurt until a minute later because i followed my kick.

I thought it was a knee like everyone else probably did but Beardy one of the Mackay City Hawks players said to me after the game that Moon tore his hamstring......

I remember the incident with the player that had the facial injury as i was the person he put pressure on when it happened. I got the ball on the wing, he was running at me from his teams CHB positions direction, he arrived a touch late. I had kicked the ball and as i was going through the motion of kicking he pushed my left hip forward which spun me around, his motion was going the opposite way to mine and he collected my elbow.I didnt even realise he was hurt until a minute later because i followed my kick.

How do you sleep at night you animal!
The ch9 camera's where there all day , i might see if i can get the incident investigated, surely you'll get 4-6 weeks for that!

Has the two's not going straight through thrown selection out abit with player availability?
It's usually handy having both teams playing on same day due to if a players dropped he can still play two's even if he's over qualified.

How do you sleep at night you animal!
The ch9 camera's where there all day , i might see if i can get the incident investigated, surely you'll get 4-6 weeks for that!

Has the two's going straight through thrown selection out abit with player availability?
It's usually handy having both teams playing on same day due to if a players dropped he can still play two's even if he's over qualified.
Haha, that would be a great finish to the year, get rubbed out instead of playing off in a granny!
The 2's will get 2 back from the seniors this weekend which will help them. Hobsy who IMO if he played seconds on the weekend the boys would have rolled the Hawks. He is a force up forward in the ressies and Kolders who won the ressies B and F last year also played ones against the Hawks but will drop back this weekend.

Haha, that would be a great finish to the year, get rubbed out instead of playing off in a granny!
The 2's will get 2 back from the seniors this weekend which will help them. Hobsy who IMO if he played seconds on the weekend the boys would have rolled the Hawks. He is a force up forward in the ressies and Kolders who won the ressies B and F last year also played ones against the Hawks but will drop back this weekend.

I hear the Whitsunday Seniors are travelling down with the ressie's and having morning training session at the Swans oval, good idea having a run there before playing in the granny there.
The ground is starting to come up okay but a word of warning toquick, i'm heading there this arvo to set up some bear traps and land mines and there might even be a couple of cows left on the oval with a bad case of the runs!!

Also you'll pleased to know the canteen will be open for after your session, youi'll be able to grab a powerade for only $8- and the guy serving you has got Swine flu!
After you've finish could you give him a lift home around the corner on the bus, good on ya!:thumbsu:

It will be a big day for some of your guys, training in the morning then off to Harrop Park to watch your ressie's then view the senior game to see who you play next week and then hang around for the league presentation.

I hear the Whitsunday Seniors are travelling down with the ressie's and having morning training session at the Swans oval, good idea having a run there before playing in the granny there.
The ground is starting to come up okay but a word of warning toquick, i'm heading there this arvo to set up some bear traps and land mines and there might even be a couple of cows left on the oval with a bad case of the runs!!

Also you'll pleased to know the canteen will be open for after your session, youi'll be able to grab a powerade for only $8- and the guy serving you has got Swine flu!
After you've finish could you give him a lift home around the corner on the bus, good on ya!:thumbsu:

It will be a big day for some of your guys, training in the morning then off to Harrop Park to watch your ressie's then view the senior game to see who you play next week and then hang around for the league presentation.
Your mail is correct, we will be travelling down to Mackay to have a run around at Rogers oval then off to support the ressies. A really good team bonding day and a rare chance for the seniors to have a training session with just the senior side.
I would have though you would have gone to greater lengths PH and payed a sniper to pick of 5 or 6 of our players off....
There will be 16 players and officials sticking around for the league dinner on saturday night so it will end up being a very long day by the time we get home.

I forgot to bring this up earlier in the week but i heard from a good source that there was only 10 Swans players at training for you session last Tuesday PH, is this true? If so i hope you had more on the track this week as im tipping the Hawks wont be a walk over.

Im tipping a Whitsunday white wash at the league dinner on Saturday night. Branchflower to claim the Keg player of the year and the League Medal and Gavin Khul will take out coach of the year.

What are the other honours given out on the night?

Your mail is correct, we will be travelling down to Mackay to have a run around at Rogers oval then off to support the ressies. A really good team bonding day and a rare chance for the seniors to have a training session with just the senior side.
I would have though you would have gone to greater lengths PH and payed a sniper to pick of 5 or 6 of our players off....
There will be 16 players and officials sticking around for the league dinner on saturday night so it will end up being a very long day by the time we get home.

Yeah don't be too suspicious of that guy in dark clothing lying on the Social rooms roof, he's just bird watching!

Are you one of the 16 sticking around, we've got about 12 going at this stage possably more if we win and maybe a few less if we lose.

Any tips to get over the Hawks mate?

Yeah don't be too suspicious of that guy in dark clothing lying on the Social rooms roof, he's just bird watching!

Are you one of the 16 sticking around, we've got about 12 going at this stage possably more if we win and maybe a few less if we lose.

Any tips to get over the Hawks mate?
Yeah i will be sticking around, It should be a good night.

Apparently AFL Mackay are trying to get the dinner a bit more formal this year.

Kick a bigger score then them, that should help you take the candy PH!:D:D

I forgot to bring this up earlier in the week but i heard from a good source that there was only 10 Swans players at training for you session last Tuesday PH, is this true? If so i hope you had more on the track this week as im tipping the Hawks wont be a walk over.

Im tipping a Whitsunday white wash at the league dinner on Saturday night. Branchflower to claim the Keg player of the year and the League Medal and Gavin Khul will take out coach of the year.

What are the other honours given out on the night?

Not that it matters now,but the week before the bakers creek elimination final there was only 12 at training due to work and a few injuries so your source was nearly correct.
If you were there Saturday night im pretty sure who you are not that means anything.

Congats to Paul Branchflower (Whitsunday Sea Eagles) who took out both the Keg player of the year award and the MJ Miller medal.

Yes, great effort to Branchflower winning the double and thoroughly deserved, any onballer that has an influence around the ground and kicks multiple goals when resting in the forward line is invaluable to any team.

What do you think of the ground conditions at Rogers oval after your Saturday morning training session?

Not that it matters now,but the week before the bakers creek elimination final there was only 12 at training due to work and a few injuries so your source was nearly correct.
If you were there Saturday night im pretty sure who you are not that means anything.
You are right, it doesnt matter as you got your boys through to the big dance!
Who do you think i am PH?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back